Most underrated Police songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
Well, I think the day will come soon when Sting, Andy and Stewart finally get together and TOUR.
With that in mind:
Of the songs NOT on any Police best ofs/ greatest hits collections, what is the best Police song out there?...
I say Next To You, Omegaman, and Does Everyone Stare, and When The World Is Running Down...

I don't know what is on their official greatest hits collection, but, as for underrated....Secret Journey.

I love that song to death and never once have I heard it on the radio, going back to when The Police were still together and recording and touring.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Well, I think the day will come soon when Sting, Andy and Stewart finally get together and TOUR.
With that in mind:
Of the songs NOT on any Police best ofs/ greatest hits collections, what is the best Police song out there?...
I say Next To You, Omegaman, and Does Everyone Stare, and When The World Is Running Down...

Next To You
Truth Hits Everybody
Born In The 50s
Peanuts
Bring On The Night
Its Alright For You
Driven To Tears
When The World Is Running Down
Canary In A Coalmine
Man In A Suitcase
Bombs Away
Secret Journey
Omegaman
Synchronicity 1
Once Upon A Daydream
Low Life
Visions Of The Night

Really tough to pick the best one from that list, but if were just talking about studio and not live versions of the songs, then I would have to go with Synchronicity 1.

No spoken words said:
I don't know what is on their official greatest hits collection, but, as for underrated....Secret Journey.

I love that song to death and never once have I heard it on the radio, going back to when The Police were still together and recording and touring.

Ahhh, while its never been on a greatest hits album, it was released a single in North America in the Spring of 1982. It made it to #46 on the Billboard HOT 100, higher I might add than Message In A Bottle did which peaked at #74 in 1979. On the rock charts Secret Journey peaked at #29 and was on the rock chart for 16 weeks. So it did receive a good bit of radio airplay back in 1982, just not as much as "Spirits" or "Magic". I don't think it was released outside North America, but they got Invisible Sun as a single. Great song, and they show a brief clip of the band mixing or recording it on the Stewart Copeland Documentary about the Police which was just released on DVD.

Screwtape2 said:
Deathwish, Bombs Away, Secret Journey, Tea In Sahara and Murder By Numbers are amazing. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Tea In The Sahara is on the Greatest Hits Album.

phanan said:
The Bed's Too Big Without You
Driven To Tears
When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What's Still Around
Tea In The Sahara
I Burn For You

The Bed's too Big Without You is on the greatest hits album as well. It was released as a single, and it made it to #17 in the United Kingdom. They even filmed a video for it which is somewhere on youtube.

STING2 said:

The Bed's too Big Without You is on the greatest hits album as well. It was released as a single, and it made it to #17 in the United Kingdom. They even filmed a video for it which is somewhere on youtube.

I'll just have to go by the original Singles collection then. :wink:

#1 would be "I Burn For You". Man, I love that song.

Canary in a Coalmine, One World (Not Three), Once Upon A Daydream ... I could go on and on.

Be My Girl (Sally)
Bring On The Night
Reggatta De Blanc (......at volume this is awesome)
I Burn For You
Rehumanize Yourself
Secret Journey
Man In A Suitcase

Back
Top Bottom