most annoying member of interference - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: most annoying member of interference
the regulars at pleba 3 12.50%
the forum known as pleba 1 4.17%
the forum where girls discuss how hot u2's 80 year old manager is 2 8.33%
the forum where insane, and seriously messed up stories are written about lusting for u2 in the sweet sack of love 13 54.17%
pleba 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2002, 12:44 PM   #76
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:26 AM
yes forums are supposed to unite people

seperating yourself from other forum members by representing yourself as being part of a smaller group doesn't unite

you may think it's very childish to react that way
remember though that presenting yourself as being a PLEBAn (instead of - hell, I don't know - yourself maybe) can also be seen as being pretty childish

anyway,
I didn't write my opinion to decide what is childish and what isn't
I posted it because I feel it is the main reason why this arguement surfaces time & time again

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 07-09-2002, 12:51 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ghetofabu
It does not annoy me when people do that.

I can however see when people get annoyed. Like it some inside click or joke that keeps getting referenced in a group of people who are all not in on it or know it and get tired of it. I guess that is the only way I can rationalize it on how some people may feel.
Ahh.. I see.

So some people's showing of 'friendship', common interest, or what have you- is interpreted as being secretive, having cliques or being elitist?

I dont think PLEBAns intentionally give off this impression, and the ones I know certainly don't feel like that. And I agree with Daisy that at first venturing into other forums can be intimidating if all you're used to is PLEBA which I find is a pretty supportive community. But I don't agree with some people's offensive and downright immature display of their feelings.

Anyway.. I think that's all from me. As soon as the next album comes out we can all have more important things to focus our attention on rather than these (petty) discussions.

Old 07-09-2002, 12:58 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
yes forums are supposed to unite people

seperating yourself from other forum members by representing yourself as being part of a smaller group doesn't unite

you may think it's very childish to react that way
remember though that presenting yourself as being a PLEBAn (instead of - hell, I don't know - yourself maybe) can also be seen as being pretty childish

anyway,
I didn't write my opinion to decide what is childish and what isn't
I posted it because I feel it is the main reason why this arguement surfaces time & time again
Oops didn't see this before I posted.

To be honest with you I never even thought about referencing PLEBA in another forum or not before. It's not like a conscious decision to say "Oh lemme rub it in people's faces" or something I actually do consider that I am representing myself and not PLEBA, but on the other hand I think my posts are insightful so it should show that not everyone who frequents PLEBA are immature or whatever. but I'll also understand that you may not be necessarily remarking against me, but against PLEBAns as a whole (?)

Actually I'm glad u explained that and ghetofabu did so ever further. I'm just being honest when I say that getting "pissed off" is confusing to me over something so.. small.

But like I just said I don't condone the immature way in which the topic was initially brought up.