Most Boring/Overplayed songs on the radio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are many, but the only two I can pick out are:

Coldplay - Yellow,
U2 - With Or Without You
and
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

Now with these cases, they are great songs, but they're overplayed no end which ruins them somewhat. In particular, with the second and third, these are special songs that are not for radioplay. I have to DECIDE when I hear Stairway To Heaven, not you Virgin Radio.

Last edited:
I just heard Howie Day's Collide 3 times, each on a different radio station, on the same car trip. :| :huh:

Anything by Shania Twain.

I remember about 5 or 6 years ago Robbie Williams and her just ruled the radio waves here in Britain :mad: :mad:

I stopped listening to the radio years ago. It's all bland and boring, as far as I'm concerned, and commercials drive me mad.

Well, now that I think about it, the last time I listened to the radio was when I was a regular listener of 89X (88.7 out of Detroit/Windsor, Ontario). This station was very interesting in the early-to-mid 1990s. Then came that rap metal shit, and I promptly turned the radio off for good.

Melon

Last edited:
if i hear the new system of a down one more time, i will kill someone. i realize people like them, but all their stuff sounds the same to me. the kambucho mushroom people sitting around all day can go fuck themselves.

really? i don't think i've heard it yet, and i've been listening to the radio lately (hence the hatred toward system of a down). i heard something that might have been it when i was grocery-shopping the other night, but i'm hoping that was an imitation band.

Zoomerang96 said:

hoobastank's 'the reason' was on all the itme...and wow, it never gets easier to listen to, does it?

Man, I truly detest that song. It was on the air for months in my province. Commercial radio here sucks because I think they generally pander to the older crowd, which is a growing majority here in Newfoundland.

I'd love to start my own radio station...ALL u2 ALL the TIME....(said in deep baritone voice). I think I'd call it EOTW....End of the World. I'd play all the classics, b-sides, and every bootleg I could get my hands on. :wink:

angelordevil said:

I'd love to start my own radio station...ALL u2 ALL the TIME....(said in deep baritone voice). I think I'd call it EOTW....End of the World. I'd play all the classics, b-sides, and every bootleg I could get my hands on. :wink:

I hate to say it, but you'd probably hate U2 by the top of the hour!

As a side note, for a while in my area we had an all Garth Brooks channel:wink:

Rock Radio is not all bad though, in my opinion. Of course, I listen to it only during my work commute and no other time. But I can't deny that I enjoy it sometimes. Like the time when NY's Q104.3 played all U2 all weekend long. They did an A - Z of U2. Every single song of theirs including some rare tracks were played. And 92.3 plays a lot of stuff I like right now.. Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Green Day, Queens of the Stone Age, Coldplay, Muse, Snow Patrol, Keane, Velvet Revolver and so on. Sure, they overplay certain songs... like Ozzy's Mississippi Queen :mad: But you always have so many choices for stations anyway. :shrug: And I don't watch TV. Radio's pretty much the only way I get to hear new music... QOTSA's Little Sister ( :rockon: ), Franz's Take Me Out (tempted me to get the cd), Jet's Are you gonna... (again made me interested enough to get the cd) etc. etc.

I admit I'm not as thrilled with my Jet purchase as I was with Franz or Green Day. Although... despite the almost throwaway Cold Hard Bitch & Are you gonna be my girl, there are a few interesting ones in there like Lazy Gun and Timothy. Pink Floyd meets Oasis? :happy:

Zootlesque said:
Although... despite the almost throwaway Cold Hard Bitch & Are you gonna be my girl, there are a few interesting ones in there like Lazy Gun and Timothy.

Pink Floyd meets Oasis?...

...in a dark alley while both incredibly intoxicated. Really, Jet's aim to rip off every band they can bothers me, and lyrically :yuck:

Mind you I met the guys once at a Finn Brothers concert... very funny running into them.

I'll say this much - the most radio-ruined song ever - the standard by which all radio-ruined songs are measured - is Creed's 'Higher'. I remember the first time I heard that song. I liked it. Not loved it, but liked it. After hearing it 27350835027353275029875275083570237375837523750275032750932752375093275752983570837502573250753803250983750275023758327598237509237502975925 more times, I now hate it. I can' t listen to it.

IWasBored said:
really? i don't think i've heard it yet, and i've been listening to the radio lately (hence the hatred toward system of a down). i heard something that might have been it when i was grocery-shopping the other night, but i'm hoping that was an imitation band.

Your right, I mostly heard that song ("Speed Of Sound") on MTV and VH1. Does it still count?

Back
Top Bottom