Mount Difficult, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been there, done that.

Fuck. Jetstar you suck. they only have ONE flight to Adelaide and its 6:30am on Friday, the saturday one is sold out.....and its only $59!

Have you thought of doing the Overland train? It has a dodgy schedule so it probably won't help, but it's worth a try. I know they put on extra carriages/services at grand final time ...

Oh, lame. Did just the mere talk of the hyper-chocolate cake last night my time set you off? :wink:
Oh yes, it's all your fault. Bastard. :lol:

Nah, I think it just has to do with yesterday, my time. See, it also gives me problems if I don't eat enough. Which is often why I feel even more miserable when ill because I find that I have problems eating if I'm in a lot of pain.

Then again, I'm also more than willing to blame Subway instead of my blood sugar ...

Have you thought of doing the Overland train? It has a dodgy schedule so it probably won't help, but it's worth a try. I know they put on extra carriages/services at grand final time ...

Not going to work. I'd have to take Thursday and Friday AND monday off work. I really wanted to do this in a day, or at wost come come home Sunday. I might give it a miss.

Not going to work. I'd have to take Thursday and Friday AND monday off work. I really wanted to do this in a day, or at wost come come home Sunday. I might give it a miss.

Oh, lame. God, that train has a shit schedule. You can tell Great Southern Railway doesn't actually want to run it and doesn't even try to provide a good service. They're only doing it because they have to; the government enforces whoever holds the franchise to the Indian Pacific and the Ghan to run the Overland too.

Guys don't you hate it when one of your favourite singers organises a pickup football/soccer game and you're in the wrong country?

Oh yes, it's all your fault. Bastard. :lol:

Nah, I think it just has to do with yesterday, my time. See, it also gives me problems if I don't eat enough. Which is often why I feel even more miserable when ill because I find that I have problems eating if I'm in a lot of pain.

Then again, I'm also more than willing to blame Subway instead of my blood sugar ...

Lame. :down:

But Subway's gooood. I could totally go for some of that for lunch right now. Anything other than having to bother doing it myself.

Oh, lame. God, that train has a shit schedule. You can tell Great Southern Railway doesn't actually want to run it and doesn't even try to provide a good service. They're only doing it because they have to; the government enforces whoever holds the franchise to the Indian Pacific and the Ghan to run the Overland too.

I'd probably need Tuesday off to recover from travel too :wink:

If it was a grand final, I'd do it. But then of course its only a 2 hour drive to the MCG.

I'll consider forking out on flights. But If we do make the Grand Final, I ain't gonna be able to afford tickets :lol:

I'd probably need Tuesday off to recover from travel too :wink:

If it was a grand final, I'd do it. But then of course its only a 2 hour drive to the MCG.

I'll consider forking out on flights. But If we do make the Grand Final, I ain't gonna be able to afford tickets :lol:

:lol:

You sure you want to go to the grand final just to see the Pies get wasted by the Cats? Have the memories of what the Lions did in 2003 worn off a bit now or something? :wink:

Lame. :down:

But Subway's gooood. I could totally go for some of that for lunch right now. Anything other than having to bother doing it myself.
Subway is gooooood. We went there for lunch today and I got the oven roasted chicken breast. :drool:
I used to eat there pretty regularly. Though I've not been too keen on their lettuce or tomatoes since last year when I got a Turkey Breast sub with lettuce, tomato and bacon and the lettuce and tomato were awful. :down:

:lol:

You sure you want to go to the grand final just to see the Pies get wasted by the Cats? Have the memories of what the Lions did in 2003 worn off a bit now or something? :wink:

Nah Ah. Geelong have an average loosing margin of 86 Points this season. They lost only one game. and who was that lost too? COLLINGWOOD!

I'm fairly confident we'll get done by Adelaide this week, or I think if we win, we'll play Geelong/St.Kilda (whoever looses that final)

The same was said about the pies last year, we beat Sydney in the first week, beat west coast in extra time over in perth and lost to Geelong by 5 points in the Preliminary Final. So Don't write the maggies off yet.

Put your life at risk and try Qantas?

I literally laughed out loud last night when the news reported some QANTAS flight to the UK had to divert to Germany or something along those lines. It's becoming a regular fixture in the news now. The finance, the sport, the weather, and the latest QANTAS problem.

I literally laughed out loud last night when the news reported some QANTAS flight to the UK had to divert to Germany or something along those lines. It's becoming a regular fixture in the news now. The finance, the sport, the weather, and the latest QANTAS problem.

:lmao:

Subway is gooooood. We went there for lunch today and I got the oven roasted chicken breast. :drool:
I used to eat there pretty regularly. Though I've not been too keen on their lettuce or tomatoes since last year when I got a Turkey Breast sub with lettuce, tomato and bacon and the lettuce and tomato were awful. :down:

The last time I had Subway was back in April before Porcupine Tree rocked Brisbane. Haven't really had much fast food at all since, just Hungry Jack's (which you'd know as Burger King) when out railfanning with FAR, since it's the cheapest and quickest option between trains.

Nah Ah. Geelong have an average loosing margin of 86 Points this season. They lost only one game. and who was that lost too? COLLINGWOOD!

I'm fairly confident we'll get done by Adelaide this week, or I think if we win, we'll play Geelong/St.Kilda (whoever looses that final)

The same was said about the pies last year, we beat Sydney in the first week, beat west coast in extra time over in perth and lost to Geelong by 5 points in the Preliminary Final. So Don't write the maggies off yet.

I'm not writing off your Magpies, but as you yourself note - the Catters beat you when it counted last year!

And whoever loses out of Geelong/St Kilda? We all know who that will be. :lol:

See you later. :wave:

The last time I had Subway was back in April before Porcupine Tree rocked Brisbane. Haven't really had much fast food at all since, just Hungry Jack's (which you'd know as Burger King) when out railfanning with FAR, since it's the cheapest and quickest option between trains.

Heh. Hungry Jack is a brand of waffle/pancake syrup and pancakes here! Quite good if I do say so myself.
As for Burger King? Lame. :down: I never did like their food. Even their fries suck. I honestly would take McDonald's over that if I had to choose. :lol:

Heh. Hungry Jack is a brand of waffle/pancake syrup and pancakes here! Quite good if I do say so myself.
As for Burger King? Lame. :down: I never did like their food. Even their fries suck. I honestly would take McDonald's over that if I had to choose. :lol:
Hungry Jack make deliciously flaky biscuits too. Though biscuits are, in general, a southern thing.

McDonald's has the best fries :drool:

Hungry Jack make deliciously flaky biscuits too. Though biscuits are, in general, a southern thing.

Ah, didn't know that. I don't do the Southern thing.

Yes they do. Though you can use the box they come in as a salt shaker all their own!

I understand the Burger King name was already copywritten when they came to Australia. Fucked if I know why they chose Hungry Jack's as a name, though. I have a tendency to call it Burger King anyway, since that's what it is in New Zealand. I'd say that in Australia, it's the second best fast food location. Subway wins by a mile, KFC and Red Rooster are both over-priced, and McDonald's in Melbourne is quite substantially worse - Macca's chips are pretty much inedible, while Burger King usually aren't too bad, for instance. I've noticed the disparity in Queensland isn't nearly as bad.

Hah, you won't be saying that in Melbourne! Could chips get any more limp? I think not.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Macca's down in St Kilda didn't do bad chips, it's only the inner city ones ...

I understand the Burger King name was already copywritten when they came to Australia. Fucked if I know why they chose Hungry Jack's as a name, though. I have a tendency to call it Burger King anyway, since that's what it is in New Zealand. I'd say that in Australia, it's the second best fast food location. Subway wins by a mile, KFC and Red Rooster are both over-priced, and McDonald's in Melbourne is quite substantially worse - Macca's chips are pretty much inedible, while Burger King usually aren't too bad, for instance. I've noticed the disparity in Queensland isn't nearly as bad.
The things that make you wonder!
Both KFC and Lee's are overpriced for what they are here, too. Then again, most poultry tends to be. Which sucks since poultry is basically the only meat I eat on a regular basis.
Subway is definitely my favourite of the bunch, though the bad lettuce and tomatoes I had that one time made me so paranoid that today was the first time I've had lettuce and tomato from there since then even though I've been back there maybe 6 times since that.

I have to say that the best fries have to be from Hardee's. But I dunno if you guys have that down there.

:lol: I like them soft and greasy!

I prefer my chips to be, you know, chips rather than reminiscent of mashed potatoes! :laugh:

And this conversation is really tempting me to walk up the road to Red Rooster for lunch ... but that would be obscenely unhealthy, not to mention overpriced. And I'll be buying lunch at uni twice this week anyway, so I better save my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom