Most dissapointing albums.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
What in your opinion, are the most dissapointing albums you have heard/bought...

Here are a few of mine......

Red Hot Chili Peppers - One Hot Minute(a misstep for sure, heroin anyone?)

R.E.M.- Monster(wow, great band goes shit)

Live - Secret Samahdi (is this even the same band?)

Oasis - Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants(every song except one ive heard on thier other albums...twice)

Lenny Kravitz- everything after mama said.....(nuff said)

Peter Gabriel- Up (we had to wait this long for this?)

The Walkmen- Everyone who pretended to like me is gone (after all the hype from the saturn ad I got it, listened, listened again, and fell deep asleep)

im sure I can think of more........give me time.....:wink:

I agree with every single disappoint section you named Elvis.

REM - Reveal (has to be the overall worst album they've ever released, 7 of the 12 songs all sound the same-like crap)

Elvis Presley said:

Live - Secret Samahdi (is this even the same band?)

:sad: favroutie album by one of my top favourite bands, i didn't find it dissapointing at all

everclear--whatever the new one's called....

rem--reveal SUCKS. i love rem, but the album is terrible.

I dont know, I think Reveal is so-so, its no Automatic for the People, Document, or even New Adventures in Hi-Fi, but its certainly alot better than that damned Monster.........when that came out I was really into REM too, figures....:down:

IWB, that Live album was a big dropoff from thier previous album, I am a fan though, saw them once live as well, lots of energy....:up:

i don't even remember what monster has on it :reject: *digs through tapes to find it*

yeah throwing copper's great...*grumble* it's not you EP, it's just that it's this general consensous that throwing copper was the only good live album, secret samdhi sucks, they haven't broke up yet? and so on...

Pete Yorn's new one "Day I Forgot." Bleaagh! What a let down after his phenomenal debut.

I like Monster and Day I Forgot. :reject:

Most disappointing for me would be The White Stripes White Blood Cells, Jeff Buckley's Grace, Fischerspooner's #1, Cooper Temple Clause's See This Through & Leave....:hmm: I'll think of others later.

INXS- Elegantly Wasted

Chemical Brothers- (the last one)

OLP - Gravity

HeadsOnSticks said:
Pete Yorn's new one "Day I Forgot." Bleaagh! What a let down after his phenomenal debut.

Ive only had it for a few days, but so far I dont care for it, I need more time though.....

:|

Radiohead - Kid A
-- I've always preferred Amnesiac. Please don't rip me to shreds for this...

The Tea Party - Interzone Mantras
-- Jeff Martin drove me up the wall on this record

Paul Simon - Rhythm of the Saints
-- This one just never did it for me

meegannie said:
I like Monster and Day I Forgot. :reject:

Most disappointing for me would be The White Stripes White Blood Cells, Jeff Buckley's Grace, [

Grace?!?! Yikes!

Weezer - The Lion and the Witch EP (Weezer is a great live band, but this is a horrible live EP :down: )

HeadsOnSticks said:

I agree. What a WASTE of $8.

I had to special order it, so it was a waste of like $14 for me!!! Ick.

I find it odd considering I consider both of the Weezer concerts I went to to be some of the best concerts I've ever seen. Cant believe that the live EP was such a pile of poo.

I'd like to nominate Van Halen 3...a genuine piece of shit from one of the best bands in history....

Also, Shangri-La-Di-Da by STP.......Scott Weiland's boring when he's not on drugs...

All That You Can't Leave Behind

Every U2 album except the last one have been special to me in one way or another, and that includes Boy and October. Even though I felt The Joshua Tree was a bit overrated and I very rarely ever listen to Rattle 'n Hum, I still feel like those albums represent a part of the U2 I know and love.

I felt the Elevation tour shows that I saw were better than the shows I saw on the JT Tour, ZooTV and Pop tours. Still, ATYCLB was a disappointment for me. I only bought it several weeks after it came out which is unusual for me considering U2 is perhaps my favorite band. I do still listen to ATYCLB but for me it just doesn't measure up to U2's past output.

Last edited:
pub crawler said:
All That You Can't Leave Behind
:yes:

i will admit, when i first heard beautiful day, i was like :eyebrow: partially because it sounded nothing like they said it would. usually it was a good thing, but in this case i was disappointed with the overall sound of the album.

but whatever, i'm not going to derail this into some U2 bashing thread. anyway, i also think that:

R.E.M.'s albums from the mid-90s on have been kinda disappointing. it is like they've become a pale imitation of themselves, especially now that their drummer (sorry, his name is escaping me at the moment) left.

duran duran's album liberty. only the true fan has probably heard of this album, and it's nothing special. my guess is they decided they just had to become a fivesome again, even if they were bringing sub-par musicians into the thread. maybe not necessarily sub-par meaning they suck, but just that they didn't mesh well with the music and the attitude of the band. notorious and big thing were great albums, and then they followed it up with an utter crap album with maybe two or three decent songs. if i were to make a mix cd, i probably wouldn't even include any songs off of this album, and most fans feel the same way. it's probably the constant lowest rated dd album among fans.

blender by collective soul. after dosage, they released a weak album, with an elton john duet? wtf? i loved dosage, and i guess they just tried too hard to duplicate it.

more will probably come to me later.

all that you can leave behind is definitly the most disappointing record i own, without question. the words "punk rock" were used by bono to describe this effort before it was released, but i think the words "light pop ballads" is a better description.

coldplay's latest. id heard so many good things about it, and when i got it i was crushed that i had spent 20 something dollars on it.

that sucks, deathbear. 26 dollar albums...not that you didn't like coldplay and ATYCLB, that's your own fault :wink:

Damned alblums, thats what I like to call them alblums......

another big dissapointment was the new Nada Surf, I loved the first single, but the whole things sucks big time.....

IWasBored said:
that sucks, deathbear. 26 dollar albums...not that you didn't like coldplay and ATYCLB, that's your own fault :wink:

perhaps, but everything is based on personal taste to begin with, eh old boy?

Back
Top Bottom