Morrissey concert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mocool12

Refugee
Ok, so here's the thing:

Morrissey, who started his tour in Phoenix today, is coming to my town! My small, crap-happy town of Yuma, AZ! Phoenix is the first city on the tour, then Tucson, then us! I'm still not sure why he's stopping here... Just to be nice I guess. :D But the thing is, is that he'll be playing at our convention center, which only holds around 1,000 people! It's going to be like a club show of sorts!!! I'm going, and I'm indeed excited.

Has anyone ever been to a concert of his? I'm not really what you'd call a big fan.. I don't have any of his cds or anything. I know and like some of his solo stuff I've heard, and The Smiths are cool, but other than that he's pretty new to me. Oh and the opening act is King Cheetah. Anyone heard of them?

Anyway, the whole thing is GA. I have no idea how early I'm going to get there, but I'll try to get a good spots and some pics. Which I'll post. If anyone cares. I... what?

Oops sorry Mona! Here are the dates:

Aug. 9 Phoenix, AZ - Celebrity Hall Post-show
Aug. 10 Tucson, AZ - Rialto
Aug. 11 Yuma, AZ - Convention Hall

Japan
Aug. 17 Osaka - Summer Sonic Festival
Aug. 18 Chiba - Summer Sonic Festival

US
Aug. 22 Seattle, WA - Paramount
Aug. 23 Eugene, OR - McDonald Theater
Aug. 24 Portland, OR - Roseland

Canada
Aug. 26 ? Calgary, AL - MacEwan Hall Postponed?
Aug. 27 ? Edmonton, AL - Red's Postponed? Aug. 29 ? Vancouver, BC - The Commodore Ballroom - Postponed?

US
Aug. 26 Salt Lake City, UT - The Zephyr Club - sold out
Aug. 27 Salt Lake City, UT - University of Utah Ballroom
Aug. 29 Colorado Springs, CO - Music Hall
Aug. 30 Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium
Aug. 31 Santa Fe, NM - Paolo Soleri Amphitheatre
Sept. 3 El Paso, TX - Club Vallare - Sold Out
Sept. 5 Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl
Sept. 6 Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
Sept. 7 Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues - Sold Out
Sept. 9 Santa Rosa, CA - Luther Burbank Center
Sept. 10 Fresno, CA - Rainbow Ballroom
Sept. 13 Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond (w/Jaguares)
Sept. 14 Berkeley, CA - Greek Theater (w/Jaguares)
Sept. 15 San Diego, CA - Open Air Theater (w/Jaguares)

UK
Sept. 17 London - Royal Albert Hall Post-show
Sept. 18 London - Royal Albert Hall

All the tickets are on sale now! Except for Canada I believe. I hope you can go Mones!

Yeah April! It is Joaquin! :drool: indeed. :heart: I'll try to take as many pics as i can!

That is fucking bunk. EL PASO??????? IF he went to Dallas he would have an ass load more peps at the show, and I would be able to go. There are only a small small small handleful of bands that I would drive that far and to that place to see. I knew it I knew it I knew it. I knew that if I looked at this thread I would be all pissed off......and look here I am all pissed off. I am going to smoke my friend the camel....(actually that can be taken two ways. Going to shoot a camel or smoke his ashes or something :coocoo: )

Ok so I may as well post my review. It was a great concert! Moz was in great form, and seemed to have a good time. I ended up in the second row right in front of him. I had a blast, except for the crush of the freaking crowd. I couldn't even move b/c for some reason, they thought it'd be cool to push forward the entire time. Bastards. Anyway, all in all I really enjoyed it!

Set List:
I Want the One I can't Have
Suedehead
Hairdresser on Fire
First of the Gang To Die, The
Jack the Ripper
Late Night, Maudlin Street
I Like You
Mexico
Sister, I'm a poet
Alsatian Cousin
Little Man, What Now?
Everyday is Like Sunday
The World is Full of Crashing Bores
Meat is Murder
Speedway
November Spawned a Monster

Encore:
There is a Light that Never Goes Out

Oh snap, another thing was that they were very strict about there not being any cameras allowed! So I didn't get any pics dammit. But anyway, the crowd was really into it... During "Mexico" everybody would cheer like mad whenenver he sang the title. Afterward everyone started chanting "Me-ji-co (Yuma is a few minutes from the border, so.. yeah). Suedehead was another crowd favorite- everyone was singing along, and it rocked. Hm.. oh, when Morrissey came out after the encore he said, "I feel as if I have just taken a hot shower with all of you." That was a good time. A guy ran on stage at one point. He patted Moz on the back before getting violently dragged away by security haha. At another time, someone threw a tour shirt up to him. He held it up and said "what do I need this for? I know what my name is," and threw it back. bahaha sweet. Moz looked great! He knew how to work the crowd and it was a lot of fun. He also took almost every note/object the crowd would hand him and put it in his pockets, which I though was sweet. :)

King Cheetah was actually pretty good. I couldn't hear the singer too well though. They were this kind of rock/punk trio... they had a lot of energy and seemed to like the crowd's response. :) The drummer was the coolest.

I hope you guys can find a way to go! I still can't believe he came here... dizang. Try to seee him! Here are a few pics from the show that I found online, sorry they aren't of great quality..

yuma_show_1.jpg

yuma_show_2.jpg

Thanks for the report, mo!

And I'm very much :drool: at Joaquin. He's my wallpaper at work right now. :heart:

I just saw Morrissey over the weekend (that means I saw Moby, Springsteen and Morrissey all in the same week :silent: ).

While I was never a huge fan, I, too, found it odd that he would be playing my small town and couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Mr. Angsty in a tiny venue. He was fun--his voice was amazing and he was just generally quite amusing, although after being spoiled by an astonishing show by Moby and the usual Springsteen greatness, I'm afraid Morrissey paled in comparison.

However, here is my big observation from the Morrissey show:

Morrissey = MacPhisto

His very amusing and melodramatic preening and posturing was eerily MacPhisto. :lol:

joyfulgirl said:
Morrissey = MacPhisto

His very amusing and melodramatic preening and posturing was eerily MacPhisto. :lol:
Oh my gosh thanks for reminding me!! I noticed that too!!!! With the ruffly tuxedo shirt and the way he'd look out into the crowd... :laugh: Glad I'm not the only one who thought that!

Ouizy- Do you mean is Moz celebate? actually I have no idea. There's so many rumors that fly around about him... I don't really know what to believe.. :shrug:

I'm sure there will be an east coast tour soon. It seems like several bands/artists have been doing seperate east coasts and west coasts tours lately. The good thing about that is that they don't just visit NYC, Philly, DC/Baltimore, Chicago, and LA, and hit more cities in the South and Midwest. :)

Back
Top Bottom