Mount Disappointment, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes: I really don't mind if they play hits, but they have such a massive back catalogue that's full of classics that don't get played anymore. which is a big shame.

Yeah, and I don't think the casual fan gets enough credit. I know people who've considered songs like An Cat Dubh highlights, or who've been expecting to hear Silver And Gold. And let's face it, if you only know the band's hits, you're probably going to be just as content with WOWY or Pride or One or ISHFWILF - the band doesn't need to do every single bloody one of them!

Well, it wasn't so much intended to be a suggestion, as a boring anecdote, but sure. :wink:

So I guess that means I should start working on it ...

:lol: You turned up at just the right time. I was hoping you would!

I actually already have written some text. Feel free to use any/none of this:

Mount Disappointment was the first installment in our emo mountain trilogy, and for the second installment, we stay in Victoria and hit Mount Difficult. Located in the Grampians National Park, its name rather unsurprisingly stems from its rugged and difficult nature. In January 1999, life became really difficult when a lightning strike on Mount Difficult sparked a forest fire that burnt approximately 7,000 hectares of property. To complete our trilogy, Mount Difficult will be followed by Mount Hopeless.

Mt Difficult
Mt Difficult Fire - Grampians National Park - 1999

:lol: You turned up at just the right time. I was hoping you would!

I actually already have written some text. Feel free to use any/none of this:

Mount Disappointment was the first installment in our emo mountain trilogy, and for the second installment, we stay in Victoria and hit Mount Difficult. Located in the Grampians National Park, its name rather unsurprisingly stems from its rugged and difficult nature. In January 1999, life became really difficult when a lightning strike on Mount Difficult sparked a forest fire that burnt approximately 7,000 hectares of property. To complete our trilogy, Mount Difficult will be followed by Mount Hopeless.

Mt Difficult
Mt Difficult Fire - Grampians National Park - 1999

I just got back from the parents' place... had to go back after I got on the freeway cos I forgot my camera. :der: The Malmsbury exit is far too bloody far away! And I totally didn't get confused and reverse up an exit and then drive the wrong way up the road till I could drive over the median strip... :reject:

Thank you, I may just yoink that. And I have a picture too!

I just got back from the parents' place... had to go back after I got on the freeway cos I forgot my camera. :der: The Malmsbury exit is far too bloody far away! And I totally didn't get confused and reverse up an exit and then drive the wrong way up the road till I could drive over the median strip... :reject:

Sounds like quite an adventure! :lol:

... Malmsbury just makes me think of a Split Enz song ...

Don't tell me someone wrote a song about that place?! I imagine its economy is collapsing now that the freeway by-passes it.

One of the early Enz tracks is Malmsbury Villa. One of my favourite early Enz tracks, actually. It's ... quirky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom