Morón Air Base, Spain Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

You know, just a thought, but I think it would be really fucking incredible if we collaborated on a list just once. Think about it; my specialty is getting a list to flow, but there's no way in hell I could come up with as many great songs as you consistently do. Plus, you have more funk, and I have more indie. It would be a perfect combination. :evil:

I'm down for that actually. Maybe we can add some more electronica into the mix, too?

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm down for that actually. Maybe we can add some more electronica into the mix, too?

:hmm: Like LCD Soundsystem, Daft Punk, Liars?

Irishteen said:
Looks like I just stumbled upon a plot to completely massacre everyone in the next Desert Island competition :wink:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

LemonMelon said:

:hmm: Like LCD Soundsystem, Daft Punk, Liars?

Yep :up:

I'll send you the list I've been working on when I get back tonight.

Later, fellas.

Irishteen said:

People who use more winks than me are evil :wink: for some reason I like automatically add them to every post I do, I just can't help it lol

:wink: is a smartass, but still can't top :corn: in that department.

I've been considering dropping out of the DI competitions permanently after this one. I just don't have enough musical knowledge to keep from repeating myself year after year. However, helping out others with their lists would be fine by me.

Irishteen said:
I don't think you should drop out, your lists are always really good and generally do well don't they?

Yes, they've been strong so far, but I don't want to make a list that's junk compared to what I've done before. And, if I continue recycling the same artists and sounds, I'm going to start getting bored with my own lists. If I'm going to do that, I'd just rather spend the time making my own music or helping someone else with their lists. It's certainly not that I dislike what I'm doing now, I love my current list, it's just that I don't think I can keep it up.

phillyfan26 said:
Afternoon.

tiphat.gif

phillyfan26 said:
Once again, lack of material and repetitiveness have never stopped me. :D

I have a fully-formed list hidden somewhere that was supposed to be for DI4, but got supplanted by this new one that's about 200x better. I could use it eventually, but that spot could be used for people who have something new and interesting to say.

Now, something awesome could come of this Rock The Fuck Out On Desert Island list. But can't be sure yet.

LemonMelon said:

Yes, they've been strong so far, but I don't want to make a list that's junk compared to what I've done before. And, if I continue recycling the same artists and sounds, I'm going to start getting bored with my own lists. If I'm going to do that, I'd just rather spend the time making my own music or helping someone else with their lists. It's certainly not that I dislike what I'm doing now, I love my current list, it's just that I don't think I can keep it up.

If U2 had thought that way, they'd have quite before Achtung Baby.

Ugh. I am kind of sick of the singer in my band at the moment. He's kind of needy. He wants to start hanging out 4 days a week. 2 is kinda my max for a needy person.

phillyfan26 said:
Rock the Fuck Out on Desert Island list? That would kick copious amounts of ass.

Indeed it does. It just needs more artists and more variety, but it's on its way.

LemonMelon said:

Indeed it does. It just needs more artists and more variety, but it's on its way.

That should be a mini-game: a hard-rocking style album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom