Most Boring/Overplayed songs on the radio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Okay... these are the songs that when played on the radio, make me go "ugh... not again!" and I change the station.

1. Dream On - Aerosmith (they overplay this to death on NY's Q104.3)
2. The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
3. D'yer Mak'er - Led Zeppelin (okay, in this case I never liked this song)
4. Feel Like Makin' Love - Bad Company (WDHA105.5 here plays way too much Bad Co. :mad: )
5. Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
6. Roxanne - The Police
7. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - Green Day
8. Another Brick In The Wall Part II - Pink Floyd :rolleyes:
9. Enter Sandman - Metallica
10. Foolin/Rock Of Ages - Def Leppard
11. Come Together/Hey Jude/Let It Be - The Beatles
12. Panama - Van Halen

Make up your own list. But, remember! These need not necessarily be songs that you dislike/hate... could be ones you're bored to death with, or even a combination of the two. ;)

Well one that springs to mind instantly is Simply the best by Tina Turner - More like Simply the pest!!!!! :madspit:

That's a good list, Zootlesque.

I'd add:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Rock the Casbah - The Clash
Take Me On - A-Ha
My Charona - The Knack
Always Something There to Remind Me - ?? Naked Eyes?

Really, we could go on like this for days. And really, we probably will.

Lately they've been playing "Be Yourself" by Audioslave A LOT. However, I think "Under the Bridge" has been played out so many times that it's lost the original significance it once had with me.

VertigoGal said:
theres a classic rock station around here that plays hotel california way too much, but i dunno if that counts.

i guess just all the new green day stuff:huh:

I meant to add Hotel California but forgot. Why won't it count? :wink:

As much as I love Green Day's Holiday to death, they do overplay it here on the radio. :(

I haven't listened to the radio since 1996, so I'm a happy camper. :)

(I just wanted to share...)

indra said:

:yes: I live off my mix cds :)

but when I turn on the radio (er the rare times that I do...) they seem to overplay: The Killers, Green Day, Metallica, and Nirvana.

indra said:

i don't listen to the radio anymore either. if i do it's my xm radio and i listen to the classic rock or the 80s station. people are always shocked that i've not heard the new good/bad song/artist. i don't listen to the radio, how would i know what interpol's new song sounds like, or even who interpol is for that matter? :shrug: (that was just an example, btw. i do know who interpol is.)

i like it. :D

anything by:

red hot chili peppers
nirvana
killers
system of a down
green day

KhanadaRhodes said:

i like it. :D

Me too! :)

I miss a whole lot of crappy music that way, and the good stuff I find other ways (like friends with great taste).

indra said:
Me too! :)

I miss a whole lot of crappy music that way, and the good stuff I find other ways (like friends with great taste).
exactly! i like to let other people do the sifting for me. they get to sort through all the rocks and find the diamonds for me. :love:

for example, my most recent find is a band called vhs or beta. i discovered them in march when they opened for duran duran. i've been really lucky in that the concerts i've been to (of anyone), i've almost always enjoyed the opening act. the only time i can think of where i didn't was when i saw U2 in 1997 and rage opened for them. :yuck:

KhanadaRhodes said:

exactly! i like to let other people do the sifting for me. they get to sort through all the rocks and find the diamonds for me. :love:

for example, my most recent find is a band called vhs or beta. i discovered them in march when they opened for duran duran. i've been really lucky in that the concerts i've been to (of anyone), i've almost always enjoyed the opening act. the only time i can think of where i didn't was when i saw U2 in 1997 and rage opened for them. :yuck:

I got to liking a band called Sea Ray when they opened for The Church (wouldn't you just know it ;) ) last year. They were picked by one of the Church's guitarists, and they were really good. unfortunately, they have now broken up. But I still love the album I have of theirs.

well where I live, there's not a lot of radio choices (strange). I only get one station that comes thru clearly - supposed to be classic rock. But I can live without these bands they play to death:

The Eagles (and related: Henley, Frey, Walsh...)
Jackson Browne
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rush
Van Halen
Heart
Ozzy (and/or Sabbath)
REO Speedwagon
Supertramp

They just don't play anything current. I love Audioslave, but as far as I know, they haven't played ANYTHING from the new CD at all. But they just debuted the new (cough) Eagles single this week :shifty: It makes me so mad! :rant:

Love when they do their A-Z weeks during the holidays, because that's the only time you hear something out of the ordinary. And for some reason they can't incorporate those songs into the rotation the rest of the year. Pa-leeeeeeze!

Lila64 said:
well where I live, there's not a lot of radio choices (strange).

yeah, there isn't much to choose from here either. There used to be a great little station, but I could only get it about 20 miles west of my house. i did listen to it when I drove to work (I worked about 50 miles west, so I could listen to it for the last 30 miles). It was bought out last year and although it is now an internet only station, I don't have a decent connection, so I really can't even get that.

that's what you get when Clear Channel is allowed to have a monopoly. No freedom of choice. Gee...now I need to find my hubby's Devo CD :giggle:

Lila64 said:
that's what you get when Clear Channel is allowed to have a monopoly. No freedom of choice. Gee...now I need to find my hubby's Devo CD :giggle:

Well... I choose not to listen to it. :yes:

Did you know that one of the guys from Devo is doing a lot of movie score music now?

if radio annoy you that way... why you continue listening to it?

I don't listen radio, I just listen what I want to listen

Anything by AC/DC or Led Zeppelin.

I've never heard "Let It Be" on the radio, but I don't think I could get sick of that song. I've only heard "Hey, Jude" on the oldies station. The only Beatles songs my classic rock station plays with much frequency are "Come Together," "Revolution," and "Sgt. Pepper's... (Reprise)"/"A Day In the Life." I remember they played "She Said, She Said" once when I was in high school, and it kicked ass. The rest of the time, it's crappy seventies cock rock.

The modern rock station just plays crappy Nirvana derivatives.

The pop station just plays hip hop.

Interestingly, I've heard "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" on the modern rock, classic rock, and pop stations. That song gets around.

Last edited:
Jack In The Box said:
if radio annoy you that way... why you continue listening to it?

I don't listen radio, I just listen what I want to listen

:eyebrow: I never said that everything on the radio annoys me. It's just that certain songs, like the ones I mentioned get soooo overplayed by some stations that I get sick of them. For instance, I used to love Another Brick In The Wall Pt. II esp. for that guitar solo at the end and also the killer bass at the beginning. But it gets overplayed so much that I literally change the station these days when it comes on.

What annoys me is that these stations continue to play selected songs from Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall etc. and completely ignore other equally good or better albums like Saucerful of Secrets, Meddle, Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother. It's not just Floyd, they do this with pretty much every band I guess. I'd be surprised if I heard something like You Never Give Me Your Money or She Said She Said (like typhoon said) on the radio.

I still like to listen to the radio though, only in my car on the way back from work, cos NY's 92.3 plays a lot of contemporary rock like Queens of the Stone Age, Killers, Franz etc. which I get to hear for the first time only on the radio. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom