Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's been nice, but it's quitting time.

See some of you in 7 hours, :lol:

Bye :wave:

:lol: My name's difficult! Just like me! :D
I like Axxo! Where'd Axver come from anyway? If you don't mind me asking.
:laugh: Dr Dré.

Nah, no reason to be now. You're one of my favourite people on here now. :love:

Axver is the last name of a fictional family I created when I was writing this action-adventure story when I was about 7-8. One character in particular, Amak Axver, was an idealised version of myself. As for how I came up with that last name, I'm not 100% sure. The story itself was inspired by reading a book called The Far Distant Oxus, and the Axix River in my story is a corruption of the River Oxus's name. I suspect I in turn made up Axver as a corruption of Axix but I'm not sure.

And awww, thanks. :hug: You're damn cool yourself and I'm glad we've sucked another awesome postwhore into this madhouse.

Axver is the last name of a fictional family I created when I was writing this action-adventure story when I was about 7-8. One character in particular, Amak Axver, was an idealised version of myself. As for how I came up with that last name, I'm not 100% sure. The story itself was inspired by reading a book called The Far Distant Oxus, and the Axix River in my story is a corruption of the River Oxus's name. I suspect I in turn made up Axver as a corruption of Axix but I'm not sure.

And awww, thanks. :hug: You're damn cool yourself and I'm glad we've sucked another awesome postwhore into this madhouse.
How cool! Do you still write?
Original name by the way, I love it. :)

:hug: Aww, thanks! It's definitely great to be here!

I want to be called Hiphopopotamus. It's my rapping name.

Yeah, They call me the hiphop-potamus
My lyrics are bottomless...

Fuck, I love Adam Sandler's "The Goat Song." It's epic, romantic, beautiful, and transcendent... all at the same time.

Yeah, They call me the hiphop-potamus
My lyrics are bottomless...

Fuck, I love Adam Sandler's "The Goat Song." It's epic, romantic, beautiful, and transcendent... all at the same time.

Knock it off. Also, you can't be in the crew. You don't do anything.

How cool! Do you still write?
Original name by the way, I love it. :)

:hug: Aww, thanks! It's definitely great to be here!

Yeah, I still write, though I don't use the Axvers any more. Firstly because I've moved on from the story they feature in, but if I ever do return to it, I'd want to re-use them in that plot, so I won't appropriate them for another plot. Secondly because I've really come to associate the Axver name with myself nowadays. I use it as an online last name of convenience as well as my screen name everywhere.

Now it's just time to watch you rise up the Superthread stats spreadsheet. :wink:

Yeah, I still write, though I don't use the Axvers any more. Firstly because I've moved on from the story they feature in, but if I ever do return to it, I'd want to re-use them in that plot, so I won't appropriate them for another plot. Secondly because I've really come to associate the Axver name with myself nowadays. I use it as an online last name of convenience as well as my screen name everywhere.

Now it's just time to watch you rise up the Superthread stats spreadsheet. :wink:
It's a good thing that you don't have a million different screen names for everything! I've finally settled on this one and it's pretty much my screen name everywhere, now.

I love writing. Mind you, you wouldn't know it when I was in school as I hated it back then. All my teachers complained my handwriting was chicken scratch! So any time we had to write like, little fictional stories or something, I'd always really get into that but then I'd get hounded about my handwriting. I'm told most left handed people have bad handwriting anyway. And I've heard the same of artists. Since I draw (and not to be conceited, but I think I do a damn good anime drawing.), I fit both of those bills. :lol:
But on the topic of actual writing, whether it's typed or whatnot, I love to do it. My brain is just more artistically inclined rather than on the writing end of things.

:hyper: It's gonna be a fun trip!

*Pelvic thrusts*

That killed the thread for a good 5 minutes, didn't it?

Ah, so the DI 5 and 1/2 list is out and about, if any of you want an early listen. I know Ax is dying to do another running diary, right?

Woah, it's suddenly gone quiet.

Time for me to make lunch, I suppose. I'm experimenting with something new and hopefully easy.

Hey Khan, could you please add a poll to this thread?

http://forum.interference.com/f293/nc-17-films-188100.html#post5293650

Here's the question and options:

Does seeing that a film is rated NC-17 affect whether you’ll watch it?

a. Yes, it may be too graphic for my liking.
b. No, its rating may mean it is better.
c. Yes, my impressions of films of that rating aren’t good.
d. No, I don’t pay attention to the rating systems.

Thanks. :)

Ah, so the DI 5 and 1/2 list is out and about, if any of you want an early listen. I know Ax is dying to do another running diary, right?

Hah, is this one I think you mentioned in the past that I'd absolutely hate?

Hah, is this one I think you mentioned in the past that I'd absolutely hate?

Hm, I'm not sure. I think you'd like this one a little bit more than the last one you massac... reviewed.

It's broken into 4 different segments: the first is dance/rap-based, the second is more electronica/prog-esque, the third is alt rock and a badass Sandler tune, the fourth is more folksy and the best closing section I think I've ever done.

I remember thinking that I used to be one when I first joined the forum. I started to get to know people during the setlist parties, then I started posting here more often.
I've always thought I was one and not in the good way, either.
I haven't been here long enough (Or rather, been in this particular area of the board long enough) to know what the setlist parties are.

It's a good thing that you don't have a million different screen names for everything! I've finally settled on this one and it's pretty much my screen name everywhere, now.

I love writing. Mind you, you wouldn't know it when I was in school as I hated it back then. All my teachers complained my handwriting was chicken scratch! So any time we had to write like, little fictional stories or something, I'd always really get into that but then I'd get hounded about my handwriting. I'm told most left handed people have bad handwriting anyway. And I've heard the same of artists. Since I draw (and not to be conceited, but I think I do a damn good anime drawing.), I fit both of those bills. :lol:
But on the topic of actual writing, whether it's typed or whatnot, I love to do it. My brain is just more artistically inclined rather than on the writing end of things.

:hyper: It's gonna be a fun trip!

I don't even know why I chose Axver on the first messageboard I posted on, but I did, then I changed my e-mail to it because my first e-mail address was my full name, and the rest is history. I also like how it's well-nicknamed! Besides the aforementioned Dr Dre, nobody could ever think of a good nickname based on André, but Axver's spawned Ax, Axy, Axxo, the 'Ver ...

I've always loved writing. It's part of why I'm becoming an academic - I first thought about journalism, since that's obviously writing-based, but so much journalism out there is just rubbish and I was quite disillusioned with it when one of my friends said "you know, André, you're smart and you like nerdy shit and you enjoy writing, so why not become an academic?" He didn't need to say it twice, that's for sure! And I wish I could draw well, but for the most part, I can't. Maps and diagrams, hell yes, I love doing those, but anything else? I'm useless unless you want some lack-of-talent lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom