Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Your name doesn't nicknamerise too well. Sezza or Serro, maybe? Don't worry, my name doesn't nickname well either. My Aussie friends tried to find a nickname for me all through high school, but Azza was already taken by Aaron and Andrazza just sounds ridiculous. Though Bonnie turned Axver into Axxo here on the threads and I love that. Oh yeah, and my friend's father called me Dr Dre, then I made the mistake of telling Khan that ...

I'm glad you aren't intimidated now! A few folk have said that before they knew me, they found me intimidating on EYKIW. I don't mean to be! I just like my setlist data and shit. :lol:
i love my nickname :love: timothius did the same thing. he was like "people call me tim, timo, timothy, but just don't call me tim tam" so i was like "hey tim tam!"

Hmm. Your name doesn't nicknamerise too well. Sezza or Serro, maybe? Don't worry, my name doesn't nickname well either. My Aussie friends tried to find a nickname for me all through high school, but Azza was already taken by Aaron and Andrazza just sounds ridiculous. Though Bonnie turned Axver into Axxo here on the threads and I love that. Oh yeah, and my friend's father called me Dr Dre, then I made the mistake of telling Khan that ...

I'm glad you aren't intimidated now! A few folk have said that before they knew me, they found me intimidating on EYKIW. I don't mean to be! I just like my setlist data and shit. :lol:
:lol: My name's difficult! Just like me! :D
I like Axxo! Where'd Axver come from anyway? If you don't mind me asking.
:laugh: Dr Dré.

Nah, no reason to be now. You're one of my favourite people on here now. :love:

NEW ZEALAND'S NORTH OF AUSTRALIA!!!!

Seriously got that from a Yank once. Took some time to convince him otherwise too.

New Zelland is the correct pronunciation, right?

Bret and Jemaine taught me... they also taught me how to rock the party.

it's been a long time since i've been drunk :mad:

I hope you realise none of us believe that. Nobody's been tired quite like that in history.

I can send you the chat transcript. You even passed out while singing TTTYAATW! :lol:

Holy shit, 10 pages already. :lol:
This is how it went this morning. 10 pages go by and I'm like, "Eh, fuck it. I'll stick around."

New Zelland is the correct pronunciation, right?

Bret and Jemaine taught me... they also taught me how to rock the party.

In a Kiwi accent, it's pretty much Niw Zulind. Well, I do think some of the 'a' of 'Zea' survives, but softly and more breathed. Ziuh-l'nd. Probably doesn't sound like it to foreign ears, though.

Hey Khan, I have two unrelated questions:

1. Are you as a mod allowed to add a poll to a thread? Like say I make a thread could you add a poll to it?

2. On Youtube they have these Depeche Mode videos like this one of "bare" versions. What are these from?

YouTube - Depeche Mode-Clean (bare)
1. sure am! there's even an option for us to do that on the new software :D

2. ooh, those are from the playing the angel cd. they were bonus tracks. i can't remember what sessions they're from, since it's older tracks. i don't know if they were recorded now or back during violator.

BUT IT'S NOT NORTH!!!

it's southeast. :D did they think of papua new guinea or something?

I have no idea. Either he confused it with New Guinea, or thought that because New Zealand's colder than Australia, it's GOT to be north. Because, you know, remembering there are different hemispheres is just too hard. I had to actually argue with him and convince him that, yes, as somebody who has lived in both countries and travels between them regularly, I think I know their relative geographic positions!

In a Kiwi accent, it's pretty much Niw Zulind. Well, I do think some of the 'a' of 'Zea' survives, but softly and more breathed. Ziuh-l'nd. Probably doesn't sound like it to foreign ears, though.

That's starting to look like Klingon to me, but I see what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom