Montreal to New York to Boston to Montreal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Does anyone know how long it takes to travel between each city by car?

I will be in Montreal in July/August and we are thinking of renting a car. We thought about staying a couple of nights in Boston on the way back up.

Can anyone in the know help me out?

I would say...take Amtrak

Rental cars between the two countries can be tricky...just a warning!

If I remember correctly, Montreal and NY are about 8-10 hours apart. and four hours from NY to Boston (pending traffic). I've never driven the Boston-Montreal trip....but I bet it is pretty (through New England).

Otherwise, I would say take the train (ever think you would hear that from an American?)! Amtrak has decent service, and I feel NYC is so easy to do via public transit. Boston is fairly easy to see via public transit too!

Best of luck and enjoy your trip here in North America! :D

Thanks alot :)

I cant wait! Was in NYC a couple of years ago and I think I am looking forward to pizza from Lombardi's more than anything else!

I live smack dab in the middle of the Boston to Montreal trip...its 3 hrs to boston for me and 3 hrs to Montreal so your looking at a 6 hr drive:)

I've never had any trouble at all with rental cars being taken between countries (this included both renting here and going to the US and renting in the US and going here). The only thing they were adamant about is that I not take the car to Mexico. But then again, I'm a Canadian citizen so maybe their rules are different?

anitram said:
I've never had any trouble at all with rental cars being taken between countries (this included both renting here and going to the US and renting in the US and going here). The only thing they were adamant about is that I not take the car to Mexico. But then again, I'm a Canadian citizen so maybe their rules are different?

probably, we rented a car in AZ just to take to Mexico because we didn't want to bring our own...they suggested Mexican insurance for another 20 bucks or so...but other than that no problems.

Back
Top Bottom