Most irritating GOOD song ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 vote for "Yeah"
Okay this song is probably pop crap and I love it :p but Lil' Jon's uhh "singing" makes my skin crawl :barf: and Ludacris's lyrics...

Watch out
My outfit's ridiculous, In the club lookin so conspicuous
And wow! These women all on the prowl, If ya hold the head steady I'm a milk the cow. Yeah!

:crack:

MsMofoGone said:
The Police's ... "Roxanne"

I mean I love this song, but how many times does he not have to put on that red light !! :tsk:

:lol: Perfect.

financeguy said:
Everybody Hurts by REM. Most everyone seems to love this song including REM fans but I see it as sentimental mawkish rubbish. And I like REM.

Song made me want to shoot myself.

Born in the USA is 'awesome' in so far as the intent of the song is lost in the impression the song gives. Didn't Reagan think it was a patriotic anthem or something? Crazy.

blueeyedgirl said:

No, its:
Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
really really wanna zigazig ha.

If you want my future forget my past,
If you wanna get with me better make it fast,
Now don't go wasting my precious time,
Get your act together we could be just fine

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends,
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is.

What do you think about that now you know how I feel,
Say you can handle my love are you for real,
I won't be hasty, I'll give you a try
If you really bug me then I'll say goodbye.

Yo I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,

So here's a story from A to Z, you wanna get with me
you gotta listen carefully,
We got M in the place who likes it in your face,
we got G like MC who likes it on an
Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady,
and as for me..ah you'll see,
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around.

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta, you gotta, you
gotta,
you gotta, you gotta, slam, slam, slam, slam
Slam your body down zigazig ah
If you wanna be my lover.

Get it right! :rolleyes:

:lol: I just hope you had to look that up and didn't know it off by heart!

Anyway, I've just thought of something that really irritates me in The Killer's (fantastic) song, 'All These Things That I've Done'. Whenever he says, "If you can't hold on, hold on". :| Have we not just established that I can't hold on?!!

financeguy said:
Everybody Hurts by REM. Most everyone seems to love this song including REM fans but I see it as sentimental mawkish rubbish. And I like REM.

That song is absolutely terrible. it sounds like Nick Lache could have written it. Losing My Religion I love, but Everybody Hurts - even the title is awful.

On the subject of Backstreet Boys... being a once BSB fangirl myself (I was in fourth grade, alright? I had a legitimate excuse)...I never understood...what, exactly, were Backstreet back from? that song was on their first album. no one really knew them before that album. so how can they be back? back from WHAT? from...not being there in the first place?

I should flock the lot of you for Everybody Hurts bashing
that song walks the thin line between art and pathetic
and M. Stipe makes it work
:grumpy:

as for irritating good song ...... hmm, Intergalactic by The BEasty Boys maybe or Love Shack by B52's

Intergalactic is awesome indeed!

having the chorus stuck in your head for 2 1/2 weeks --> less awesome

00Kevin said:
I used to love yellow submarine, but now i just find the "we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine" annoying.

I hate that song it sucks..same with Octapus Garden or whatever its called.

yertle-the-turtle said:
'Sympathy For The Devil''s woo-woos are bloody annoying. Redeemed by a great guitar solo and some nice sneery lyrics, but yeah.

That's the one I thought of straightaway.

i thought those were train noises ? lol

please to meet you, i hope you guessed my .......

I used to love Vertigo but now think I would be perfectly happy never to hear it again. It's unbelievably catchy, but after hearing it 1,00,000 times it just doesn't hold up.

I've never understood why so many people think Beautiful Day is a U2 classic. It sounds like some dull, copycat band trying desparately to copy U2's style.

Bruce Springsteen's Dancing in the Dark used to be my favorite song ever years ago, but now the synths just make me cringe.

Fix You by Coldplay. It's not nearly as moving and poetic as Chris Martin obviously thinks. In fact, it's kind of pukeworthy.

AtomicBono said:

On the subject of Backstreet Boys... being a once BSB fangirl myself (I was in fourth grade, alright? I had a legitimate excuse)...I never understood...what, exactly, were Backstreet back from? that song was on their first album. no one really knew them before that album. so how can they be back? back from WHAT? from...not being there in the first place?

Didn't they have marginal success just covering pop ballads in Europe before making their own album? I would think "Backstreet's Back" is in reference to coming back to the States.

Way to out myself.

What's with all this "Everybody Hurts" bashing - first of all it's simply not THAT bad and second "Shiny Happy People" is about a thousand times more irritating. Geez.

"Torn" by Natalie Imbrulia... loved it for the first 500 times, now it makes me wanna drive off the road/ preferably with her in the car :down:

PS. Lovin' REM in any way, shape or form. Sometimes you've just got to let go of the cynicism.

Harry Vest said:
What's with all this "Everybody Hurts" bashing - first of all it's simply not THAT bad and second "Shiny Happy People" is about a thousand times more irritating. Geez.

true but I don't think anyone could catergorize "shiny happy people" as good :sexywink:

[I didnt vote for Everybody Hurts...since I like the song]

anywho...my votes go to U2's With or Without You, Police's Every Step You Take, & the Smith's How Soon is Now, ..all great artists but I cannot stomach those songs

VertigoGal said:

Are you serious? Assuming you are talking about the Eric Clapton song, that is. The first three minutes are terrific!

For my pick its Vertigo. I love U2 to bits but I really can't stand that song.

Bono's shades said:
Fix You by Coldplay. It's not nearly as moving and poetic as Chris Martin obviously thinks. In fact, it's kind of pukeworthy.

Did you/anyone see him on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton on ABC on Monday night? He is a very very strange man and I dislike him more now than I ever did. He ended every incoherent sentence with 'you know' and then went on to talk about how he tells fat women to go to Weight Watchers.

shika said:
"Torn" by Natalie Imbrulia... loved it for the first 500 times, now it makes me wanna drive off the road/ preferably with her in the car :down:

i got into that song big time this year, fucking love it to death

COBL_04 said:
Did you/anyone see him (Chris Martin) on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton on ABC on Monday night? He is a very very strange man and I dislike him more now than I ever did. He ended every incoherent sentence with 'you know' and then went on to talk about how he tells fat women to go to Weight Watchers. [/B]

Yes, it was a bit wierd. For an obviously intelligent man he was very inarticulate. I was disappointed in the interview - I wish Denton had delved a bit more into things and challenged him a bit more. And the false modesty thing just doesn't wash with me - be proud of your work (whether people like it or not is irrelevant) or rack off, I say!

Let's start a thread... "the problem with the dude from coldplay is..." :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom