Moonlighters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I'm looking into taking a second job (either picking up some freelance work or working at a store or something) so that I can save up some money. Right now I have a full-time job as an editor with a fairly large company, but I make just enough money to cover my expenses and save a little money every month. I'd like to be able to start socking away some serious money, so I'm looking for something in addition to what I'm doing now, maybe 10-15 hours a week.

Does anyone else here find themselves working two (or more) jobs? Any tips for dealing with it?

(And is anyone looking for an editor, proofer, or compiler of indices? I work cheap! :D)

Mr. Blu and myself have worked 2 jobs for at least 5 years now.... Hell, come to think of it, we've been doing it so long, I hardly remember what it was like to only have one job! :| (We work with/for a friend who started a commercial cleaning business - it's a 2nd job for him, too.)

The extra money is nice; in the past, it's allowed us to do some traveling we wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford and hopefully, it's going to finance the lion's share of our 2007 Ireland adventure. But since we built our home 3 years ago, the money isn't really extra anymore. Between increased debts and decreased salaries (mine! :madspit: ) what used to be "extra" or "fun" money is a fairly necessary part of our monthly budget right now.

Anyway, the point of all my rambling is this: Be careful when taking on a second job - don't allow yourself to get to a point where it's no longer optional. Mr. Blu & I weren't as disciplined as we needed to be at times, and now we're in a bit of a pinch. I mean, in the long run, giving up 3-4 nights a week to work is worth it when I come home to my beautiful house. On the other hand, though, I'd enjoy my beautiful house even more if I was in it before 9pm-10pm 3/4 of the week!

Back
Top Bottom