Most irritating GOOD song ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevation2u said:
anywho...my votes go to U2's With or Without You, Police's Every Step You Take, & the Smith's How Soon is Now, ..all great artists but I cannot stomach those songs

LikeNoOneBefore said:
XD Yeah. "Every Move You Make" gets a little old too, since that's like the only song they play by them anymore.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE SONG IS "EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE."

Philistines. :tsk:

Talk about irritating. :wink:

Last edited:
:ohmy: Can't believe io haven't seen this thread before Q1! :wink:

Anyway, Everybody hurts was the song played at my brother's funeral :sad: :sad: :sad: i chose to have it played so it means a lot to me as he was a big REM fan!

Actually I have to go with Layla as well. Wish somebody had unplugged Duane Allman's annoying guitar during the outro.

COBL_04 said:
He ended every incoherent sentence with 'you know' and then went on to talk about how he tells fat women to go to Weight Watchers.

You're kidding! I always through he was probably a decent guy even if he's an incredibly overrated singer and lyricist, but he is now on my permanent shit list. :madspit:

elevation2u said:
born in the usa

as much as i love springsteen and the lyrics to the song, i dont like the synths or whatever it is that makes it sound horrible to me

yes, this is true, but I got one better

dancing in the dark, the only other Boss song that sounds so dated to me.

i heard the live version from the rising tour is like 5454 times better.

LemonMacPhisto said:

yes, this is true, but I got one better

dancing in the dark, the only other Boss song that sounds so dated to me.

i heard the live version from the rising tour is like 5454 times better.

Dancing in the Dark is too awesome to sound dated.

I never liked Glory Days. I can't imagine a time when that song wouldn't have sounded dated. :huh:

Damn synth.

I don't like Glory Days either...but I never ever hear that song unless it's coming from my ipod [on shuffle mode]...however, DITT is the only Bruce song they ever play on the radio around here :angry:. Though there was that one time about 2 summers ago they played Jungleland.

And I'm sure I'll get rotten tomatoes for this ... : I love Pete Yorn's acoustic version of the DITT
:drool:

elevation2u said:
I love Pete Yorn's acoustic version of the DITT
:drool:

Wow, I didn't know that existed. I imagine it's one of those covers that's either really good or really lousy.

Most things by Rod Stewart make me want to stick things in my eyes. It seems like all he ever does anymore is cover (and screw up) other people's songs. Every time I don't absolutely hate a song of his, I find out it's a cover. I was driving somewhere with a friend a few years ago and mentioned that Downtown Train was one of his few songs I could stomach. She whacked me in the arm, and when I yelled at her, she said, "That was from Tom Waits."

Tom Waits, I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. You have permission to kick my ass if I ever meet you. :reject:

I especially hate Maggie Mae. My name is Maggie, and every time someone calls me that, they think they're the very first person to ever do it. That got old sometime in the 80s :mad:

:giggle:
good thing there isn't a song with my name :happy:

I suggest you check out Yorn's version, I'm interested to hear someone's elses opinion on the cover.

On the other hand I quite dislike Rage Against the Machine's springsteen cover Ghost of Tom Joad...as well as their dylan cover of Maggie's Farm
:sexywink:

shika said:

Yes, it was a bit wierd. For an obviously intelligent man he was very inarticulate. I was disappointed in the interview - I wish Denton had delved a bit more into things and challenged him a bit more. And the false modesty thing just doesn't wash with me - be proud of your work (whether people like it or not is irrelevant) or rack off, I say!

Let's start a thread... "the problem with the dude from coldplay is..." :lol:

The false modesty thing bugged me a lot too. Modest people kind of irritate me in a way. When I watch an interview with a foot player who's just kicked 7 goals, even when asked he won't talk about himself. I hate that! It's a great quality to have, but I want to hear him say, "Yeah I kicked ass didn't I?"

Back to the topic, I find the Rolling Stone's Angie to be a good song but irratating at the same time. In parts its very good, but in others I don't like Jagger's whiny vocals.

Back
Top Bottom