Most embarrassing moments - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2005, 11:22 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:48 AM
The Seinfeld that has the exact same scenario

Old 11-12-2005, 07:46 AM   #47
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Really? Do you know the name of the episode? I assure you though, it's 100% true, my family picks on me over that and the 'chocolate lady' thing.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 AM   #48
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2
years ago I was my orchestra was giving a concert. I was in the violin section and sitting next to someone I didn't no very well.

to make conversation I was just prattling along. There was this guy just walked in, and I said to the girl next to me 'oh god look at the state of that bloke - he looks like a mad einstein. And just look at the state of his clothes blah blah blah blah blah.

(You know what's coming......)

She didn't say anything so I just continued prattling on about how ridiculous this bloke looked. She finally turned round to me and said 'that's my dad'

That reminds me of Polyester Guy in college. One of the computer teachers had this kid come in for a few weeks to help him out. He was a few years older, cute, and of course we'd chat a bit. One day he and I met up on our way from the station and chatted about this and that and he casually asked what I thought of the full time teacher. For some unknown reason I spilled his nickname of Polyester Guy because of his revolting shirts and matching ties, his greasy slicked back ponytail and so on. All superficial stuff. After all, the teacher was a nice enough guy and I said as much. Later that day in the particular class, cute young fill in teacher's helper made a point to sidle up to me and yell out "Hey dad, you should come and see what Anna's working on....Oops, didn't mean to address you as DAD in front of everyone!"

ha ha. yeah. Funny. So I didn't realise he was your father. Obviously, not having a polyester affiliation and slicked greasy long hair.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #49
Acrobat

My most imbarrassing moment happened to me yesterday morning.
My mom was in the hospital so I stayed at her house overnight to take care of her dog. I woke at about 5 am, let the dog out, fed her, and decided I would go back home seeing mom did not have coffee. It was very dark and my car was parked on street so while I was walking to my car, I decided I would call my husband on my cell phone. I called and heard a very sleepy voice on phone say "hello" and I said "Richard?" and he said "yes?" I told him "I was leaving moms and it so f--king dark in her neighborhood I wanted him on the phone while I was getting in the car". I proceeded to unlock the car throw my stuff in while he was holding on. I cussed again as I got in because I could hardly see. I then said in the phone "hold on and let me get the car started". I stared the car and picked up the phone agian and said "Ok Richard I am on my way home. Then, I heard a womens voice say "this is not richard". Being that I was half asleep, I really freaked. While the man and women were laughing, I said "omg I must have the wrong number and hung up". The thing that was most imbarrassing was the way I was cussing and these people were listening to me and the fact that I woke them up at 5 am. I am however glad she found it funny because her husband's name was Richard too and that could have caused a problem for him. Also if they have caller ID, they know who I am.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:28 AM   #50
Acrobat

^^ I have done that before, LOL. I dialed my husband's number (so I thought). I can't remember exactly what I said, but I was playing around being a smartass. I realized my mistake and hung up on him, then called him back and apologized.

When I was 14 or so, I walked across the street to a friend's house. We decided to go walking, so I called mom to ask if it was ok. We somehow got into a conversation, and a couple minutes later I asked if I could go walking with Kim. She said "What do you mean, who is Kim?" I thought I had been talking to mom, and she thought she was talking to her daughter.

Because of my hearing loss, I cannot distinguish voices over the phone, so I tend to make mistakes like these more than I care to admit. I always end up looking like an idiot.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #51
Acrobat

Nice to know I am not alone.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MandyMarie
Really? Do you know the name of the episode? I assure you though, it's 100% true, my family picks on me over that and the 'chocolate lady' thing.
It's called The Hot Tub. It's from the 7th season.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #53
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:48 AM
at church, probably around 5 or 6 yrs. old, everyone was getting up from their seat to receive communion and whatnot. I didn't have my first communion thing back then so I was pretty oblivious to everything that was going on. and I thought am I supposed to go up to? so I chased after my mom in the line, knocking other people over and stuff. then I caught up with her and said "can you get me some too?" and my mom just said to be quiet and she received her bread and we went to sit back down. so we're both sitting there and I ask her "can I see the bread?" and she said no I already ate it, maybe next time.
then the following sunday it was during communion again. everyone got up to get bread and when it was my moms turn, I stood up from my seat, and shouted to her "don't forget to get me one mommy!!!"

Old 11-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #54
Refugee

With the church theme thing here, I remember being little and having a fit when the bells rang, because I thought it was the ice cream man and my mother wouldnt get me one.

As for when I was older, a year or so ago I was with my now husband when he bought his new truck. I was in my hospital scrubs and we were tying up the final details with the salesman. So we stood up to go into the finance office, we're walking across the middle of the showroom when I realize that my pants had fallen down and was walking around so that the whole world could see my orange/yellow polka dotted underwear. Then of course, we're in the finance office and I was having a terrible time controlling my laughter. Here is this poor guy explaining to us all the rates and charges etc, and I keep randomly bursting into laughter. My husband still hasnt let me live this down.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Another...

2 years ago I was jogging with my dog on this pretty busy road...anyway before I knew it I tripped and fell...and I just didn't fall..I superman flew through the air, and slid on the pavement sprawled out a good 5-10 feet worse yet the dog went down with me too.

I hopped up as soon as I fell..like nothing happened, blood oozing out of my knees...my hands all scraped and continuted jogging until I got behind a building and surveyed the damage

oh and the dog was ok

but omg..it was so embarressing!! and now I have a nice chunk of knee missing
Old 11-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #56
War Child

Local Time: 01:48 AM
Years ago when I was at a bar, I went to the men's room instead of the ladies room. Even after I saw the urinals, I didn't turn around and go out - I found a stall. The music was playing overhead and feeling pretty good, I sang along at the top of my lungs. When I came out, there were about 5 guys standing there waiting for me to leave - as well as couple guys who didn't care and was using the loo anyway.

The really embarrassing part was after I walked out of the men's room and everyone started to applaud - it seems they heard me singing