Most dissapointing albums of 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elvis Presley said:
oh i knew that Tyson code....

:wink:

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers this. One day a few years ago on a random whim I went back entered the code and FINALLY beat Iron Mike. Never could accomplish that when I was little. I still have never been able to beat the Super Macho Man. That super spin punch always gets me at some point.

Unfortunately my Nintendo has now retired me.

Zoomerang96 said:
i don't get why wilco's latest is taking so much slack...not just from you guys, but from a lot of other people too.

oh well.

I'm a Yankee Hotel Foxtrot girl myself but Ghost was meant to be played and heard live.

If I haven't said it lately, best American live band.

And maybe they're also one of those bands that you get into more once you know their story and who they are and what they're all about.

HelloAngel said:
Far and away it has to be Interpol - Antics.

I could go with this as well. It just leaves me cold.

And REM would've been disappointing except that I haven't really loved anything since Out of Time so I kind've assumed it would be disappointing yet I always hold out hope.

This thread just shows how personal musical tastes are. Quite interesting, some of my absolute favorite albums of the year have been mentioned here also. What is absolutely beautiful and amazing to some people is the exact opposite to others.

Guess it just goes to show that you really can't trust what anyone else says about an album (whether that be media hype, music reviews, or friends), and have to always decide for yourself.

It's interesting to see who likes what and why, though.

New rule: stop hanging out for your pet band's new 'eagerly anticipated' record to be wonderful. It might not be.

This is something I try to live by since REM, U2, The Cure, PJ Harvey and a number of others stopped being all that exciting.

Snow Patrol - not sure if it was 04 or not, but talk about a snooze-fest

REM's "Around the Sun" - Aside from the first few songs, I was a little disapointed by the lack of depth to some of the songs. The title track is good though.

The Darkness' "Permission to Land" - I was REALLY into this around Jan/Feb, but now whenever I put it in I find myself skipping tracks, and before I know it I've skipped all the way back to track 1.

Badly Drawn Boy - Very poorly written. Then again, he hasn't really done anything good since "Hour of the Bewilderbeast"

Norah Jones - the first CD was soo good. what happened?

Dr_Macphisto said:
Snow Patrol - not sure if it was 04 or not, but talk about a snooze-fest

REM's "Around the Sun" - Aside from the first few songs, I was a little disapointed by the lack of depth to some of the songs. The title track is good though.

The Darkness' "Permission to Land" - I was REALLY into this around Jan/Feb, but now whenever I put it in I find myself skipping tracks, and before I know it I've skipped all the way back to track 1.

agreed, agreed and boy, do i do that too. one hit wonders, now get outta here. and to think, even i was diggin' em a lot about a year ago. see ya!

WinnieThePoo said:
PJ Harvey last album was not that bad

Agreed. While I didn't think it was as cohesive as "Stories..." I did love "Badminty," "Pocket Knife" and "Who the Fuck?"

I loved Uh Huh when it was first released and I played it to death for a week or two and now I realize I haven't listened to it since except for a couple of songs that became regulars on my mixes this year. :reject:

i think the us roughnecks album came out in 2004, but i can't be bothered to check. i was really dissapointed with that album. lame, uninspired the forgotten-type rip-offs...

Well, an album can only be disappointing if you expect it to be good, so with that in mind, I wasn't disappointed with the new REM or Cure albums. Since those bands haven't made a great album in over a decade, I didn't expect much, and that's what I got.
In order to avoid disappointment, I try to keep my standards very low. :wink:

i disagree with those who mention Wilco's ghost

as if y'all wanted to know that

u2popmofo said:
Wilco

And I wasnt even expecting that much.

The new Wilco album was my favorite of the year, how dare you not like it!

;) Just kidding, just thought I'd respectfully disagree...

Back
Top Bottom