Most overplayed classic rock song ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

You know, the one they play WAY too much on classic rock stations and you get so sick of it. My vote goes hands down to Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart.

Note: you don't have to dislike the song to see it is overplayed, you can like it but still think they play it too much. I would also be interested to hear if anyone has ever been turned against a song they used to like because of this.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

Most over played song that I know and absolutely abhore!!!

Old Time Rock'N'Roll --> Bob Seger

geeeeross!! HATE IT!
mad.gif

Originally posted by barlowdog:
Hotel California...I have a passionate hatred for this song.....and it's overplayed.

I'm glad someone finally feels the same way I do about "Hotel California." It's a horrible, horrible song.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

gawd, me three. HATE IT. Always have.

How about Stairway to Heaven?
wink.gif

Tho I'll admit, with "Like a Rock" being played *ad nauseum* on truck ads, I'd say Bob is the real winner.

or is that loser?

Originally posted by meegannie:
I'm glad someone finally feels the same way I do about "Hotel California." It's a horrible, horrible song.

Originally posted by Angel:
Most over played song that I know and absolutely abhore!!!

Old Time Rock'N'Roll --> Bob Seger

geeeeross!! HATE IT!
mad.gif

Ditto! He's got some other great songs too, so why must they constantly torture us with that one? Also have to agree with Maggie Mae...that one always seems to be on too.

I never get sick of Hotel California, Free Bird, or Stairway. *hides* Guess I'm a freak...what else is new?

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Definitely Hotel California. I used to love it, but now I can only take it maybe twice a year which sucks.
It also seems I hear a lot of Dream On whenever I flip on the classic rock stations here.

------------------
Do you have an opinion, a mind of your own?
I thought you were special, I thought you should know

Oh this is an easy one. 'American Pie' by Don MaClean.

Other possibles could include:

Absolutely anything by the Eagles or Elton John
Absolutely anything recorded by Fleetwood Mac between 1975 and 1977
Stairway to Heaven
Imagine (not ROCK as such, but well it is just a label, ain't it).

------------------
So will we die of shock
Die without a trial
Die on Good Friday
While holding each other tight
This is kind of about you
This is kind of about me
We just kind of lost our way
We were looking to be free

But one day
We'll float...

Ok. Triple M have intentionally killed many classic rock songs. Anything by Pink Floyd, Zeplin, the Eagles, Cold Chisel, Kiss, AC/DC, blah....anything rock. I used to listen to that station and now cant stand them or that music cos of it.

This isn't classic rock really, but I listen to "the mix" hits of the 80's 90's and more. ALL THE PLAY IS JOURNEY AND STYX.

I hate these bands. they remind me of Creed. Hewy Lewis is played a lot, Heart of Rock and Roll...

and someone mentioned Rock and Roll all night and party every day....maybe the worst song ever.

Originally posted by LuvLady:
Layla - Eric Clapton. It's played every freakin hour!

Actually, it's by Derek and the Dominoes.

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Bohemian Rhapsody
doesn't help that I never liked this 'song' anyway

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Stairway to Heaven...being played over and over again.

Yet another reason I don't like Led Zeppelin.

Stairway to God Damn Heaven.
I hate that one song called "Downtown" by some girl singer, it's really old but it's so annoying and if you hear it once it's etched into your mind for the rest of your life.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Actually, it's by Derek and the Dominoes.

He probably means the solo Eric Clapton version. Wasn't it written by Clapton about George Harrisons girlfriend at the time any-ways?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Here in Long Island, NY, U.S.A., they overplay Freebird and Scenes From An Italian Restaurant. The classic rock stations in the area have a rule: Billy Joel, The Doors, The Stones, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd must be played ever hour. They play a lot of U2, but always the same 5 songs. Stairway To Heaven doesn't get played that much anymore. Call me kooky, but I'll always love that song. I've got an awesome version from the Zeppelin BBC sessions. You gotta check it out!

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Zooropa16,
What part of The Island are you from? I've never seen anyone from our area around here.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

I have to agree with American Pie. I have never, ever, ever liked that song.

But then again, that damn "Like a Rock" chevy song drives me bonkers. Here are some sample lyrics:

Twenty years now
Where'd they go?
Twenty years now
I don't know
I sit and I wonder sometimes
Where they've gone

Okay, my ass could write better lyrics than that!

Back
Top Bottom