Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #796
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
God, I feel like I've suddenly done so much thinking on this thread!

And Reggo, I got your e-mail. I'm trying to do a good response here rather than rushing one out. The thread being alive makes that a slower process.
I know, I know. Took me two hours to write it cause of a vibrant thread.
__________________

__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #797
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I know, I know. Took me two hours to write it cause of a vibrant thread.
That's what happened to me last night when we were exchanging emails. I kept getting sucked into the thread and kept forgetting to refresh the tab that I had my email in.
__________________

__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #798
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I love intelligent conversation and I tend to ramble a lot. Sorry about that!
Welcome to the club. I think my recent LiveJournal entries are proof in a big way of my tendency to ramble.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #799
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Welcome to the club. I think my recent LiveJournal entries are proof in a big way of my tendency to ramble.
I do lotsa rambling in my LiveJournal.
Haven't done so for about 3 entries now, though because I just haven't felt the urge to ramble, haven't had a lot to say, in the way of well, anything.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #800
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm an atheist now, but was Anglican, and that was kind of sweet with regards to the Protestant/Catholic thing, since being Anglican essentially means you've got a bet each way.
I've never been religious or considered myself a member of any religion.
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #801
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I do lotsa rambling in my LiveJournal.
Haven't done so for about 3 entries now, though because I just haven't felt the urge to ramble, haven't had a lot to say, in the way of well, anything.
My problem is that I've gotten out of the habit of regularly updating. Used to write a daily update, and didn't miss a day from late September 2003 to mid-April 2005. But now I'm well and truly out of practice. I'd like toi get back into the swing of things but the threads here aren't helping! Plus other factors have been at play.

In any case, it means when I do post, I often fly wildly past a limit I try to achieve of only writing 4-5 paragraphs.

And my latest stuff has been SO FUCKING NERDY, good god. Can I get any nerdier after this? A series of entries on revitalising New Zealand's railway network. FFS.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #802
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I've never been religious or considered myself a member of any religion.
Wish I could say that. Goddamnit, what was 15-18 year old me thinking?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #803
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
My problem is that I've gotten out of the habit of regularly updating. Used to write a daily update, and didn't miss a day from late September 2003 to mid-April 2005. But now I'm well and truly out of practice. I'd like toi get back into the swing of things but the threads here aren't helping! Plus other factors have been at play.

In any case, it means when I do post, I often fly wildly past a limit I try to achieve of only writing 4-5 paragraphs.

And my latest stuff has been SO FUCKING NERDY, good god. Can I get any nerdier after this? A series of entries on revitalising New Zealand's railway network. FFS.
I never really did update daily. I was lucky to update once a month, really. Then I got into the habit of updating it more and more but now I don't really have much to say or the patience to really do it. I'm sure one I get a good rambling bug, that I will end up updating it frequently again.
Yeah, the thread here isn't helping. I mentioned it my most recent entry.

When I post, it's usually just about that, 4-5 paragraphs but I have had the occasion where I'll post like a page and a half or more of total nonsense that nobody in their own right mind would waste 10 minutes of their lives to read. That being said, my journal is pretty much just an outlet for when I need to bitch, when I'm excited about something, or something to that efect.

That's not nerdy, that's awesome.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #804
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Wish I could say that. Goddamnit, what was 15-18 year old me thinking?


I was just raised outside of it. My parents never made me go to church or anything. I mean, I learned more about Jesus in my history class in high school than I did listening to any of my friends talk about church.
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #805
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 09:57 AM
I don't post about my life in an LJ or anything like that. I just vent to my friends through emails.
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #806
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 10:57 AM
I'm Catholic. I believe in God and Jesus and all, but not in organized religion. As soon as I leave for college, that's it for me and church.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #807
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I never really did update daily. I was lucky to update once a month, really. Then I got into the habit of updating it more and more but now I don't really have much to say or the patience to really do it. I'm sure one I get a good rambling bug, that I will end up updating it frequently again.
Yeah, the thread here isn't helping. I mentioned it my most recent entry.

When I post, it's usually just about that, 4-5 paragraphs but I have had the occasion where I'll post like a page and a half or more of total nonsense that nobody in their own right mind would waste 10 minutes of their lives to read. That being said, my journal is pretty much just an outlet for when I need to bitch, when I'm excited about something, or something to that efect.

That's not nerdy, that's awesome.
Right now, I'm just procrastinatory. I have an entry I want to make, have been wanting to make for about five days now, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Got to upload photos and stuff first. And then there's one I've been meaning to make for over a month that'll be damn hard to write and who knows when/if it will happen.

My blog's pretty much my outlet for my thoughts on everything. And I'm a serious bastard too, so it's never a recount of my day or anything like that, but my thoughts on music and politics and theology and what's happening in the world. And my over-excitedness about the rugby and cricket.

I suspect approximately zero people read the series, but I'm proud of it and think it's one of the best things I've written!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #808
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I don't post about my life in an LJ or anything like that. I just vent to my friends through emails.
I like to vent in my LJ 'cause it all gets out in that one spot and I'm not annoying anyone directly by sending JUST them an email or anything like that. Plus I can review it without having to log into hotmail - which is a pain in the ass, btw, just to see it and hopefully, feel a bit better when I'm sorted!
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #809
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I like to vent in my LJ 'cause it all gets out in that one spot and I'm not annoying anyone directly by sending JUST them an email or anything like that. Plus I can review it without having to log into hotmail - which is a pain in the ass, btw, just to see it and hopefully, feel a bit better when I'm sorted!
Are you trying to tell me something?
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #810
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post


I was just raised outside of it. My parents never made me go to church or anything. I mean, I learned more about Jesus in my history class in high school than I did listening to any of my friends talk about church.
See, I was raised outside of it too. I've been to a Sunday service three times in my life, and never with my family! My mother is the kind of person who just isn't concerned with religion, in much the same way I'm sure you're entirely not concerned with the condition of the plumbing in the shops on the main street of Woodville, New Zealand. And my father thinks religion is all just a bunch of myths. But I fell in with the wrong crowd - well, to be honest, the right crowd - at high school and when a few things happened all at once, I joined them on the religion boat. But unlike them, I had this voracious appetite for theological literature (still do), and the more I read, the less I believed.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com