Most embarrassing moments - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2005, 12:02 AM   #31
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:27 PM
ok, there are many... but one that really kinda traumatized me happened a few years ago. this guy i had a massive crush on emailed me. i forwarded it to my friend, and wrote a message at the top about the guy. a couple of hours go by, and she hasn't emailed me back... so i call her and ask why she hasn't written back. her response: "what email?"

yes, i accidentally hit REPLY instead of forward. so i sent the guy i had a crush on a message about HIM (that was intended for my best friend).

needless to say, things didn't work out between us.

Old 11-11-2005, 01:50 AM   #32
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 11:27 AM
i got a little too playful at a blackjack table at the golden nugget once and spilled my date's beer across the felt. the cards were ruined. the dealer had to stop the game and call the pit boss over and we all had to wait while they dried the felt, and then open and shuffle a new deck. i was a million shades of red. the people at the table started to get fidgety and every second was like torture.

it was SO uncool.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:15 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:27 AM
wow, I started this thread a long time ago, Ive got another one, I posted it in my journal last night cause thats when it happened, but for those who didnt see........I assumed a girl was pregnant last night!

ok, here's the story. She came into my bar with a bunch of friends, and they were all drinking, she was drinking only water all night. She did Karaoke, and I saw what looked like a bump. So the next time she came up to the bar for yet another water, she said " god, I cant wait till I can drink again". So me, being me replied ' oh cool, so when are you due"?

AHHHHH!

I later found out she wasnt pregnant, she was just on meds after a surgery. BOOOOO DMP!

But hey, it all kinda added up. But my advice, dont ever assume that ever ever ever ever!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:52 AM   #34
Refugee

Local Time: 07:27 PM
Great Stories!

Just thought of one when I was a freshman playing basketball, the first game of the season we were up by 20 points with 20 seconds to go, and i stole the ball and went around the back and layed it up. My coach got all pissed and pulled me out of the game with 10 seconds and yelled at me for showing off and sat me down. After the game we had to watch and support the varsity team, I had my headphones on, and i was listening to U2 "I will Follow" and i was singing along to it, loud enough to let my teamates hear how great U2 was. I was about half way up the bleachers, pretty far from the plaers bench, and all of a sudden I see all the players and the coaches all turn and look at me, and everyone in front of me turn there heads back and look at me, and my buddy was hitting me trying to tell me something. I took my headphones off, and the arena was dead silent, they were just about to start the national anthem, and everybody heard me singing "I Will Follow". After the game the Varsity coach had a talk with me, and he couldnt help but laugh at what had happened.

I guess you just had to be there
Old 11-11-2005, 03:17 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:27 AM
My roommate walked in on me shaving my coin purse.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:25 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 00Kevin
The most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me, was when i clogged the toilet in the hotel during my eight grade d.c trip, and i had to call room service because we didn't have plunger, and they sent this guy up, who came with a high tech looking machine, and spent a good ten minutes in battle with the toilet. Anyways, that was pretty bad
Old 11-11-2005, 07:40 AM   #37
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
I get REALLY nervous reading aloud and absolutely hate it because my eyes and brain usually get ahead of my mouth, so I misread/skip/combine/mangle words. When I was around ten or eleven years I had to read a passage from Acts in church.

When I got to the verse that says, "For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth," I said "genitals" instead of "Gentiles."

Being the only Irish kid in my class at school, I was asked to explain "The Troubles". I think I lost them when I mixed up "prostitutes" and "protestants"....
Old 11-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
My roommate walked in on me shaving my coin purse.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #39
Acrobat

My most embarassing moments...

Recently accidentally opening the neighbor's mail, only to find a sex toy in the package.

We were once having a cookout, the kids fell asleep so I put them to bed and brought the baby monitor outside where we were. Went in a few minutes later with my SIL and I started talking shit about one of the guys outside. Looked out the window, and to my horror, everyone was listening, including the guy.

Most embarassing moment I caused someone else...

When I was young, maybe four or five, my mom and I went in to a pet store. Another mom came in pushing her infant in a stroller. I walked over to the baby and said "You're a cute little bastard!" Apparently I thought this was an affectionate term...

Also, mom told me when I was even younger, we were grocery shopping one day. A black lady was shopping just in front of us. Mom was mortified because I got excited and started shrieking "Momma, look at the chocolate lady!" She kept trying to get me to hush, but I'd only say it louder "But momma, look at the chocolate lady!"
Old 11-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
When I was a little kid I was at church with my mum and they were doing communion. The vicar was saying the usual 'blood of Christ....blood of Christ.....' and my mum says my eyes lit up like a penny had just dropped in my brain and I piped up (very loudly) with...

'Bloody Christ!!! Bloody Christ!!!'
Old 11-11-2005, 03:49 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

oh and apparantly another time when I was little, my mum was spending ages looking at clothes in marks and spencers and I was really bored. So I went up and told the lady behind that cash desk that my mummy had abandoned me

My mum says she looked up to see this school ma'am type shop assistant looming over her saying 'your daughter says you have ABANDONED her!!!!'

this happened only a couple of weeks after my mum looked up from looking at more kids clothes in M&S to see my brother gleefully letting off the fire extinguisher all over the place
Old 11-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

a quick one..

I worked in a baby department at a large store...customers were looking for crib bedding and asked what they would need...I rattled off the usual bumper, etc..and a fitted sheet...well I didn't say fitted sheet..I said they would need "shitted feet"
Old 11-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MandyMarie

When I was young, maybe four or five, my mom and I went in to a pet store. Another mom came in pushing her infant in a stroller. I walked over to the baby and said "You're a cute little bastard!" Apparently I thought this was an affectionate term...
That one was just on a few days ago.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:27 PM
one time i was walking to my bus stop with daisy, and i felt something stick me in my chin. i heard a few guys laughing at me, kind of catcalling. i looked down, and there was my underwire bra coming out from my blouse. i took out the wire really quickly so daisy couldnt see what was going on, and i kind of shoved it in my purse.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #45
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

That one was just on a few days ago.
Whatcha mean?