Morrissey's upcoming album info...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I'm not sure if anyone else has been following all of this, but there's been some recent press so I thought I'd bring it up for discussion.

Major Points:
1. Morrissey's upcoming album will be released on Sanctuary records.... (Sanctuary has been a primarily Metal label, but has recently started trying to sign artists of different genres. Bunbury can probably reiterate this).
2. Jerry Finn is the upcoming album's producer (Most recently coproduced the latest AFI album, has worked on MANY punk rock albums for many bands (Rancid, Bad Religion, etc) and is a big name within the punk world).

Here's an article that just came out today with Morrissey's guitarist saying it's Morrissey's best album ever:
http://www.nme.com/news/107193.htm

I dont know what to think, it's definitely sounding interesting so far. A cross between Vauxhaul and I/Your Arsenal would definitely be appreciated. The record label and producer are some interesting choices.

Yea, u2popmofo, Sanctuary is somewhat of a metal label, I think they have Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, some other metal acts and I think they are The Strokes label also :huh:
Anyways, the producer of the new album is more pop oriented from the list of artists he has worked with, so this new Moz album should be interesting. He hasn't released anything official since 1998!. definitely going to check it out, and see him on tour hopefully :wink:

interesting

jerry finn worked on the last alkaline trio album too...i don't know, i had to look it up to find that out cos the name didn't ring a bell.

i remember hearing once that morrissey was neither straight or gay.....:reject: is this 'true'? if so can someone please elaborate......
and another :reject: moment although i consider myself a smiths fan and have 4 of their albums, i have yet to have heard more than 2 or 3 Morrisey songs, whats his best solo cd so far?

THANKS!

elevation2u said:
i remember hearing once that morrissey was neither straight or gay.....:reject: is this 'true'? if so can someone please elaborate......
and another :reject: moment although i consider myself a smiths fan and have 4 of their albums, i have yet to have heard more than 2 or 3 Morrisey songs, whats his best solo cd so far?

THANKS!

He, much like Michael Stipe used to be, prefers not to talk about his sexual orientation in interviews. He doesnt believe it's anyones' business but his own.

Morrissey's best solo album..... Fan favorites are usually 'Your Arsenal' or 'Vauxhall and I' (my fav). Or you could get one of the many compilation/best of's that exist of his solo stuff.

I agree that Your Arsenal and Vauxhall and I are great choices to start out listening to solo Morrissey, with Your Arsenal being my favorite. The great songs on VAI tend to be so good they make the others look worse than they actually are, whereas I think YA is more consistent across all the songs, though the stand-out songs aren't as stand-out as the ones on VAI. Does that make any sense? :| Probably not, but my point is, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. :up:

ah well, I'm curious if this new album will indeed turn out to be that good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom