Most Boring/Overplayed songs on the radio! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xtihn
system of a down

Old 06-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i like it.
Me too!

I miss a whole lot of crappy music that way, and the good stuff I find other ways (like friends with great taste).

Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:07 AM
Losing My Religion - R.E.M

I swear I hear this every day at work within 30 mins of 3:00 pm. It's like clockwork.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:23 PM   #19
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Me too!

I miss a whole lot of crappy music that way, and the good stuff I find other ways (like friends with great taste).
exactly! i like to let other people do the sifting for me. they get to sort through all the rocks and find the diamonds for me.

for example, my most recent find is a band called vhs or beta. i discovered them in march when they opened for duran duran. i've been really lucky in that the concerts i've been to (of anyone), i've almost always enjoyed the opening act. the only time i can think of where i didn't was when i saw U2 in 1997 and rage opened for them.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by xtihn
anything by:
system of a down
x 1,000,000,000,000,000 99/100

Vile, putrid, pathetic caterwauling hacks!!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:31 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

exactly! i like to let other people do the sifting for me. they get to sort through all the rocks and find the diamonds for me.

for example, my most recent find is a band called vhs or beta. i discovered them in march when they opened for duran duran. i've been really lucky in that the concerts i've been to (of anyone), i've almost always enjoyed the opening act. the only time i can think of where i didn't was when i saw U2 in 1997 and rage opened for them.
I got to liking a band called Sea Ray when they opened for The Church (wouldn't you just know it ) last year. They were picked by one of the Church's guitarists, and they were really good. unfortunately, they have now broken up. But I still love the album I have of theirs.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:32 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:07 AM
the ones i can think of

aerosmith, bon jovi, gwen stefani, led zeppelin, killers , green day, bravery, nirvana, queens of the stone age, foo fighters,
Old 06-03-2005, 10:35 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:07 AM
well where I live, there's not a lot of radio choices (strange). I only get one station that comes thru clearly - supposed to be classic rock. But I can live without these bands they play to death:

The Eagles (and related: Henley, Frey, Walsh...)
Jackson Browne
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rush
Van Halen
Heart
Ozzy (and/or Sabbath)
REO Speedwagon
Supertramp

They just don't play anything current. I love Audioslave, but as far as I know, they haven't played ANYTHING from the new CD at all. But they just debuted the new (cough) Eagles single this week It makes me so mad!

Love when they do their A-Z weeks during the holidays, because that's the only time you hear something out of the ordinary. And for some reason they can't incorporate those songs into the rotation the rest of the year. Pa-leeeeeeze!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
well where I live, there's not a lot of radio choices (strange).
yeah, there isn't much to choose from here either. There used to be a great little station, but I could only get it about 20 miles west of my house. i did listen to it when I drove to work (I worked about 50 miles west, so I could listen to it for the last 30 miles). It was bought out last year and although it is now an internet only station, I don't have a decent connection, so I really can't even get that.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor

that's what you get when Clear Channel is allowed to have a monopoly. No freedom of choice. Gee...now I need to find my hubby's Devo CD
Old 06-03-2005, 11:06 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
that's what you get when Clear Channel is allowed to have a monopoly. No freedom of choice. Gee...now I need to find my hubby's Devo CD
Well... I choose not to listen to it.

Did you know that one of the guys from Devo is doing a lot of movie score music now?
Old 06-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

Motherbaugh has done a lot of stuff (Nickelodeon...). Yep...good old days of D-E-V-O
Old 06-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:07 AM
if radio annoy you that way... why you continue listening to it?

I don't listen radio, I just listen what I want to listen
Old 06-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #29
New Yorker

Anything by AC/DC or Led Zeppelin.

I've never heard "Let It Be" on the radio, but I don't think I could get sick of that song. I've only heard "Hey, Jude" on the oldies station. The only Beatles songs my classic rock station plays with much frequency are "Come Together," "Revolution," and "Sgt. Pepper's... (Reprise)"/"A Day In the Life." I remember they played "She Said, She Said" once when I was in high school, and it kicked ass. The rest of the time, it's crappy seventies cock rock.

The modern rock station just plays crappy Nirvana derivatives.

The pop station just plays hip hop.

Interestingly, I've heard "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" on the modern rock, classic rock, and pop stations. That song gets around.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack In The Box
if radio annoy you that way... why you continue listening to it?

I don't listen radio, I just listen what I want to listen
I never said that everything on the radio annoys me. It's just that certain songs, like the ones I mentioned get soooo overplayed by some stations that I get sick of them. For instance, I used to love Another Brick In The Wall Pt. II esp. for that guitar solo at the end and also the killer bass at the beginning. But it gets overplayed so much that I literally change the station these days when it comes on.

What annoys me is that these stations continue to play selected songs from Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall etc. and completely ignore other equally good or better albums like Saucerful of Secrets, Meddle, Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother. It's not just Floyd, they do this with pretty much every band I guess. I'd be surprised if I heard something like You Never Give Me Your Money or She Said She Said (like typhoon said) on the radio.

I still like to listen to the radio though, only in my car on the way back from work, cos NY's 92.3 plays a lot of contemporary rock like Queens of the Stone Age, Killers, Franz etc. which I get to hear for the first time only on the radio.