Mount Difficult, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The things that make you wonder!
Both KFC and Lee's are overpriced for what they are here, too. Then again, most poultry tends to be. Which sucks since poultry is basically the only meat I eat on a regular basis.
Subway is definitely my favourite of the bunch, though the bad lettuce and tomatoes I had that one time made me so paranoid that today was the first time I've had lettuce and tomato from there since then even though I've been back there maybe 6 times since that.

I have to say that the best fries have to be from Hardee's. But I dunno if you guys have that down there.

What I don't get is the price disparity between KFC and Macca's. One of those McChicken meals is almost half the price of any burger/chips/drink meal at KFC. They're both using bloody chicken! Well, then again, given it's fast food, how close a chook ever got to the "meat" is probably questionable ...

Nah, we don't have them here.

:hmm: I take back what I said about Pain being my favourite of these Blackfield tracks.
I think I like Epidemic more.

I'm so indecisive. :lol:

I always get the curly fries at Hardee's :drool:

When I was in the US, Kate got me to try the curly fries at ... I think it was called Arby's and they were good. :up:

We also went to Sonic for the lulz at how hideously greasy it is.

What I don't get is the price disparity between KFC and Macca's. One of those McChicken meals is almost half the price of any burger/chips/drink meal at KFC. They're both using bloody chicken! Well, then again, given it's fast food, how close a chook ever got to the "meat" is probably questionable ...

It's a sure bet that the quality of the meat sure makes a difference in the price! Usually, I won't even eat fast food unless I just order some fries or a salad because I refuse the chicken sandwiches from most places and as you know, I don't eat burger, nor a lot of fish, so that doesn't leave many options! I'd rather just eat at home, really.

Orgasmic, aren't they? :drool:
Indeed, though the rest of their menu annoys me. They used to have more normal burgers, but now all they have are HUGE ones. 1/3 and 1/2 pounds of meat. WHO NEEDS A BURGER THAT BIG. Last time my boyfriend wanted to go there, I ended up getting a Frisco burger, just because it was the smallest thing I could see, outside of a kids meal or something.

the chicken pieces kfc use are premium, mc d's are composed of ingredients best left unsaid. i have always admired kfc's refusal to bend to the wanky health conscious. "we deep fry it and will not change. if you don't like it, fuck off and get your salad from the creepy clown. see if we care!"

It's a sure bet that the quality of the meat sure makes a difference in the price! Usually, I won't even eat fast food unless I just order some fries or a salad because I refuse the chicken sandwiches from most places and as you know, I don't eat burger, nor a lot of fish, so that doesn't leave many options! I'd rather just eat at home, really.
Do they have Chick-Fil-A up there? Best chicken sandwiches EVER :drool:

When I was in the US, Kate got me to try the curly fries at ... I think it was called Arby's and they were good. :up:

We also went to Sonic for the lulz at how hideously greasy it is.

Take how good Arby's is and multiply that by ten, then you have Hardee's curly fries. :up:

Indeed, though the rest of their menu annoys me. They used to have more normal burgers, but now all they have are HUGE ones. 1/3 and 1/2 pounds of meat. WHO NEEDS A BURGER THAT BIG. Last time my boyfriend wanted to go there, I ended up getting a Frisco burger, just because it was the smallest thing I could see, outside of a kids meal or something.

I was stunned to learn what Hungry Jack's recently added to their menu. Now, as well as a standard cheeseburger, you can order a double, triple, or QUADRUPLE stack cheeseburger. Who the hell needs FOUR slabs of quasi-meat?

I was stunned to learn what Hungry Jack's recently added to their menu. Now, as well as a standard cheeseburger, you can order a double, triple, or QUADRUPLE stack cheeseburger. Who the hell needs FOUR slabs of quasi-meat?

how wrong are they!! they need to rename them all.
The Stroke Burger, The Heart Attack, The BMI 45+...

Not that I know of. I've heard of it from friends in other states before but I've never heard of one here nor seen one.
If I had to pick only one restaurant to ever eat from again, that's the one I'd pick. Everything I've had there is soooo good. They cook the chicken in peanut oil, which while deadly for people like Ax, make it taste delightfully delicious. And they have these awesome waffle fries. And hand squeezed lemonade, which I love because lemonade is all I drink :D

...everything and nothing... everything and nothing...

..now that could lead into pre-empt a powerhouse of philosophical musings and stumblings.....!!!

the chicken pieces kfc use are premium, mc d's are composed of ingredients best left unsaid. i have always admired kfc's refusal to bend to the wanky health conscious. "we deep fry it and will not change. if you don't like it, fuck off and get your salad from the creepy clown. see if we care!"

Heh, speaking of ingredients best left unsaid, back when I lived in New Zealand, the father of one of my friends claimed he sold pig fat to Macca's for use in their thickshakes. While he was probably just pulling our legs ... it's Macca's.

And their "we're healthy now!" ad campaigns crack me up. No, it's probably more healthy to drag a sandwich along Swanston Street and then eat it.

If I had to pick only one restaurant to ever eat from again, that's the one I'd pick. Everything I've had there is soooo good. They cook the chicken in peanut oil, which while deadly for people like Ax, make it taste delightfully delicious. And they have these awesome waffle fries. And hand squeezed lemonade, which I love because lemonade is all I drink :D
Lemonade ftw! :hi5:
Sounds like good food, but not so much for Axver!

I prefer Chinese food over all. :drool:

I'm not writing off your Magpies, but as you yourself note - the Catters beat you when it counted last year!

And whoever loses out of Geelong/St Kilda? We all know who that will be. :lol:

See you later. :wave:

Back folks :wave:

I think the saints will still give Geelong some trouble. But the catters should still win by a heap.

Anything could happen in the Finals, It just depends which Cats team turns up, the one who wins by 5 points, or the one that wins by 100 :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom