Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2008, 12:36 PM   #781
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Aww, it's alright. I didn't ever think you were a wanker.

Really? I thought the US had already run away with that title entirely. A lot of the food here is just amazingly unhealthy and the presence of those, being the cheaper foods, have contributed. It's so expensive to buy "healthy" food, at least here, these days. I do try to eat what one would call healthy anyway. A nutrition freak of sorts, I suppose. Like I freak out if I don't think I got enough vitamin c and stupid shit like that.

A lot of the stuff that Americans eat though, really put me off. Hamburger is one especially. I can't tell you how many times I've been told I'm not a real American because I won't eat hamburger. Piss off. Hamburger is fucking disgusting. And of course, my loathe for hot dogs seems to be pretty extreme, too. Though it's not just meat that annoys me with our diets. The fast food, the frozen meals and stuff like that really irks me too. Yeah, I eat out from time to time (to be quite honest, chinese food is my preference and always will be.) but I hate places like McDonald's and Burger King. And Pizza is so damn overrated, imho.

Yeah, I can see how drinking habits and laziness would contribute to it. Even if you don't really eat that much fattening in the food department, the alcohol (and soda, too.) combined with not moving a whole lot can sure do it!
Aww, thanks.

There was some report recently that stated Australia is now the fattest. But I think it's just one report, and some of the methodology may be questionable, so I think it's safe to say that according to most sources right now, the US is still fattest, but Australia is uncomfortably second, possibly first, and heading down totally the wrong track.

See, here, I think the pricing doesn't have that disparity, and the cheapness of utter junk is one thing I noticed over your way (I visited in 2005). I find that it is usually cheaper for me to make a healthier equivalent of something myself than buy the ultra-processed nasty equivalent from the supermarket. Lasagne's a good example. I make my own lasagne and it lasts six dinners; the cost to make it is far less than it would cost me to buy six much more unhealthy frozen lasagnes from the supermarket. One reason I cook and bake a lot is because I find it more economical. The other reason is that - well, come on, ultra-processed store muffins or homemade muffins, which do you think is going to taste better?

As for hot dogs, bleh. What I like to do is fry a herb and garlic sausage and put it in a slice of bread with some onion. Good, traditional Aussie/Kiwi food too. And pizza? I loooove my pizza, make it myself a lot, but the shit you get from Domino's and Pizza Hut and whatnot is about as appetising to me as vomit.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #782
Vocal parasite

Have a good one, New South Wales!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #783
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:57 AM
Fuck NSW and his stupid ass for leaving.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #784
Vocal parasite

God, I feel like I've suddenly done so much thinking on this thread!

And Reggo, I got your e-mail. I'm trying to do a good response here rather than rushing one out. The thread being alive makes that a slower process.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #785
Blue Crack Supplier

It took me a good ten minutes yesterday to convince my one buddy that by being Lutheran he is, in fact, a Protestant.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #786
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:57 AM
LMP, if you read back, damn you. I was enjoying my morning and then Old Gregg just randomly popped up in my brain. You owe me five minutes of my morning that I spent giggling like a maniac! j/k
Old 07-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #787
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
It took me a good ten minutes yesterday to convince my one buddy that by being Lutheran he is, in fact, a Protestant.
Uhm...uh...Er...Wow. This is so phenomenally stupid, I think my brain stopped.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #788
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Aww, thanks.

There was some report recently that stated Australia is now the fattest. But I think it's just one report, and some of the methodology may be questionable, so I think it's safe to say that according to most sources right now, the US is still fattest, but Australia is uncomfortably second, possibly first, and heading down totally the wrong track.

See, here, I think the pricing doesn't have that disparity, and the cheapness of utter junk is one thing I noticed over your way (I visited in 2005). I find that it is usually cheaper for me to make a healthier equivalent of something myself than buy the ultra-processed nasty equivalent from the supermarket. Lasagne's a good example. I make my own lasagne and it lasts six dinners; the cost to make it is far less than it would cost me to buy six much more unhealthy frozen lasagnes from the supermarket. One reason I cook and bake a lot is because I find it more economical. The other reason is that - well, come on, ultra-processed store muffins or homemade muffins, which do you think is going to taste better?

As for hot dogs, bleh. What I like to do is fry a herb and garlic sausage and put it in a slice of bread with some onion. Good, traditional Aussie/Kiwi food too. And pizza? I loooove my pizza, make it myself a lot, but the shit you get from Domino's and Pizza Hut and whatnot is about as appetising to me as vomit.
Yeah, I definitely think that the US will be first for a long time to come. Frozen dinners are a whole lot cheaper than most anything, so it's what people buy with the soaring food costs. Hell, certain brands sell for cheaper than a damn can of soup. The already processed stuff tends to be a slight bit on the cheaper side, for some reason. Hell, we had a cookout yesterday and one yellow bell pepper costed nearly $2. What the hell is that? Seriously.

As for Lasagna, I prefer it without meat. But I can definitely get into some homemade of it, that's for sure!
I just love the food you make for yourself a whole lot more. Granted, I do get into cans of soup and things like that, too, they're not as bad for you as frozen, nasty, premade dinners.

Onions, ew. I can't have them, actually. Not that I care for the taste anyway but I've noticed that when I eat something that has them in it, I tend to get very nasty indigestion.
That's what kinda pizza I meant was overrated, the kind from Pizza Hut or Domino's. I prefer to get bagels or english muffins, buy some tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, put it in the oven and bake it for a little while and there's my dinner! On the flipside, making pizza like that is a lot cheaper than buying a premade one or one from a pizza place, most definitely. And it's a lot tastier. I like bell/banana peppers, ham and bacon on mine, though. No pepperoni.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #789
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
LMP, if you read back, damn you. I was enjoying my morning and then Old Gregg just randomly popped up in my brain. You owe me five minutes of my morning that I spent giggling like a maniac! j/k
He'll deal with it ... like he dealt with Curly Jefferson.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #790
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
God, I feel like I've suddenly done so much thinking on this thread!
Is it a bad thing?
Old 07-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #791
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
... you're kidding.

It'd be one thing if he were Presbyterian or Methodist or whatever. I mean, it's still "you're kidding" material, but in comparison ... Lutheran? Martin "I bringz teh Reformation" Luther? Holy shit.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #792
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Uhm...uh...Er...Wow. This is so phenomenally stupid, I think my brain stopped.
Friend: We don't have to go to church all the time. It's real chill. I went like six months ago, once.
Me: Yeah, but you're a protestant.
Friend: No, I'm not a protestant.
Me: Yeah, you're not Catholic.
Friend: No, I'm Lutheran.
Me: Right. That's a protestant religion.
Friend: We're not protesting anything!
Me: Yeah, the Catholic church.
Friend: No, that was just like Martin Luther and those guys!
Me: ... Who do you think your church is named after?
Friend: ... Oh, shit.

It turns out he thought Protestant was a denomination, not a group of denominations.

He also threw up on the side of his car later that night.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #793
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Is it a bad thing?
No, I just don't usually expect to be engaging my brain quite so much on the Superthreads at 2:30am!

But then again, I tend to do my uni work this late, so it's not TOO unusual.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #794
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
No, I just don't usually expect to be engaging my brain quite so much on the Superthreads at 2:30am!

But then again, I tend to do my uni work this late, so it's not TOO unusual.
I love intelligent conversation and I tend to ramble a lot. Sorry about that!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #795
Vocal parasite

I'm an atheist now, but was Anglican, and that was kind of sweet with regards to the Protestant/Catholic thing, since being Anglican essentially means you've got a bet each way.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread