Most embarrassing purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
neutral said:
Sonic Youth is embarrassing? :scratch:

It's embarrassing because I bought the wrong band by mistake. I meant to buy Soul Asylum which is embarrassing too but for different reasons.:wink:

I bought the Eiffel 65 cd for that blasted I'm Blue Da Ba Dee song. That was a wee bit strange.

The one that makes me embarassed most though, is Limp Bizkits Significant Other. What the frell was I thinking?

There was also one day that I bought an Iron Maiden best of (good!) along with a dance compilation... the cashier looked at me kind of funny.

I guess not everyone has eclectic musical tastes ;):tongue:

i'm trying to make it look better, digi

DiGi said:
in high school i bought both the journey box set and Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds - self titled

what's embarrassing about journey??? reo speedwagon and journey are the BEST to karaoke to - and if you don't know the songs, how will you karaoke to them?

:angry:

Re: i'm trying to make it look better, digi

Lilly said:

what's embarrassing about journey??? reo speedwagon and journey are the BEST to karaoke to - and if you don't know the songs, how will you karaoke to them?

oh don't get me wrong I love to belt out the lyrics to wheel in the sky and Don't stop believen just as much as anyone else, but the box set was a little much.

hippy said:
When I bought five copies of HTDAAB at the same time...

1) Limited Edition w/ book
2) Double CD/DVD
3) 3 copies of regular cd for myself and family members.

awww.... That's ok, I buy multiples, too. :yes:

And I tend to let out these little squeeks when I find albums by The Church actually in stores. :rolleyes:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Ditto both of these (except insert another lesser-known band I like in place of the Church-nothing against them or anything, though :p).

Angela

'tis Ok. :) And do people look at you and move away when you squeek? I'd be embarassed, but then I see what they're looking at.... :D

financeguy said:
Hmmmm....probably a tape from a group called 'Ace of Base' that had a few hits in the mid '90's.

Oh dude, Ace Of Base is still around, and they've got some great stuff. I've got all their CDs.

I might not tell anyone that I actaully know that I bought "Teenage Drama Queen" by Lindsey Lohan. Excellent movie, excellent song. But embarassing.

indra said:
'tis Ok. :) And do people look at you and move away when you squeek? I'd be embarassed, but then I see what they're looking at.... :D

LOL, that's only happened once, and not even with a CD-when my family was in Iowa this past weekend, I came across a book I wanted to get and actually let out a little squeak, and my sister looked at me and was like, "Keep it down!" :p.

But other than that, no, not really had that kind of a problem. I don't even squeak so much as gasp :D.

Angela

Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's: I listened to it once and never opened the case again.

Audioslave - Not embarassing, just wish I never bought it. Anyone want it?

Popmartijn said:
Hey! Don't knock off Destiny's Child! :shame:
Survivor is one kick-ass song.
As is Bootylicious. :dance:

Hahahahahahaha! Oh christ, my sides...!

---

I had to go and buy 'One Step Closer' by the S Club Juniors on cassette for my sister's birthday a while back...! Dear god in heaven, and the B-side was an INSTRUMENTAL VERSION!! Meaning it gave my sister an oppurtunity to sing or play it on the TRUMPET or, even worse...the recorder.

In conclusion, all children shall be hung and we shall all feast.

ringo starr - vertical man
vertical horizon - everything you want

the moral of the story: don't buy anything with the word vertical in it.

WinnieThePoo said:

what a shame ..it's a good album
not for critics though or trash mags :(

i liked it initially and listened to it a lot for a month or two. then i listened to it about a year ago and thought it was terrible.

#1bonofan said:
If we are being honest... in 4th grade I bought the Hangin' Tough album by New Kids On The Block... :reject:

You don't even have to say it...

OMG...mee too:ohmy: I now know I am not the only one who has done this

worst purchase ever: Kid Rock's The History Of Rock

don't get me wrong, Kid Rock has some great songs... only NONE of them are on this Cd... I can only hear American Badass for the Metallica/Undertaker conection :|

can I name two???

Celine Dion-falling into you
Brian Adams-18 till I die

both "albums" were cd of the month at some bookclub here in Holland. I was away during the summer and I forgot to cancell or something.man Brian Adams at his worst

Celine Dion?? what can I say...singing"but when you touch me like this and if....." right now

my o my o my:huh:

I can excuse the following three on the basis that I was eleven.

- Eiffel 65: Blue (Da Ba Dee) [single]
- Eiffel 65: Europop [or whatever the hell the album was called]
And the very worst one:
- The first Pokemon movie soundtrack :reject: [though I think this might've been a gift]

I own a few other really sucky CDs but they were all gifts I didn't ask for. The worst is probably MercyMe. Whoever gave me that clearly knew NOTHING about my tastes!

Back
Top Bottom