Mother's day gift ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kinkajou7 said:
I'm giving my mom tickets to see Neil Diamond at Fenway Park. She took me to see him when I was 8 - it was my first concert :lol:
:lol: Although Neil Diamond would be really great I think! maybe :reject:

I like meaningful gifts or something useful...my mum's birthday was just a couple weeks ago and I went all out, got her a ton of gifts and took her out to eat so she told me not to get her much for mother's day...so I got her the new memoir-type book that Julie Andrews wrote because she loves Julie Andrews...I'm also hoping to get out today or tomorrow to get her a nice bouquet of flowers. :)

ladywithspinninghead said:
We're putting together a calendar and for each month there will be a meaningful picture (her kids, grandkids, etc)

That's such a lovely present...I did that for my mum, grama, brother, nephew and partner for Christmas.

I'm taking food over to my mom's since my brother, who lives there and is terminally ill, isn't feeling too well and she doesn't want to go out to lunch.
We don't want her to have to do anything, so my sisters and I are going to cut & rake her yard, check the fluids in her car and vaccum her house.
(we do this anyway, but we're all going to be together tomorrow)

I also have a really nice picture of her great granddaughters I had framed. I just love my mommie to pieces :heart:

sue4u2 said:
I'm taking food over to my mom's since my brother, who lives there and is terminally ill, isn't feeling too well and she doesn't want to go out to lunch.
We don't want her to have to do anything, so my sisters and I are going to cut & rake her yard, check the fluids in her car and vaccum her house.

I also have a really nice picture of her great granddaughters I had framed. I just love my mommie to pieces :heart:

Awwwwww, Sue . . . that is all really sweet. Love your mommie all you can! :hug:

sue4u2 said:

what a wonderful daughter, how nice are you?

Hope all of you who are Mums have a beautiful day . . . your mums all sound like they have a bunch of gorgeous caring kiddies!

I bought mum tickets to the 'Diana - a celebration' exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum (in Sydney) - she's really excited as we're going this week & can't wait to see Princess Diana's wedding dress . . . have to admit I'm looking forward to taking her too!
Someone said earlier that the best gift is time and you are sooooo right :up:

have a beautiful day everyone :wave:

Back
Top Bottom