Morón Air Base, Spain Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
Don't quite know how your school worked, but traditionally at my school that would have made you more or less the hero.

Oh no, not to my peers, to my parents. They're semi-interested about how it turns out, considering that I've been single for seventeen years.

phillyfan26 said:

"Heroes" is similar to Low, but with a little more of an edge to it, especially on its first two tracks. The title track is Bowie's best song, in my opinion.

Station To Station, the song, is quite strongly my favourite track from the three albums I've heard.

phillyfan26 said:

They breathalize.

No offense, but I would prefer to be going with someone from my school. If I don't, though, I'll take you into consideration. Though, it will be difficult to explain the 20-year old senior in college prom date. Hmm.

I can pretend i go to high school. and i'll be 21, i assume your prom is in may, my birthday's the end of april. anyway, i'll go in sober and have a flask strapped to my thigh. i need to get that flask and strap, anyone know where to get one? i want it for senior week, especially the phillies game during senior week.

and yes i understand you'd like to take someone from school, but, if you get desperate, i'll go with you. i have no idea how to get to where you live, and you'll have to get dalton to buy my prom ticket, but i'll go

phillyfan26 said:

Nope.

I think you'd like Space Oddity. It's considered a mix of folk and prog rock.

Actually, that's not such a good thing. Genesis were folk-influenced prog rock and I think they're the worst prog band I've ever heard.

Then again, Anglagard are pretty fucking awesome, so ...

phillyfan26 said:
No offense, but I would prefer to be going with someone from my school. If I don't, though, I'll take you into consideration. Though, it will be difficult to explain the 20-year old senior in college prom date. Hmm.

What?

"He Pfan, why are you here with a 20 year old college senior?"

"Because I've got a really big cock." smile and walk away.

Who cares about high school formals. I had better things to do than go to mine. Like watching grass grow.

phillyfan26 said:

Oh no, not to my peers, to my parents. They're semi-interested about how it turns out, considering that I've been single for seventeen years.

but they won't let you go out and have a life, it's their fault!! partly

we can lie to your parents. i can be an old-looking high school senior. your friends would probably think it was pretty badass

Nick Drake is friggin' awesome, Pfan.

I know you may not like The Folk that much, but Axver's suggestion was spot-on.

Axver said:
Station To Station, the song, is quite strongly my favourite track from the three albums I've heard.

From those three albums, I'd have to agree.

I think my ten favorite Bowie tracks are:

1. "Heroes"
2. Station to Station
3. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
4. Life on Mars?
5. Teenage Wildlife
6. Queen Bitch
7. Always Crashing in the Same Car
8. Five Years
9. Watch That Man
10. Diamond Dogs

Honorable Mention: Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed, Moonage Daydream, Speed of Life, Panic in Detroit, Width of a Circle

Varitek said:
I can pretend i go to high school. and i'll be 21, i assume your prom is in may, my birthday's the end of april. anyway, i'll go in sober and have a flask strapped to my thigh. i need to get that flask and strap, anyone know where to get one? i want it for senior week, especially the phillies game during senior week.

and yes i understand you'd like to take someone from school, but, if you get desperate, i'll go with you. i have no idea how to get to where you live, and you'll have to get dalton to buy my prom ticket, but i'll go

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all. I'll get back to you once I know my deal.

My prom is May 17th, the end of your week after finals.

I'm a 15 minute drive from your place of education.

Axver said:

Actually, that's not such a good thing. Genesis were folk-influenced prog rock and I think they're the worst prog band I've ever heard.

Then again, Anglagard are pretty fucking awesome, so ...

Yeah, but we're talking about David Bowie, who pretty much does everything well.

phillyfan26 said:

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all. I'll get back to you once I know my deal.

My prom is May 17th, the end of your week after finals.

I'm a 15 minute drive from your place of education.

I have until the 17th to perfect fly-on-the-wall technology. Somehow i suspect this may bring the lulz.

Character from one episode of some British show called The Mighty Boosh. Thread in Lemonade Stand, started by YLB with the YouTube link.

It's the opposite of something Axver would find funny, for a reference.

phillyfan26 said:

From those three albums, I'd have to agree.

I think my ten favorite Bowie tracks are:

1. "Heroes"
2. Station to Station
3. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
4. Life on Mars?
5. Teenage Wildlife
6. Queen Bitch
7. Always Crashing in the Same Car
8. Five Years
9. Watch That Man
10. Diamond Dogs

Honorable Mention: Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed, Moonage Daydream, Speed of Life, Panic in Detroit, Width of a Circle

You've got some of mine on there:

1. "Heroes"
2. Life on Mars?
3. Queen Bitch
4. Starman
5. Young Americans
6. Panic in Detroit
7. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
8. Five Years
9. All the Young Dudes
10. Teenage Wildlife

Honorable Mentions: Diamond Dogs, Aladdin Sane, Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps), Moonage Daydream, Magic Dance, When I Live My Dream

coolian2 said:

Don't quite know how your school worked, but traditionally at my school that would have made you more or less the hero.

:yes:

AND i looked damn hot in my prom dress. i coudln't wear it for a while cause of the whole freshman 15 but i can now...

may 17th is like the last day of finals. there's a party here that night called green bottle. whereby you give a green bottle of beer to anyone you want to hook up with, a last chance kind of thing. but i'd go to prom with you instead, cause there's another green bottle that's seniors only 2 nights before graduation. and i dunno if i'll wanna hook up that night as i think it's the day eits guy leaves. so prom could be fun

YLB, one of the tracks from Heathen was protected. I think it was the third track, maybe Slip Away?

I might just buy it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom