Most Boring/Overplayed songs on the radio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jack In The Box said:
if radio annoy you that way... why you continue listening to it?

I don't listen radio, I just listen what I want to listen
i agree with JintheB. i can't stand most of the stuff on the radio (although i haven't listened to it in over 10 years - maybe things have changed, but judging from this thread, i think not).

i absolutely hate having to sit through a bunch of mediocre/terrible music, just to finally hear a half decent song. so i just listen to my own CD's and my ipod.

i'd rather seek out new music i like, rather than wait for it to be played on the radio. in fact, if a band i like gets played on the radio, it may be time to move on.

and yes, i realize U2 gets played on the radio.

a lot.

anything by the boyband "killers" or something...:sexywink:

no, no, as much as i think they're over-rated, there's far worse on the radio.

hoobastank's 'the reason' was on all the itme...and wow, it never gets easier to listen to, does it?

maroon 5's 'she will be loved' made its rounds.

etc

with this, the rob thomas thread, and all the threads about the new coldplay, this place is becoming a real haven for sucky music. :down:

lmjhitman said:
with this, the rob thomas thread, and all the threads about the new coldplay, this place is becoming a real haven for sucky music. :down:

:eyebrow: Hey, there's nothing wrong in discussing about why radio stations overplay certain songs. That's what I hoped this thread would stay as. This is not a thread about sucky songs. I LIKE many of those songs in the original post.

Anything by Kiss or Motley Crue ... these bands should be "put-to-rest" ... once and for all !!
Also, cannot forget Green Day's "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" or "Holiday" ... absolutely sick-to-death of hearing those as well ...

1stepcloser said:
Aerosmith have to be the worst band ever.

Back In The Saddle and Sweet Emotion are a couple of great songs. I'm no big fan of Aerosmith, but I can't agree that they're the worst ever.

aerosmith aren't the worst ever - there are worse. i certainly don't care for them, and i find them to be awfully creepy these days.

that rob thomas song is disgustingly wretched, and begs me to cut down forrests and other necessities vital to a healthy ecosystem.

shit, that's a great paragraph isn't it? where do i come up with this?

:up: zoomerang96 :up:

My pet peeves would include:

(1) Anything by Shania Twain
(2) Anything by Bon Jovi
(3) Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
(4) Anything by Annie Lennox (I don't mind the Eurythmics though)

and of course, the aforementioned My Sharona.

I just find it hilarious that I found myself agreeing with so many of the choices even though I live on the other side of the 'pond'.

M.O.R. radio stations are the same the world over it seems.

I'm in Orlando, and Kelly Clarkson is played once every 5 minutes...I'm surprised my brain hasn't melted yet

Since U Been Gone will be my torture if I go to hell

Zoomerang96 said:
aerosmith aren't the worst ever - there are worse. i certainly don't care for them, and i find them to be awfully creepy these days.
that rob thomas song is disgustingly wretched, and begs me to cut down forrests and other necessities vital to a healthy ecosystem.

:eyebrow:

shit, that's a great paragraph isn't it? where do i come up with this?

:up: zoomerang96 :up:

possibly your anus. just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone wants to know?

:love: zoomerang96:love:

Here is my list:

1. Walk This Way - Aerosmith
2. Money For Nothing - Dire Straits (song is played every 3 hrs on the local classic rock station)
3. Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. When Love Comes to Town - U2 *yes I said it*
5. Pride - U2 *yes I said it again*
6. My Sharona - by an unknown band, song makes me want to hurt a lot of people
7. Toxic - Britney Spears
8. Lonley No More - Rob Thomas
9. Clocks - Coldplay
10. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
11. The Reason :mad: x's 1000000000 - Hoobastank
12. Roxanne - The Police

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:love: zoomerang96:love:

Here is my list:

9. Clocks - Coldplay
11. The Reason :mad: x's 1000000000 - Hoobastank

yeh good call on clocks, if i see that video one more time where chris martin looks like he's trying to bash his head into the piano keys........grrr:mad:

in fact i've changed my mind about Aerosmith. i was at my mates uni a few months back and while we were on his Playstation he played me the latest Hoobastank album.......i've never heard anything so bad in my life. i was actually GLAD to hear 'the reason' because the rest of it was so awful!

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Hoobastank really are, the worst band ever.

I thank you :wink:

senrab said:
Uncle Kracker

ARGH. :mad: What was the name of that song of his? Something about everything being all right, and there being someone to tuck someone in at night? I loathe that song. SO MUCH.

Every time I tune into either the "best" of the '80s '90s and today station or the classic rock station (not that I do very often anymore) they seem to be playing Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer." The local commercial radio station programmers must hate me! Thank God for the college/public radio station.

Back
Top Bottom