Moral Dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stay or go?

• Stay. Risk trial and possible execution for a crime you know you did not commit

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Leave. You know you are innocent. Clear your name, your friend is left alone to prove his/her innoc

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
A radio station is Sydney is running a pretty cool comp where they announce a moral dilemma and if you are the person to get through and say the same answer as the majority of Sydney you win $1000. Anyways, the dilemmas are quite interesting that they come up with.

Earlier they had this one:

Part 1: You are in Thailand* on holidays. You get arrested for drug trafficking. You are innocent. You have doubts about your friend though. You have been given 2 choices.
Do you stay and take the heat with him/her and face trial? Or do you admit you think your friend might have something to hide and therefore get off scott free meaning they face the trial alone?

Part 2: These are double moral dilemmas and there is always a second part to them, which may or may not affect your decision. In this case, if you had decided to stay with your friend, you later find out from them that they have had prior drug charges back in Sydney [insert relevant city here].

If you answered 'stay' first off, part 2 applies. If you didn't, ignore it and vote accordingly.

*Thailand can/will execute people found guilty of trafficking

1. last time this happened to me i was with basstrap. we got cleared though :up: (last time i take him ANYWHERE)

2. i voted to stay. i think that my innocense can help fall on my friend (we'll call him b. trap er no! that's too obvious! we'll call him bass t.) and present him in an innocent light.

bad things never happen to americans in different countries anyway

:wink:

I think the majority will say that they'll stay with their friend..

but I think I would leave :shifty:

FWIW 81% of Sydney voted to stay.

I thought first off leave, get the firetruck out of there. Now giving it some thought, what if your friend HAS trafficked and you are both going to die for this?

What to do....what to do...

I would like to think that if s/he really is a good friend of mine that I would stay

but I'd probably reckon that I don't need drugs trafficking friends

and I'm too good looking for jail :D

I'd run.

If they were a true friend, they wouldn't be involving me in their drug trafficking scheme anyway! They'd confess and get me off the hook. And they would have told me long ago about their prior drug charges.

Not worth it. :down:

if my friend was itchy during the trip id leave.
if he wasnt itchy id still leave tho.

Phew. I don't feel quite so guilty now. There's no guarantee your friend is guilty in this, which makes it harder.

But I'd run like the clappers still.

:|

Well, if I knew for certain my friend was involved in drug trafficking I would leave and let him/her face the music, but if I merely suspected and didn't have any proof? Hmm, that's a tough one.

yes I would staaaaaaaaaaayyyy

because my travelling companion would be a good good friend, either hub or my best girlfriend. Of course I'd stay with them. Luckily this situation wouldn't arise, because of what salome said.

That is a wild start to the comp. Angela. Good luck

Sicy said:
I think the majority will say that they'll stay with their friend..

but I think I would leave :shifty:

I agree with ya there....

Anyone remember Midnight Express? I know Im giving away my age here, but that movie freaked me out.

There's a movie called "Return to Paradise" which touches on this issue. Vince Vaughn, Joaquin Phoenix, Anne Heche starred in it.

If I knew my friend was traffiking drugs, I would take him aside and tell him that I was leaving. There's no reason for both of us to die or face life in prison. Especially if I had nothing to do with it. I would expect a friend to understand this, and even more so; tell the authorities I had nothing to do with it.

well first off i'd never go to thailand! :laugh: but hey, let's say that since my hubby loves thai food, he was wanting to try the real thing.

uhh anyway, so yeah now that i think about it, i would stay since i'd really only be travelling anywhere (thailand or anywhere else) with my husband or my mom. neither of them do drugs, let alone sell them. my mom hardly even drinks! so anyway, yeah i'd stay, even though i voted leave. :reject: i wish i could change my vote.

but this is what i'm wondering: if i can leave, why can't my travelling partner? something tells me a country like thailand that would kill those who sell drugs probably wouldn't give you a very fair trial.

Back
Top Bottom