Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought I was one and not in the good way, either.
I haven't been here long enough (Or rather, been in this particular area of the board long enough) to know what the setlist parties are.

Oh, that was when the Tour forum was up. People would get together during a show night and post and someone would feed them the setlist as it progressed. I remember being a "source" for my show and giving Lila my dad's cell phone number by mistake instead of mine... so that was fun.

Hm, I'm not sure. I think you'd like this one a little bit more than the last one you massac... reviewed.

It's broken into 4 different segments: the first is dance/rap-based, the second is more electronica/prog-esque, the third is alt rock and a badass Sandler tune, the fourth is more folksy and the best closing section I think I've ever done.

Ah, right, sounds interesting then. I'll give it a spin, sure - and try not to be an arse when I do a running diary!

I need to give LM's a play sometime too ...

Ah, right, sounds interesting then. I'll give it a spin, sure - and try not to be an arse when I do a running diary!

And mine. :tsk:

I'm glad I got mine uploaded before Computer Explosion '08.

I haven't been here long enough (Or rather, been in this particular area of the board long enough) to know what the setlist parties are.
:giggle: setlist parties were something that occurred during the vertigo tour.

I changed my e-mail to it because my first e-mail address was my full name
oooh, it had your middle name too? :cute:

Haha, it's not a big deal anymore if you are or aren't, at least you're honest.

I'll email it to you then.

During the Vertigo Tour, we'd hold live setlist parties during each concert. Initially, somebody at the show would text the set to somebody on Interference. By the third leg, however, we introduced live audio feeds, where we'd call the mobile phone of somebody at the show via Skype and then set up a stream so that everyone could listen along. The sound quality was complete shit, like U2 playing at the other end of an underwater wind tunnel, but a good time was had by all.

I don't even know why I chose Axver on the first messageboard I posted on, but I did, then I changed my e-mail to it because my first e-mail address was my full name, and the rest is history. I also like how it's well-nicknamed! Besides the aforementioned Dr Dre, nobody could ever think of a good nickname based on André, but Axver's spawned Ax, Axy, Axxo, the 'Ver ...

I've always loved writing. It's part of why I'm becoming an academic - I first thought about journalism, since that's obviously writing-based, but so much journalism out there is just rubbish and I was quite disillusioned with it when one of my friends said "you know, André, you're smart and you like nerdy shit and you enjoy writing, so why not become an academic?" He didn't need to say it twice, that's for sure! And I wish I could draw well, but for the most part, I can't. Maps and diagrams, hell yes, I love doing those, but anything else? I'm useless unless you want some lack-of-talent lulz.
Mine came from my sis. I really liked the name a lot and I really can't stand my real name, so I started using it and tagged Vox onto it shortly after I got back into U2. Then I joined here and since you can't change your username, I grew really fond of it! So I just started using it everywhere.
:lol: The 'Ver. I like that one.

I think I'm better off with arts than I am writing. I'd considered going to college for some kind of art program but I never did to it because of college is here and all that stuff. Plus all the stress.
I can't draw maps or anything like that. I'm good at mostly anime, the random video game thing or something like that. I pretty much fail at drawing real people. I'll have to show you a drawing of mine some time. I'd just use my webcam to take a pic of one since I don't have a scanner (which is such a pain!) but it wouldn't show up very well.

Only if I can drag myself off the thread long enough to make it!

Which I think I'll do now ...

That was the problem I had this morning. I eventually ran downstairs, grabbed my breakfast and had it right here while I kept up with the thread. :lol:

ahh, i see. i ended up being sort of a text source anyway, as i was texting queen bee the song titles and i remember her and dr. dré were talking about how bad they felt for me for getting such a shitty encore.

Beggars can't be choosers, so I still enjoyed it. HOWEVUH, I wanted to hear the "Mama, mama, mama!" to start the encore very badly.

What sucks more is that the shows before and after us got it. Balls.

Shame on me, I know.
I've been a U2 fan since I was a kid, on and off, mostly. Had bouts where I listened to them a lot and ones where I wouldn't listen to them at all. The Vertigo era was one such era where I couldn't listen to them much 'cause I'd see the video for Sometimes too damn much and I was going through the loss of a family member that year. :sad: So I kinda tuned out of them to other things. Then I got back into them when they played at the Superdome with Green Day and the rest is history. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom