More "new" Coldplay news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Down Under

Refugee
Just received the following e-mail from their website:

COLDPLAY NEW ALBUM / SINGLE DETAILS....

Coldplay's new album X&Y will be released by Parlophone on 6th June, preceded by the single Speed Of Sound on 23rd May.

The follow up to 2002’s Brit and Grammy award winning ‘A Rush Of Blood To The Head’, X&Y was recorded over the past year at studios in the UK and has been produced by Danton Supple (Morrissey, Elbow), Ken Nelson (Badly Drawn Boy, Kings of Convenience) and the band.

“We wanted to try new things out, to move our sound along,” says Jonny, “but the focus remains on the songs, and Chris’s voice is sounding amazing. Everyone is playing at the top of their game.”

Following the release of X&Y the band embark on their biggest world tour yet, starting with dates in Europe. Support Acts confirmed for the UK & Eire leg of the tour include Doves, Supergrass, Elbow, Interpol, and Morning Runner.

The European dates are as follows:

Wed 15th June HAMBURG VOLKS PARK

Fri 17th June KOLN FUELINGER

Sun 19th June – BERLIN WUHLHEIDE

Wed 22nd June DUBLIN MARLAY PARK
Support Acts: Interpol, Morning Runner

Mon 27th & Tues 28th June LONDON CRYSTAL PALACE NATIONAL SPORTS CENTRE
Support: 27th Supergrass, Morning Runner
28th Interpol, Morning Runner

Fri 1st & Sat 2nd July GLASGOW BELLAHOUSTON PARK support: Supergrass, Morning Runner (both shows)

Mon 4th & Tue 5th July BOLTON REEBOK STADIUM
Support: 4th Elbow, Morning Runner
5th Doves, Morning Runner

Thu 7th July ARNHEM GELREDROME

Sat 9th July MUNICH COUBERTIN PLATZ

Sun 10th July VIENNA ST POLTEN OPEN AIR

Mon 11th July VERONA OPEN AIR

CLICK HERE now to register interest for tickets to Vienna, Verona, Arnhem. For general ticket sale details for all other dates listed go to the TOUR section on coldplay.com.

Additional European gigs will be added at a later date. US tour dates to be announced in the coming weeks.

*thinks about trying to swap Bolton tix for London ones, despite the excess travelling fares, just to see Interpol*

Following the release of X&Y the band embark on their biggest world tour yet, starting with dates in Europe. Support Acts confirmed for the UK & Eire leg of the tour include Doves, Supergrass, Elbow, Interpol, and Morning Runner.

this statement makes me want to cry. :sad: with the exception of morning runner (whoever they are???) all of those acts i :heart: and i would pay to see on their own (esp doves, elbow and interpol). and the only one of them i have seen already is interpol.

why do the european dates get the amazing opening acts and i know when coldplay come here we'll get some band who is a compete load of shit.

same with U2....we got kings of leon for the first leg and god only knows who for the third leg when europe get keane, franz, snow patrol, etc.

it's just not fair :scream:

ps RA-D...as much as i like interpol i would rather see elbow and doves but to each his or her own. :shrug:

Sweet Tart said:
all of those acts i :heart: and i would pay to see on their own (esp doves, elbow and interpol).

:up: I was more excited about this than I was about the new Coldplay info. Interpol :drool:
Not sure if I've ever heard Morning Runner. maybe I'm mixing the name up with My Morning Jacket. :shrug:

I guess people like Coldplay adding some lyrics over a hook and calling it a song...if that song is on the album and Kraftwerk isnt in the liner notes ill be angry with them...yes the song sounds good but its a total ripoff.

A bit of an odd album title. :scratch: It could refer to a couple different things...male and female chromosomes, the x-y coordinate plane...

Yahweh said:
I guess people like Coldplay adding some lyrics over a hook and calling it a song...if that song is on the album and Kraftwerk isnt in the liner notes ill be angry with them...yes the song sounds good but its a total ripoff.

I just listened to Computer Love. Wow, obviously they used that song. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a total ripoff as long as they say it is based on that song. If they don't, yeah I'll be angry too, I hate it when artists don't give credit where it is due.

Down Under said:

haha, I like Coldplay, but I prefer the support acts :lol:
except Morning Runner, I don't know who are they

Last edited:
i can't wait to read about how people will find coldplay's new album too "out - there", "weird", and "unpleasant".

while i'm sure it'll hardly be difficult to digest, the majority of the people here will want an atyclb from coldplay.

if i'm wrong, so be it.

Zoomerang96 said:
i can't wait to read about how people will find coldplay's new album too "out - there", "weird", and "unpleasant".

while i'm sure it'll hardly be difficult to digest, the majority of the people here will want an atyclb from coldplay.

if i'm wrong, so be it.

I hope the new album is too " out - there". " weird", and"unpleasant" :wink:

NO ATYCLB from Coldplay yet please... They need to make an album that will make people :eyebrow: .... The music bizz needs that. I need that LOL

I'm scared about the synth-heavy-ness that is supposed to be on this album but I suppose they wouldn't have been able to top AROBTTH if they'd kept the same style, that album is just definitive.

By the way, Coldplay haven't made a secret of the fact that they've used Kraftwork's riff in their song, in their first interview about the new album, in NME, they made reference to the fact that they were using the Computer Love music. That song is no longer on the album though, apparently, although it will probably be a great b-side.

Zoomerang96 said:

if i'm wrong, so be it.

No no no, that's what I want! I want to hear Coldplay try something entirely different. It doesn't have to be for the rest of their careers, but maybe just an album or two, like U2 did. Coldplay can't keep putting the same old sound out forever, or we'll get bored.

And I hate being bored. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom