Mother's day gift ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

officeman120

The Fly
Hey mother's day is coming. I want to buy a gift for my mother, something useful or something with special meanings. Any good ideas, waht do you intend to buy for your mother??

Last year I bought my mom a digital camera b/c hers broke. It was only $99, but very nice quality pics and easy for her to use. This year....I dunno yet...I gave her a computer for Christmas so maybe that carries over to Mother's Day!

My mom and I are taking a trip for the weekend. :love: Nothing too exciting, we mostly just wanted to go stay in a hotel somewhere. :giggle: :heart:

I am making a photo presentation with all kinds of pics from my kiddies and I and placing it on an "SD" card. I'm also buying a Digital Picture Frame and placing the card inside , so that she can view them.

:wink: Hey Liesje...I was going to suggest one of those digital photo frames! My Mom is in Heaven, too Ms.Purrl! I'd suggest for all who CAN afford it...CAll Your Mother!! Does not cost a whole lot, but worth a Million $$!:wink:

My lil' sis and I (17 years apart) have taken a couple really good pics this year. So I was thinking of framing those and giving them to her. She likes putting stuff like that on her desk at work. :wink:

If I had more money, I'd love to do a professional portrait with my sister. Maybe I'll do that next year for my parent's 35th Anniversary.

These are all such wonderful ideas for your mothers and so thoughtful. There's some really lucky mothers of Interferencers out there! My son usually takes me out to eat and I cherish the special time we have. This year the grandbaby will be here and I cannot wait!!

forbonou2 said:
: My Mom is in Heaven, too Ms.Purrl! I'd suggest for all who CAN afford it...CAll Your Mother!! Does not cost a whole lot, but worth a Million $$!:wink:

Maybe our moms will get together and celebrate. That makes me smile. :love:

And those of you who can: Hug your mom. Lots.

MsPurrl said:

Maybe our moms will get together and celebrate. That makes me smile. :love:

:hug:s to MsPurrl and forbonou2, my mums up there celebrating too. :hug:

Some really good ideas here but I really like Carlos idea of the SD card in a digital frame, might rob that for next mothers day here for my Grandma, she will love it. :love:

I'm getting my mom this:
jpeg1061019538pa9.jpg

It's a melting skull ashtray! Charming, eh? I thought so! :hyper:

Well last year I bought a digital frame for my mom, and she did like it very much. My mom used to learn little about art. So I intend to buy some paiting for her. And I hope to find something unique. I have found Canvas Art looks very nice. I found a deal for Leonardo da Vinci The Last Supper, even higher price than a digital frame. But I guess my mom will like it.

MsPurrl,ForBonoU2,Jem :hug: :hug:

Im sending my mom flowers and a card for Mother's Day. Also will be calling her and telling her just how grateful I am for her. My mom is one of my best friends :cute:

My actual present to her will be coming home for a visit for the last week of May. Will get to spend my birthday with her too during that time :).

Good idea to go visit your mom. Best gift you can give is the gift of time. Maybe, despite the gas prices, I will go visit my mom. Maybe I will surprise her. :up:

I just ordered 2 dozen assorted colored roses to be sent to my mother May 8th. She's got lovely roses in the front and back yards of her house and is stressed about what color to plant to replace a rosebush she recently lost so my note says maybe these will help her decide. That hassle is done and I have a card to send. Now to figure out what to do for my son's 22nd May 10th. Decisions....decisions......

Not to derail the intent of this post, its even more heartbreaking that some parents don't see their kids even when they aren't incarcerated...that's whats sad...I hope your mom enjoys her gift...:)

She's a lucky lady Mr. Baw :yes:

I don't know what to do for mom this year. It's been a tough one with her being ill and at the moment, stuck at home. Maybe we'll go over & bring some food in for her & visit. As for me, I just hope my kid & hubby remember. I may be lucky to get a card :|

For Mother's Day I bought my brother a plane ticket to come visit that weekend.

He lives in New York and she hasn't seen him in years.

That's a nice gesture beegee. My sister is making a donation to Livestrong in our mom's name since she's battling breast cancer. My sister does a lot of work for Livestrong.

Carek1230 said:
Good idea to go visit your mom. Best gift you can give is the gift of time. Maybe, despite the gas prices, I will go visit my mom. Maybe I will surprise her. :up:

Thank you :). This the first mother's day ever that I won't get to spend with her in person. Rather sad but Im trying to make the best of it!

I think you should surprise your mom with a visit. Bet it will make her day :)

Back
Top Bottom