most annoying member of interference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

most annoying member of interference

• the regulars at pleba

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • the forum known as pleba

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • the forum where girls discuss how hot u2's 80 year old manager is

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • the forum where insane, and seriously messed up stories are written about lusting for u2 in the swee

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • pleba

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if i ever do something like that, feel free to smack me.....but don't assume that all of us are cliquey, k? i'm a totally open person......

Hmmmm..... I seriously think that combined with the topic of this thread as conversation, Zoomerang should've put in the following five to vote from, rather than what's there, as.....

A - The person who's name rhymes with Boomerang

B- The person whos first part of name is another word for 'speed' and 'fast'.

C - The person who not only sounds like but possibly acts like 'Orangutan'

D - The person whos so annoying we'd all like to 'hang'

E - The person whos so bitchy and up his own arse about Pleba, we wanna knock him out with a 'bang'

:D

Salome said:

personally I don't even mind the drooling (as long as it stays with that) in PLEBA, since that is what PLEBA was meant for
I am more bothered by the fact that it has turned into this community of it's own that likes to present itself to all other Interferencers as being a seperate community

Salome I'm asking this sincerely, not aggressively (even though the rest of this thread is absolutely ridiculous and I cant believe it's still going on BUT..)

I dont understand what you mean by the last part? You don't like how people refer to themselves as PLEBAns? I guess I don't understand the harm in it. :scratch:

I was thinking the same thing ...

I suppose that PLEBANS are unique among interferencers in that we do tend to present ourselves as a community, but I don't think it's bad taht we have formed a "family."

That's what forums are supoosed to do ... unite people with common interests. Just a totally random hypothesis, but maybe the high percentage of females in PLEBA have caused us to bond more that other goups.

WTFE

Zoomerang96 said:
i know you are extremely attracted to me, and that goes to you to ghetofabulous.

anim-dead.gif
:down:

Salome said:
I am more bothered by the fact that it has turned into this community of it's own that likes to present itself to all other Interferencers as being a seperate community

Well here is my 2 cents:

There are people who only go into PLEBA, either because a.) they have no interest in visiting the other forums or b.) are afraid to venture out as it were due to the stereotype that is attached to PLEBA.

I know for me that outside of PLEBA, I feel somewhat ignored. Meaning that not many people give a response to one of my posts, or I am sometimes given a cold shoulder. Sometimes I don't know if it is just because I don't participate in the other forums much, or if it is a function of the "PLEBA" label.

Now I wasn't around when this separation between PLEBA and the rest of interference started happening. But I am curious to know whether it was PLEBA girls that distanced themselves from the rest of the board, or if the rest of the board distanced themselves from PLEBA.

Sometimes, and I'm not trying to pick on anyone here, it seems like PLEBA is treated as Interference's "dirty little secret." When you see people posting negative things about PLEBA, it shouldn't be surprising that some people would not want to either go into the PLEBA section, or venture out of it.

daisybean said:

Well here is my 2 cents:

There are people who only go into PLEBA, either because a.) they have no interest in visiting the other forums or b.) are afraid to venture out as it were due to the stereotype that is attached to PLEBA.

But I don't know who's PLEABn or not!
To tell you the truth, I just assume all girls come from PLEBA

Well if everyone is throwing there penny in the pot here is mine.

I only use to go to ZC. I was in the chat one day and some one told me to go there and I just stayed there. Then some one told me to go here and look at some thing. After that I ventured out some and looked at other ones but have resolved not to post in them. I have once or twice in other ones when I want to say some thing and it belongs in another place.

The reason why I don't really venture is because I can not keep up. I feel that I miss things and don't get things and I would be checking all the time. I hate the feeling of not being up to date. I see how often peps post in PLEBA (hey that rhymed) and I just don't wanna keep up.

I know that seems kinda goofy, but I am goofy so it makes sense to me.

oliveu2cm said:
I dont understand what you mean by the last part? You don't like how people refer to themselves as PLEBAns? I guess I don't understand the harm in it. :scratch:
the question was why there will always be people who feel very strongly against pleba
the only answer I can come up with is that it gets annoying that even in other forums people keep presenting themselves as being part of pleba (it's the only answer I can come up with, because I do agree that if you don't like it then you just shouldn't read it)

I agree that in itself presenting yourself as being part of pleba doesn't do any harm
on the other hand it also doesn't serve any purpose
and whether it's logical or not it does piss people off

well getting pissed off because people refer to themselves as PLEBAns seems childish to me. *shrug*

I guess overall I'd have to agree with JessicaAnn:

JessicaAnn said:
I was thinking the same thing ...

I suppose that PLEBANS are unique among interferencers in that we do tend to present ourselves as a community, but I don't think it's bad taht we have formed a "family."

That's what forums are supoosed to do ... unite people with common interests. Just a totally random hypothesis, but maybe the high percentage of females in PLEBA have caused us to bond more that other goups.

It does not annoy me when people do that.

I can however see when people get annoyed. Like it some inside click or joke that keeps getting referenced in a group of people who are all not in on it or know it and get tired of it. I guess that is the only way I can rationalize it on how some people may feel.

yes forums are supposed to unite people

seperating yourself from other forum members by representing yourself as being part of a smaller group doesn't unite

you may think it's very childish to react that way
remember though that presenting yourself as being a PLEBAn (instead of - hell, I don't know - yourself maybe) can also be seen as being pretty childish

anyway,
I didn't write my opinion to decide what is childish and what isn't
I posted it because I feel it is the main reason why this arguement surfaces time & time again

ghetofabu said:
It does not annoy me when people do that.

I can however see when people get annoyed. Like it some inside click or joke that keeps getting referenced in a group of people who are all not in on it or know it and get tired of it. I guess that is the only way I can rationalize it on how some people may feel.

Ahh.. I see.

So some people's showing of 'friendship', common interest, or what have you- is interpreted as being secretive, having cliques or being elitist?

I dont think PLEBAns intentionally give off this impression, and the ones I know certainly don't feel like that. And I agree with Daisy that at first venturing into other forums can be intimidating if all you're used to is PLEBA which I find is a pretty supportive community. But I don't agree with some people's offensive and downright immature display of their feelings.

Anyway.. I think that's all from me. As soon as the next album comes out we can all have more important things to focus our attention on rather than these (petty) discussions.

Salome said:
yes forums are supposed to unite people

seperating yourself from other forum members by representing yourself as being part of a smaller group doesn't unite

you may think it's very childish to react that way
remember though that presenting yourself as being a PLEBAn (instead of - hell, I don't know - yourself maybe) can also be seen as being pretty childish

anyway,
I didn't write my opinion to decide what is childish and what isn't
I posted it because I feel it is the main reason why this arguement surfaces time & time again

Oops didn't see this before I posted.

To be honest with you I never even thought about referencing PLEBA in another forum or not before. It's not like a conscious decision to say "Oh lemme rub it in people's faces" or something :no: I actually do consider that I am representing myself and not PLEBA, but on the other hand I think my posts are insightful so it should show that not everyone who frequents PLEBA are immature or whatever. but I'll also understand that you may not be necessarily remarking against me, but against PLEBAns as a whole (?)

Actually I'm glad u explained that and ghetofabu did so ever further. I'm just being honest when I say that getting "pissed off" is confusing to me over something so.. small. :huh:

But like I just said I don't condone the immature way in which the topic was initially brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom