Most embarrassing moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, there are many... but one that really kinda traumatized me happened a few years ago. this guy i had a massive crush on emailed me. i forwarded it to my friend, and wrote a message at the top about the guy. a couple of hours go by, and she hasn't emailed me back... so i call her and ask why she hasn't written back. her response: "what email?"

yes, i accidentally hit REPLY instead of forward. so i sent the guy i had a crush on a message about HIM (that was intended for my best friend).

needless to say, things didn't work out between us. :| :wink:

i got a little too playful at a blackjack table at the golden nugget once and spilled my date's beer across the felt. the cards were ruined. the dealer had to stop the game and call the pit boss over and we all had to wait while they dried the felt, and then open and shuffle a new deck. i was a million shades of red. the people at the table started to get fidgety and every second was like torture.

it was SO uncool.

wow, I started this thread a long time ago, Ive got another one, I posted it in my journal last night cause thats when it happened, but for those who didnt see........I assumed a girl was pregnant last night!

ok, here's the story. She came into my bar with a bunch of friends, and they were all drinking, she was drinking only water all night. She did Karaoke, and I saw what looked like a bump. So the next time she came up to the bar for yet another water, she said " god, I cant wait till I can drink again". So me, being me replied ' oh cool, so when are you due"?

AHHHHH!

I later found out she wasnt pregnant, she was just on meds after a surgery. BOOOOO DMP!

But hey, it all kinda added up. But my advice, dont ever assume that ever ever ever ever!

Great Stories!

Just thought of one when I was a freshman playing basketball, the first game of the season we were up by 20 points with 20 seconds to go, and i stole the ball and went around the back and layed it up. My coach got all pissed and pulled me out of the game with 10 seconds and yelled at me for showing off and sat me down. After the game we had to watch and support the varsity team, I had my headphones on, and i was listening to U2 "I will Follow" and i was singing along to it, loud enough to let my teamates hear how great U2 was. I was about half way up the bleachers, pretty far from the plaers bench, and all of a sudden I see all the players and the coaches all turn and look at me, and everyone in front of me turn there heads back and look at me, and my buddy was hitting me trying to tell me something. I took my headphones off, and the arena was dead silent, they were just about to start the national anthem, and everybody heard me singing "I Will Follow". After the game the Varsity coach had a talk with me, and he couldnt help but laugh at what had happened.

I guess you just had to be there

00Kevin said:
The most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me, was when i clogged the toilet in the hotel during my eight grade d.c trip, and i had to call room service because we didn't have plunger, and they sent this guy up, who came with a high tech looking machine, and spent a good ten minutes in battle with the toilet. Anyways, that was pretty bad:reject:

:ohmy:

meegannie said:
I get REALLY nervous reading aloud and absolutely hate it because my eyes and brain usually get ahead of my mouth, so I misread/skip/combine/mangle words. When I was around ten or eleven years I had to read a passage from Acts in church.

When I got to the verse that says, "For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth," I said "genitals" instead of "Gentiles." :reject::eek:

:lol:

Being the only Irish kid in my class at school, I was asked to explain "The Troubles". I think I lost them when I mixed up "prostitutes" and "protestants"....

My most embarassing moments...

Recently accidentally opening the neighbor's mail, only to find a sex toy in the package. :ohmy:

We were once having a cookout, the kids fell asleep so I put them to bed and brought the baby monitor outside where we were. Went in a few minutes later with my SIL and I started talking shit about one of the guys outside. Looked out the window, and to my horror, everyone was listening, including the guy.

Most embarassing moment I caused someone else...

When I was young, maybe four or five, my mom and I went in to a pet store. Another mom came in pushing her infant in a stroller. I walked over to the baby and said "You're a cute little bastard!" Apparently I thought this was an affectionate term...

Also, mom told me when I was even younger, we were grocery shopping one day. A black lady was shopping just in front of us. Mom was mortified because I got excited and started shrieking "Momma, look at the chocolate lady!" She kept trying to get me to hush, but I'd only say it louder "But momma, look at the chocolate lady!" :wink:

When I was a little kid I was at church with my mum and they were doing communion. The vicar was saying the usual 'blood of Christ....blood of Christ.....' and my mum says my eyes lit up like a penny had just dropped in my brain and I piped up (very loudly) with...

'Bloody Christ!!! Bloody Christ!!!'

oh and apparantly another time when I was little, my mum was spending ages looking at clothes in marks and spencers and I was really bored. So I went up and told the lady behind that cash desk that my mummy had abandoned me :lol:

My mum says she looked up to see this school ma'am type shop assistant looming over her saying 'your daughter says you have ABANDONED her!!!!'

this happened only a couple of weeks after my mum looked up from looking at more kids clothes in M&S to see my brother gleefully letting off the fire extinguisher all over the place :happy:

a quick one..

I worked in a baby department at a large store...customers were looking for crib bedding and asked what they would need...I rattled off the usual bumper, etc..and a fitted sheet...well I didn't say fitted sheet..I said they would need "shitted feet":tsk:

MandyMarie said:

When I was young, maybe four or five, my mom and I went in to a pet store. Another mom came in pushing her infant in a stroller. I walked over to the baby and said "You're a cute little bastard!" Apparently I thought this was an affectionate term...

That one was just on a few days ago.

one time i was walking to my bus stop with daisy, and i felt something stick me in my chin. i heard a few guys laughing at me, kind of catcalling. i looked down, and there was my underwire bra coming out from my blouse. i took out the wire really quickly so daisy couldnt see what was going on, and i kind of shoved it in my purse.

bammo2 said:
years ago I was my orchestra was giving a concert. I was in the violin section and sitting next to someone I didn't no very well.

to make conversation I was just prattling along. There was this guy just walked in, and I said to the girl next to me 'oh god look at the state of that bloke - he looks like a mad einstein. And just look at the state of his clothes blah blah blah blah blah.

(You know what's coming......)

She didn't say anything so I just continued prattling on about how ridiculous this bloke looked. She finally turned round to me and said 'that's my dad'

:eek:

That reminds me of Polyester Guy in college. One of the computer teachers had this kid come in for a few weeks to help him out. He was a few years older, cute, and of course we'd chat a bit. One day he and I met up on our way from the station and chatted about this and that and he casually asked what I thought of the full time teacher. For some unknown reason I spilled his nickname of Polyester Guy because of his revolting shirts and matching ties, his greasy slicked back ponytail and so on. All superficial stuff. After all, the teacher was a nice enough guy and I said as much. Later that day in the particular class, cute young fill in teacher's helper made a point to sidle up to me and yell out "Hey dad, you should come and see what Anna's working on....Oops, didn't mean to address you as DAD in front of everyone!"

ha ha. yeah. Funny. So I didn't realise he was your father. Obviously, not having a polyester affiliation and slicked greasy long hair.
:mad:

My most imbarrassing moment happened to me yesterday morning.
My mom was in the hospital so I stayed at her house overnight to take care of her dog. I woke at about 5 am, let the dog out, fed her, and decided I would go back home seeing mom did not have coffee. It was very dark and my car was parked on street so while I was walking to my car, I decided I would call my husband on my cell phone. I called and heard a very sleepy voice on phone say "hello" and I said "Richard?" and he said "yes?" I told him "I was leaving moms and it so f--king dark in her neighborhood I wanted him on the phone while I was getting in the car". I proceeded to unlock the car throw my stuff in while he was holding on. I cussed again as I got in because I could hardly see. I then said in the phone "hold on and let me get the car started". I stared the car and picked up the phone agian and said "Ok Richard I am on my way home. Then, I heard a womens voice say "this is not richard". Being that I was half asleep, I really freaked. While the man and women were laughing, I said "omg I must have the wrong number and hung up". The thing that was most imbarrassing was the way I was cussing and these people were listening to me and the fact that I woke them up at 5 am. I am however glad she found it funny because her husband's name was Richard too and that could have caused a problem for him. Also if they have caller ID, they know who I am.:reject: :uhoh:

^^ I have done that before, LOL. I dialed my husband's number (so I thought). I can't remember exactly what I said, but I was playing around being a smartass. I realized my mistake and hung up on him, then called him back and apologized.

When I was 14 or so, I walked across the street to a friend's house. We decided to go walking, so I called mom to ask if it was ok. We somehow got into a conversation, and a couple minutes later I asked if I could go walking with Kim. She said "What do you mean, who is Kim?" I thought I had been talking to mom, and she thought she was talking to her daughter.

Because of my hearing loss, I cannot distinguish voices over the phone, so I tend to make mistakes like these more than I care to admit. I always end up looking like an idiot. :|

MandyMarie said:
Really? Do you know the name of the episode? I assure you though, it's 100% true, my family picks on me over that and the 'chocolate lady' thing. :)

It's called The Hot Tub. It's from the 7th season.

at church, probably around 5 or 6 yrs. old, everyone was getting up from their seat to receive communion and whatnot. I didn't have my first communion thing back then so I was pretty oblivious to everything that was going on. and I thought am I supposed to go up to? so I chased after my mom in the line, knocking other people over and stuff. then I caught up with her and said "can you get me some too?" and my mom just said to be quiet and she received her bread and we went to sit back down. so we're both sitting there and I ask her "can I see the bread?" and she said no I already ate it, maybe next time.
then the following sunday it was during communion again. everyone got up to get bread and when it was my moms turn, I stood up from my seat, and shouted to her "don't forget to get me one mommy!!!"

:|

With the church theme thing here, I remember being little and having a fit when the bells rang, because I thought it was the ice cream man and my mother wouldnt get me one.

As for when I was older, a year or so ago I was with my now husband when he bought his new truck. I was in my hospital scrubs and we were tying up the final details with the salesman. So we stood up to go into the finance office, we're walking across the middle of the showroom when I realize that my pants had fallen down and was walking around so that the whole world could see my orange/yellow polka dotted underwear. Then of course, we're in the finance office and I was having a terrible time controlling my laughter. Here is this poor guy explaining to us all the rates and charges etc, and I keep randomly bursting into laughter. My husband still hasnt let me live this down.

Another...

2 years ago I was jogging with my dog on this pretty busy road...anyway before I knew it I tripped and fell...and I just didn't fall..I superman flew through the air, and slid on the pavement sprawled out a good 5-10 feet:| worse yet the dog went down with me too.

I hopped up as soon as I fell..like nothing happened, blood oozing out of my knees...my hands all scraped and continuted jogging until I got behind a building and surveyed the damage:|

oh and the dog was ok:wink:

but omg..it was so embarressing!! and now I have a nice chunk of knee missing:happy:

Years ago when I was at a bar, I went to the men's room instead of the ladies room. Even after I saw the urinals, I didn't turn around and go out - I found a stall. The music was playing overhead and feeling pretty good, I sang along at the top of my lungs. When I came out, there were about 5 guys standing there waiting for me to leave - as well as couple guys who didn't care and was using the loo anyway.

The really embarrassing part was after I walked out of the men's room and everyone started to applaud - it seems they heard me singing :reject:

Back
Top Bottom