Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Catholic. I believe in God and Jesus and all, but not in organized religion. As soon as I leave for college, that's it for me and church.

Yeah, when I believed, I couldn't handle organised religion. Kate's church scared the shit out of me. I mean, if you can tell that I am visibly pale, you know something's wrong.

Right now, I'm just procrastinatory. I have an entry I want to make, have been wanting to make for about five days now, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Got to upload photos and stuff first. And then there's one I've been meaning to make for over a month that'll be damn hard to write and who knows when/if it will happen.

My blog's pretty much my outlet for my thoughts on everything. And I'm a serious bastard too, so it's never a recount of my day or anything like that, but my thoughts on music and politics and theology and what's happening in the world. And my over-excitedness about the rugby and cricket.

I suspect approximately zero people read the series, but I'm proud of it and think it's one of the best things I've written!
Yeah, that was my problem. I kept having entries I wanted to make but then I'd never get around to making them and things like that. Procrastination for the win. (Btw, I still haven't gotten up for food. :laugh:)

I don't really do recounts of my day so much as if someone pisses me off, I just bitch about them, or if I'm feeling particularly low, I can review it and maybe see what had me like that and fix it. Or I post occasional pics of Bono wearing blue shades. (Don't ask, I'm not even really sure, but I love his blue sunglasses. :lol:) Or I go on weird rambles about movies I'm excited for/have seen, or video games I've played, like where I am at in the present moment or other things. I also use it to post any kind of hiatus thing (like when my PC decided to die on me) so people don't wonder were I've buggered off to. Other than that? My journal is mostly for communities and posting my icons to my icon community and stuff like that. It's just a way of keeping track of myself in one, (dis)organized place!

Where is it at? I might take a look at later.

Yeah, that was my problem. I kept having entries I wanted to make but then I'd never get around to making them and things like that. Procrastination for the win. (Btw, I still haven't gotten up for food. :laugh:)

I don't really do recounts of my day so much as if someone pisses me off, I just bitch about them, or if I'm feeling particularly low, I can review it and maybe see what had me like that and fix it. Or I post occasional pics of Bono wearing blue shades. (Don't ask, I'm not even really sure, but I love his blue sunglasses. :lol:) Or I go on weird rambles about movies I'm excited for/have seen, or video games I've played, like where I am at in the present moment or other things. I also use it to post any kind of hiatus thing (like when my PC decided to die on me) so people don't wonder were I've buggered off to.l Other than that? My journal is mostly for communities and posting my icons to my icon community and stuff like that. It's just a way of keeping track of myself in one, (dis)organized place!

Where is it at? I might take a look at later.

Ah, sweet procrastination. Maybe I'll upload a couple of the photos soon, though. It's not as if my entry's going to be much more than the photos anyway. I just want to bitch about something in this city that makes me sad.

Ah, right. Yeah, some of my uses are similar to that, like you can guarantee if I'm feeling like shit I'll make a rare friends-locked entry, and books and music and concerts get reviewed in various ways. Might review some wine soon, even. I've also been known to use it as a place for setlist thoughts now and then. It is, if nothing else, absolute proof that I am a nerd. Nerdy Nerd Nerd-Nerd McNerd.

Contradiction is balance. - three of the latest four entries, the "Bringing New Zealand Back on Track" series. Really, the one big problem with it is that even if somebody who isn't into railways cared to read it, they'd probably quickly get put off because I suspect you'd need a good grasp of New Zealand's geography to avoid being thoroughly lost. I suggest starting with the end of my entry on 24/06, as I sarcastically introduce the series, then the series itself is 27/06, 28/06, and 09/07. Feel free to add me to your friends list too, if you'd like. :)

I'm happy listening to the Foo and waiting for you guys, so whatever.

I'm listening to U2. :ohmy:

Then again, The Unforgettable Fire still is my favourite album by anybody, ever.

I'm listening to U2. :ohmy:

Then again, The Unforgettable Fire still is my favourite album by anybody, ever.
I've got In Your Hono(u)r on right now. One By One is my fave, if only cause I've had it the longest.

I have a wicked instrumental of TUF (song) that I love.

The Unforgettable Fire ... so much potential that had. Imagine if they'd used some of those B-sides....

The Unforgettable Fire ... so much potential that had. Imagine if they'd used some of those B-sides....
I wanted to put together that playlist Ax posted for Ashley, but I don't have most of those songs.

Ah, sweet procrastination. Maybe I'll upload a couple of the photos soon, though. It's not as if my entry's going to be much more than the photos anyway. I just want to bitch about something in this city that makes me sad.

Ah, right. Yeah, some of my uses are similar to that, like you can guarantee if I'm feeling like shit I'll make a rare friends-locked entry, and books and music and concerts get reviewed in various ways. Might review some wine soon, even. I've also been known to use it as a place for setlist thoughts now and then. It is, if nothing else, absolute proof that I am a nerd. Nerdy Nerd Nerd-Nerd McNerd.

Contradiction is balance. - three of the latest four entries, the "Bringing New Zealand Back on Track" series. Really, the one big problem with it is that even if somebody who isn't into railways cared to read it, they'd probably quickly get put off because I suspect you'd need a good grasp of New Zealand's geography to avoid being thoroughly lost. I suggest starting with the end of my entry on 24/06, as I sarcastically introduce the series, then the series itself is 27/06, 28/06, and 09/07. Feel free to add me to your friends list too, if you'd like. :)
Aww, what is it about the city that makes you sad? If you wanna bitch about it now, anyway. :lol: If not, I can totally sit tight for the journal entry.

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I end up doing, sometimes I'll just make a private rant if I certainly don't feel like annoying anyone on the f-list! Nerds are cool though. I'm a nerd and proud.:hyper:

Thanks! I'll check this out sometime, even if I do end up totally lost since I know literally nothing about New Zealand except the name of the country. Seriously. I added you. :)

Yeah. I mean, the whole album as it is blows me away. Like I say, it's my favourite, full stop. The entire experience of it does something for me that no album does, and has consistently for years. No matter how jaded I am with U2, the opening notes of ASOH remind me why I have nearly 60,000 posts on a U2 fan forum.

But if it had the b-sides ... oh god. Bass Trap, The Three Sunrises, Boomerang II - it would be in another league altogether.

I wanted to put together that playlist Ax posted for Ashley, but I don't have most of those songs.

I'll help you out there. :wink:

I have Bass Trap and The Three Sunrises, but Boomerang? Never even heard of it.

And now boys and girls, I need to listen to the last three Retro playlists before the rounds continue tonight.

So yes, I'm about to spam the thread with my playlist ramblings.

bono_212 is up first.

Hey BoMac and welcome back, Pahana. :wave:

Ah, more running diaries? Fun. :up:

Will have some of my own in the coming days, I suspect, for DI V lists.

Shit, was I already supposed to put in my entry for DI V? When are they due? *panicking*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom