Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this Patti Smith song....don't U2 have a song by the same name? I've only heard it once so I can't remember how it goes, is it the same song?

Is this YLB's retro list or alternate DI list?

Fity, fity... bot'.

Cool tidbit about the Retro list though, my old guitar teacher is the lead guitarist for A Flock of Seagulls. They tour pretty frequently, but the only remaining member from the '80s band is the lead singer.

I like this Patti Smith song....don't U2 have a song by the same name? I've only heard it once so I can't remember how it goes, is it the same song?

Yep, it was a b-side for one of the Rattle and Hum singles.

Very cool. :up:

Indeed. He's a hell of a nice guy, we'd sit and talk about movies and music and stuff in-between tabbing out songs. I lost interest in taking lessons, but still loved going over and chillin' with him.

Indeed. He's a hell of a nice guy, we'd sit and talk about movies and music and stuff in-between tabbing out songs. I lost interest in taking lessons, but still loved going over and chillin' with him.

Sounds awesome.

I got tired of guitar after a few months of lessons myself. Ended up picking it back up later on my own, but the lessons were frustrating.

Up to them now actually. The guitar was always the most prominent part of their sound, anyway (well, ok, so was the synth).

Going from Since You're Gone to Video Killed The Radio Star to Once In A Lifetime, and now here, has been flawless, and all great songs, too.

I like hearing things like that about people. Shows they're genuinely passionate about music, rather than the whole fame aspect.

There was a hard rock band here in the 80's - 90's (Helix - I doubt they'd be known in the US, but they achieved a measure of fame in Canada), where the lead vocalist was also a vocal teacher, even at the height of their "fame." He always struck me as an asshat, till I heard that.

I like hearing things like that about people. Shows they're genuinely passionate about music, rather than the whole fame aspect.

There was a hard rock band here in the 80's - 90's (Helix - I doubt they'd be known in the US, but they achieved a measure of fame in Canada), where the lead vocalist was also a vocal teacher, even at the height of their "fame." He always struck me as an asshat, till I heard that.

Oh most definitely. The stories he'd tell about touring and "tensions within the band" would rival some of Spinal Tap's stories, actually.

The best part about Mute Math: their lead singer sounds like a young Sting, but without his head up his ass.

The best part about Mute Math: their lead singer sounds like a young Sting, but without his head up his ass.

I was just about to say that. It's awesome.

It's not something I'm particular proud of, but I find the Police dreadfully boring. :yawn: Sting solo is even worse.

God I love that Cars song, which I'd remembered it for my list, but i don't care overtly much for The Politics of Dancing...still this is going well LMP

I was just about to say that. It's awesome.

It's not something I'm particular proud of, but I find the Police dreadfully boring. :yawn: Sting solo is even worse.

I like The Police, but like you, find most of Sting's solo work dull.

I can't stand The Politics Of Dancing. Never have.

Never liked Relax, either, but it is undoubtedly an 80's staple.

And this version of Rock Me Amadeus isn't as good as the one on Ashley's list.

They certainly flow well together though.

Up to Rapture. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom