Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball gets a pass from me because of its history and cultural status.

I love basketball.

However, I can't get into ice hockey, and American Shitball is shit.

:love: :love:

Baseball, American pansyball, and NASCAR all incur my wrath. No problem with nor fondness for basketball. Ice hockey looks like a decent sport.

Though I'm sure I can find common ground with even the most fanatical baseball fan when I say that the biggest bullshit "sport" out there is synchronised swimming.
OH. OH. OHHH. I can't STAND NASCAR! Tell me what you think about NASCAR. Pretty please?
N(on) A(thletic) S(port) C(entered) A(round) R(ednecks)
:love:

Last edited:
Rugby is badass. No helmets, longer field, screwier rules :up:

I've tried to understand cricket. Really, I have. But they don't show it on TV here, so reading about it kinda makes me :crazy:

You win too. :up:

Hah, yeah, that's fair. Cricket is like another language sometimes. I mean, try this sentence: "the night watchman was dismissed leg before wicket for a duck early on the third day by a fantastic in-swinging yorker." I am sure it seems to be pure gibberish to you. I think I'd need to write an entire paragraph or four to try to explain it in layman's terms too.

Baseball gets a pass from me because of its history and cultural status.

I love basketball.

However, I can't get into ice hockey, and American Shitball is shit.

I can dig basketball when the Tall Blacks are doing well. :lol:

I would prefer to watch grass grow than watch American pansyball. IT GOES FASTER.

You win too. :up:

Hah, yeah, that's fair. Cricket is like another language sometimes. I mean, try this sentence: "the night watchman was dismissed leg before wicket for a duck early on the third day by a fantastic in-swinging yorker." I am sure it seems to be pure gibberish to you. I think I'd need to write an entire paragraph or four to try to explain it in layman's terms too.

This would actually be useful for me, too.

I briefly understood it for a while a year or two ago, but that knowledge was replaced with some insignificant moment in classical Argive history, I imagine.

Axver, from an American sports fan that actually televised soccer, rugby, cricket and AFL for domestic channels:

Soccer - Not my cup of tea but will still tune in to World Cup or Euro Cup or Champions League.

Rugby - Boring as fuck.

Cricket - I wish I better understood all of the rules, but I do enjoy it.

AFL - The best of the bunch. Very entertaining.

And that's today's post from The Bronx, kids. :)

Oh, and hello Bonnie.

OH. OH. OHHH. I can't STAND NASCAR! Tell me what you think about NASCAR. Pretty please?
N(on) A(thetlic) S(port) C(centered) A(round) R(ednecks)
:love:

:laugh:

NASCAR is just the bastard child of car racing and has no place in sport. LET'S SEE HOW MANY TIMES WE CAN TURN LEFT!!!!1!1!!11 Seriously, fuck off. Any sport centred around driving around a fucking OVAL for 300 laps or whatever is just moronic. At least make the track interesting so that there's a genuine challenge.

Here, we have the Bathurst 1000. 1,000 km, 161 laps, up and down Mount Panorama. The track winds its way across the top of the mountain. It's a genuine endurance test in an interesting setting, not just cars going around and around and around mundanely, and I can get into that. NASCAR, on the other hand, makes me want to shoot myself.

American pansyball. :lol:
Exactly what sport is that?
I'm guessing American Football. I was calling it Retardball, but I like Pansyball better. You know, like the Raiders and the...49ers and...*can't think of any other teams outside of the East Bay* Big stupid helmets, big stupid players, really retarded rules, dancing referees.

To me football is football, the sport Beckham is getting paid to suck at. Real Madrid, Arsenal, Man U. That's football.

American pansyball. :lol:
Exactly what sport is that?

Gridiron/American football. God I hate that. Way to fucking RUIN rugby, guys. I mean, if you need to play with a motorbike helmet and twenty pillows strapped to your body, just check yourself into a hospital now.

Axver, from an American sports fan that actually televised soccer, rugby, cricket and AFL for domestic channels:

Soccer - Not my cup of tea but will still tune in to World Cup or Euro Cup or Champions League.

Rugby - Boring as fuck.

Cricket - I wish I better understood all of the rules, but I do enjoy it.

AFL - The best of the bunch. Very entertaining.

And that's today's post from The Bronx, kids. :)

Oh, and hello Bonnie.

Hey Mike. :wave:

I enjoyed reading your opinions... thoroughly.

NASCAR is just the bastard child of car racing and has no place in sport. LET'S SEE HOW MANY TIMES WE CAN TURN LEFT!!!!1!1!!11 Seriously, fuck off. Any sport centred around driving around a fucking OVAL for 300 laps or whatever is just moronic. At least make the track interesting so that there's a genuine challenge.

Here, we have the Bathurst 1000. 1,000 km, 161 laps, up and down Mount Panorama. The track winds its way across the top of the mountain. It's a genuine endurance test in an interesting setting, not just cars going around and around and around mundanely, and I can get into that. NASCAR, on the other hand, makes me want to shoot myself.
Oh look! He just made a left turn! Oh look! He just made another left turn! Another left turn! *shoots self* :laugh:

I :heart: you. There is just no point to Nascar at all. Talk about a waste of fuel! It's so idiotic!

Hey Mike. :wave:

I enjoyed reading your opinions... thoroughly.

Ha.

I just did not have it in me to elaborate, sorry....brevity is the soul of wit, though, so there's that. :)

I'll not speak of American sports in the context of this conversation because it's pointless; I like what I like, and don't really care who else does or does not. I'll say this, though: Despite the myriad erroneous posts in here, everyone is correct about NASCAR. Just fucking awful.

the sport Beckham is getting paid to suck at.

YES. :laugh:

Personally, I call nothing football. I can fly four hours from Melbourne, and depending on which direction I choose and who I speak to when I get there, footy/football may mean soccer, rugby union, rugby league, or Aussie Rules. Then I could go to the US and it's another sport entirely, or Ireland and it's something different again. So I find the term too confusing to be of use.

Gridiron/American football. God I hate that. Way to fucking RUIN rugby, guys. I mean, if you need to play with a motorbike helmet and twenty pillows strapped to your body, just check yourself into a hospital now.
I hate sports seasons in America. Especially baseball season. There's never anything on the fucking telly when those are in full swing, except THOSE! Ugh!

My take:

Association Football: The be-all and end-all. The greatest game in the history of mankind.

AFL: I used to think it was better than soccer, but recent rule changes and the greed of the AFL have made me somewhat disillusioned. Along with, I guess, my QLD move.

Rugby League: Meh. It's OK sometimes, State of Origin is decent.

Rugby Union: I suppose if I knew the rules I'd like it.

Cricket: Summer staple. Beer on the hill at Adelaide Oval = peak of an Aussie summer.

Baseball: Wholesome American sport, can get boring most of the time though but it has a mystique and tradition about it I love.

Basketball: Sick sport, played it at high school.

American Football: Gay sport for shitcunts.

Motor Sport: LOL

I think it's time to turn on my iPod. I have God Part II stuck in my head.
Again. Maybe listening to it will make it go away already.

Hey NSW - you're a good chap. Yeah, I'm an intolerant arsehole about this. At least we can all come together and say a hearty "fuck NASCAR".

Andre, I forget....Rugby fan or not? If yes, oops, if no, smart lad. That stuff is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Rugby union is the pinnacle of sport.

Rugby league is shit for wimps.

Both piss on American football since, you know, they don't take four fucking hours or stop for a breather every 5 seconds.

NSW, whatever it stands for, may I just say:

Horrorshow moloko ad in your sig, brother.

Hey NSW - you're a good chap. Yeah, I'm an intolerant arsehole about this. At least we can all come together and say a hearty "fuck NASCAR".

I keep an open mind about international sports, like I try to keep an open mind about most things "foreign" to me....I really cannot comment until I've experienced things. So, I've watched enough Rugby, AFL, Cricket, etc, to pass some judgement, though at the end of the day, who cares what I think?

NASCAR is disturbing, in so many different ways. The races themselves, the culture behind it, the noise, the smell, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom