Morrissey: One Messed-Up Guy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Now, I don't want to start any fights here, because I'm sure there have to people here who just *adore* the Smiths and the bundle of hirsute misery that is Morrissey. And, honestly, I kind of like some songs by the Smiths and Morrissey, like "The National Front Disco."

BUT: I have to say that I feel that Morrissey is One Messed Up Guy. I was reading a The Severed Alliance (about Morrissey and...and...Marr? Johnny Marr? That's his name, right?) and I just got to thinking: this guy has problems. And anyone who writes a song like "Jack the Ripper" has a few screws loose.

Like I mentioned before, I'm sick this evening and I had a nightmare with Morrissey in it last night (God only knows why). Also, this guy I used to have this thing with (who also was messed up in the head) had 2 heroes: Morrissey and Ezra Pound. So that has something to do with it too. And you wouldn't like Morrissey either if you had a dream about being his sex slave.

(NOTE: This post composed under the influence of Vicodin and aromatherapy, please do not flame me.)

I'm crying cuz I like Morrissey and you made me sad.

I dont hate you though.

Ahhhh Morissey is cool- he aint that wierd, most musical people can be a bit "out there" really and he is a bit of a musical genius, with the Smiths he wrote some amazing music, personal fave would be Shoplifters of the world unite and Charming Man:)

morrissey is great.

"if a ten ton bus crashes into us, to die by your side, it's such a heavenly way to die"

lines like that are brilliant. sure his material might come from his oddness and dark thoughts, but it's fodder for great material.

a lot, and i mean a lot of his stuff really is tounge in cheek. i guess you have to have a dark sense of humor to appreciate it.

Songs I recommend by The Smiths:

How Soon Is Now
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Sheila Take a Bow
Half a Person
This Charming Man
A Rush and a Push and The Land Is Ours
Bigmouth Strikes Again
The Boy With a Thorn in His Side
There is a Light
Well I wonder
Ask