Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMP, I don't think I've EVER seen you post that particular smiley...I don't know whether to smile or be horrified

Haha, I've used it in jest before, like I'm doing now.

When I get supercereal, you'll know.

China into Pump It Up didn't work very well. Don't know if it was the difference in volume, or the delayed start to Pump It Up (it didn't kick in for a few seconds, which is weird), but it wasn't great flow there.

This Men At Work track is ok, nothing special. The sound quality is awful, though. And then it ended with 20 seconds still remaining, so something was clearly wrong there.

Love Peter Gabriel, and while he's really not new wave, this song could be considered a crossover.

Also low volume, though.

We tend to have some more listeners for DI, but it's mostly the players who vote.

However, since we usually have 20 participants in DI, we have more votes to play with.

Ah.

I'm sorry to say that with the exception of the most recent DI, I haven't really paid that much attention to them. I've since looked them over on your site, and I wish I had now, and I will in the future.

Ah.

I'm sorry to say that with the exception of the most recent DI, I haven't really paid that much attention to them. I've since looked them over on your site, and I wish I had now, and I will in the future.

That is awesome. Maybe next time around there will be a separate chat thread for running diaries and shit. I know I've brought it up about a hundred times by now.

China into Pump It Up didn't work very well. Don't know if it was the difference in volume, or the delayed start to Pump It Up (it didn't kick in for a few seconds, which is weird), but it wasn't great flow there.

This Men At Work track is ok, nothing special. The sound quality is awful, though. And then it ended with 20 seconds still remaining, so something was clearly wrong there.

Love Peter Gabriel, and while he's really not new wave, this song could be considered a crossover.

Also low volume, though.

I don't know what happened to the Men At Work song :huh: Pump It Up either :eyebrow:

I already warned as many people as I could that my copy of just Like Heaven is screwed up and it would be best to use your own if you had it...but I never noticed anything wrong with those songs....

I know people around this site, friends, who would probably be interested in following the competition, and voting, but I'm reluctant to point it out to them, because since they're friends, they'd probably vote for me in a biased manner, and I really don't want that to happen. So, I haven't really said anything.

That is awesome. Maybe next time around there will be a separate chat thread for running diaries and shit. I know I've brought it up about a hundred times by now.

It will be good for DI, when we have 20 people listening to 20 playlists, plus any willing outsiders. That's at least 400 listens, and if even a few people do the running diaries, it will serve its purpose.

It will be good for DI, when we have 20 people listening to 20 playlists, plus any willing outsiders. That's at least 400 listens, and if even a few people do the running diaries, it will serve its purpose.

Maybe we could do collaborative listens to one playlist at-a-time or something, that would be cool.

Rio was next. Great song.

Ending with Dance Hall Days was a bit strange, although it's a decent song.

All in all, very good job. You obviously had a ton of great songs, but the transitions were rough at times. But you seem to improve in this area each time out, so can't wait to see what you come up with for DI5.

I know people around this site, friends, who would probably be interested in following the competition, and voting, but I'm reluctant to point it out to them, because since they're friends, they'd probably vote for me in a biased manner, and I really don't want that to happen. So, I haven't really said anything.

Bias? That's never happened before...

It's gonna happen regardless, but it evens out in the end, I think.

I agree. I didn't think Retro Island was big enough to warrant a separate thread, but we should definitely try it out for DI5.

I love the running diary chat thread idea. Perhaps we could incorporate the reviews into our blogs somehow also.

Bias? That's never happened before...

It's gonna happen regardless, but it evens out in the end, I think.

Ha. Yeah, I know, kind of hard to get away from. It just seems wrong somehow to bring people into it who wouldn't ordinarily vote, you know?

I did point out the competition to one person on here, just because I know she's a big fan of the genre, and I thought she would enjoy it.

Even my daughter wants to vote, just because she's a fan, but even she's reluctant to, because people would be saying "who the hell is that?"

Hey thanks Phanan, I hate how my list sorta falls apart towards the end, but my transition abilities only go so far atm. :sigh: I'm really pissed off that the sound quality of those last few songs is probably what's going to do me in.

Hey Phanan what do you think about this Magic Tour EP? I kinda want it...just to donate to the Danny Fund, but...I don't really care for the songs on their, and I'll probably never watch the videos. But I do wanna hear Turn! Turn! Turn!

Ha. Yeah, I know, kind of hard to get away from. It just seems wrong somehow to bring people into it who wouldn't ordinarily vote, you know?

I did point out the competition to one person, just because I know she's a big fan of the genre.

My daughter wants to vote, just because she's a fan, but even she's reluctant to, because people would be saying "who the hell is that?"

I know what you mean. Also, with the new visible voting stuff, that kind of stuff will be more evident, too.

In the end, it's a game, so it shouldn't be taken too harshly.

I still haven't listened to LMPs or VPs :uhoh: got a little sidetracked with album listening...I'm dling LMP's right now,

Cool. My list's probably the most mainstream after Nam's, but I still got a kick out of it. It's in the middle-of-the-pack after listening to all of the lists, I think.

Gotta love the 1-2 punch of The Ramones and The Clash at the beginning, although I don't consider Janie Jones to be a great track, just ok.

And into Pump It Up was great.

Hey thanks Phanan, I hate how my list sorta falls apart towards the end, but my transition abilities only go so far atm. :sigh: I'm really pissed off that the sound quality of those last few songs is probably what's going to do me in.

Transition is the same as flow*, right? I can't decide if mine is sucky or decent. I sadly have no ear for it.

*WTF?

Hey Phanan what do you think about this Magic Tour EP? I kinda want it...just to donate to the Danny Fund, but...I don't really care for the songs on their, and I'll probably never watch the videos. But I do wanna hear Turn! Turn! Turn!

It's worth it for The Ghost Of Tom Joad alone. To hear Morello shred that song in excellent quality is just :drool:

Transition is the same as flow*, right? I can't decide if mine is sucky or decent. I sadly have no ear for it.

*WTF?

Indeed. I also enter another word into the "WTF?" arena: Soundscapes**.

**FUCK THAT SHIT.

Awesome, El-Mel. My lists are popular today, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom