Most Covered Songs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
So what are some of the most covered songs? Has to be released, live doesn't count unless it was on a live album.

I know Always On My Mind has quite a few...

Brenda Lee
Willie Nelson
Elvis
Pet Shop Boys
Ryan Adams
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

I'm sure there are more versions...

So what are some other highly covered songs?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Pet Shop Boys

The Best! :up:

Unchained Melody's been done by quite a few hasn't it? It's a bit late over here so I'm afraid I can't really go looking for a list as I'm off to bed but I'll have a look later

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_songs#Most_covered_songs

"Most covered songs

The Beatles have been covered more than any other band; "Yesterday" has been covered over three thousand times since its original release in 1965. George Gershwin's "Summertime" (from Porgy and Bess) has had an estimated 2,500 versions recorded. Other songs which have been released many times as cover versions include the infamous "Louie Louie" by Richard Berry, "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" by Jimmy Webb, "We Will Rock You" (Queen), "Free Bird" (Lynyrd Skynyrd), "No Woman No Cry" (Bob Marley & the Wailers), "I Fought the Law" (Bobby Fuller), and many of the less recent works of Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen (as of December 5, 2004, there were at least 940 published cover versions of Cohen songs [1]"

gareth brown said:
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_songs#Most_covered_songs

"Most covered songs

The Beatles have been covered more than any other band; "Yesterday" has been covered over three thousand times since its original release in 1965.

That's amazing. But what's more amazing is I can't think of one other recording that rings a bell. You would think out of 3,000 I'd know one.

the first one that popped into my head was When A Man Loves A Woman. I know at least one person covered that-Michael Bolton

what about Crazy by Patsy Cline?

Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay?

Maybe Thunder Road by Bruce? Or I'm On Fire

Back
Top Bottom