More Coldplay ticket dates announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
so tickets to the next batch of shows go on sale on the 24th at 10 am:

16th Baltimore - Pier 6
17th Boston - Fleet Boston Pavilion
19th New York - Tommy Hilfiger @ Jones Beach Theatre
21st Toronto - Air Canada Centre

Okay - I'm going to rant here for a minute because I'm a big Coldplay fan and the latest news swirling around them makes me sad, annoyed and perplexed.

It seems their tour is only to be a short-lived one in major tour markets; and this is fine bc: more cost efficient, more likelihood of a sellout, etc. Thus this means the Northeast and California get to see them while the rest of us get to twirl our thumbs, biding time on the next album and whatever videos they release.

Chris Martin has all but said Coldplay are breaking up after this album is released and is being quite poncy about the whole deal, and not offering more answers, more details or acknowledging the fans - as we are the ones that afford his lifestyle and that he is world famous.

I realize that not all bands work out, and it makes me sad to see this one possibly go. They make such beautifully haunting music, and I was well prepared to follow them for years in hopes that they would be one of the buzzbands that actually last.

Apparently not, when egos are let into the mix. Does anyone have what it takes to make it anymore? Is talent and interest in your own band and vision so fleeting that you can't possibly see the bigger picture? Argh. I'm sorry. This cappucino has gone to my head and I'm allergic to it. I just really like Coldplay and would hate to see such a lovely musical force silenced due to what might be due to inflated egos, etc.

In the end, though - only the guys in Coldplay know the answer to what is ailing them. Being in a band is like being in a marriage and sometimes it just doesn't work out. :sad:

Cheers to Coldplay. Try and work it out, guys. :sad: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom