Monster, The Netherlands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I moderated it a couple of years, that's why it was brilliant! Nah, kidding. I do feel for yolland having all the worst seem to be the norm. She seems to cope with them though.

Christ, it's 11.20! I better head off very soon. Damn baby will wake up soon.
:grumpy:

Honestly, yolland is an amazing moderator, perhaps Interference's best. I don't know how she manages to keep the factions apart in such a cool, diplomatic, and evenhanded way. I've seen few political forums moderated so well. But there's nothing yolland can do about the forum makeup, with many of the more moderate posters becoming disillusioned and worn down and extremists becoming more prominent in debates. There are certain topics I now actively avoid because I know who I'll be debating against and I know they won't be willing to compromise or listen. So why bother? I don't want to have an argument or score Internet points; I want to have a good discussion with give-and-take by all parties.

Woah, time flies when you postwhore. Have a good one! :wave:

I agree on all accounts.

I think this better be my cue. My lap is burning with the laptop. And I need a drink... mineral water, that is! Have a great evening everyone who is still around, Ax, Ian, Jen!

:wave:

Hey Serena! :wave:

See what we did to One Tree Hill in your absence?

Hey Serena! :wave:

See what we did to One Tree Hill in your absence?

Hey Axver! :wave: How goes it?

And yes, yes I did. This makes me sad that I didn't stay up because I tossed and turned until 4 am anyway! But I had to be up early to see the fam off, which are now out of town! :hyper:

Hey Axver! :wave: How goes it?

And yes, yes I did. This makes me sad that I didn't stay up because I tossed and turned until 4 am anyway! But I had to be up early to see the fam off, which are now out of town! :hyper:

Pretty good, though tired. You?

It was awesomeness. How weird, the Superthread all positive and excited about U2! And if we can get through a thread that quickly without even trying, I reckon we could easily get one done in under three hours if we put our minds to it.

DAMNIT WHAT HAPPENED?! One minute I had October all cued up and ready to go, the next I'm waking up because I'm tangled up in computer cables!

Pretty good, though tired. You?

It was awesomeness. How weird, the Superthread all positive and excited about U2! And if we can get through a thread that quickly without even trying, I reckon we could easily get one done in under three hours if we put our minds to it.
'Bout the same. Didn't sleep very good last night, obviously.

Haha, it's not too hard to be all positive and excited about U2. ...just as long as the good stuff's playing! No over-production, dammit! :lol:
I believe we could too. And I'll SO have to be here for that!

DAMNIT WHAT HAPPENED?! One minute I had October all cued up and ready to go, the next I'm waking up because I'm tangled up in computer cables!

Fell asleep at the computer? I've only done that once and woke up promptly about 20 minutes afterwards.

:laugh: You pass out or something, Ashley?

'Bout the same. Didn't sleep very good last night, obviously.

Haha, it's not too hard to be all positive and excited about U2. ...just as long as the good stuff's playing! No over-production, dammit! :lol:
I believe we could too. And I'll SO have to be here for that!

I think I should sleep soon, just to try to get my sleeping pattern back to normal ...

Heh, we were all so glowing about most of it, it was strange. We're usually such critical sorts. We listened to Pop, JT, Zooropa, October, Boy, and WAIA. Good times.

I think I should sleep soon, just to try to get my sleeping pattern back to normal ...

Heh, we were all so glowing about most of it, it was strange. We're usually such critical sorts. We listened to Pop, JT, Zooropa, October, Boy, and WAIA. Good times.
Yeah, you probably should! Since, ya know, it's the start of the week again! Don't ya just love Mondays?

Ha, yeah, you guys usually are but that sounds like it was pretty cool. I'm still :laugh: at the carrot stick thing! I'll never be able to listen to that song without cracking up again.

Ihave a laptop Serena, and it was on my lap (and still and always is) on my bed.

I never would've had anything to drink had I known we were going to suddenly run through U2's entire cataloge :sad: God, did you listen to October, Boy, and TUF as well? I can't tell based simply on what I flipped through to see what you guys said about me disappearing (Ali saying I was on the phone with you was hilarious)

Ah, I see it was WAIA, I couldn't have joined you then :sad:

That was just something quick to pass the time at the end of the thread. I can't believe we just kept going, but we were having a good time!

We'll have to do more of the band's catalogue at some point.

Ihave a laptop Serena, and it was on my lap (and still and always is) on my bed.

I never would've had anything to drink had I known we were going to suddenly run through U2's entire cataloge :sad: God, did you listen to October, Boy, and TUF as well? I can't tell based simply on what I flipped through to see what you guys said about me disappearing (Ali saying I was on the phone with you was hilarious)
I figured so. And so do I. I usually reside on my bed with it but sometimes I put it on the desk next to my bed and that's usually how I fall asleep because I lay back and before I know it, I've dozed!

Yeah, you probably should! Since, ya know, it's the start of the week again! Don't ya just love Mondays?

Ha, yeah, you guys usually are but that sounds like it was pretty cool. I'm still :laugh: at the carrot stick thing! I'll never be able to listen to that song without cracking up again.

I do love Mondays, since I have them off. :wink:

Hah, that was amusing. We were all gushing over Boy ... I hate to think what HTDAAB might be like, though!

I do love Mondays, since I have them off. :wink:

Hah, that was amusing. We were all gushing over Boy ... I hate to think what HTDAAB might be like, though!
Heh, well there's a good reason to love Mondays!
Boy is awesome. HTDAAB? Not so much. Except for a few songs from it!

I like Boy, but not as much as October or UF.

See, I'd take Boy over October. Sure, October has Gloria and Tomorrow, but as a cohesive album, Boy is stunningly consistent, perhaps U2's most consistent album in that regard other than UF.

See, I'd take Boy over October. Sure, October has Gloria and Tomorrow, but as a cohesive album, Boy is stunningly consistent, perhaps U2's most consistent album in that regard other than UF.

While I like certain tracks on Boy a lot, I'll take October over it. But I'll take Boy over War, no problem. My problem with Boy is that I don't thoroughly like all of the tracks as much as I do tracks from October and of course, UF is just overall winnage, not that it even needs to be said.

While I like certain tracks on Boy a lot, I'll take October over it. But I'll take Boy over War, no problem. My problem with Boy is that I don't thoroughly like all of the tracks as much as I do tracks room October and of course, UF is just overall winnage, not that it even needs to be said.

I think the only track that's really weak on Boy is The Ocean, and I feel even that is more to do with odd tracklist placement than anything else. I love the rest. October feels more like a collection of songs than an actual cohesive album; however, unlike the similarly troubled HTDAAB, October has the great songs to get by. As for War, plenty of great songs, but despite its thematic potential to be a wonderfully cohesive album, it's poorly arranged.

I think the only track that's really weak on Boy is The Ocean, and I feel even that is more to do with odd tracklist placement than anything else. I love the rest. October feels more like a collection of songs than an actual cohesive album; however, unlike the similarly troubled HTDAAB, October has the great songs to get by. As for War, plenty of great songs, but despite its thematic potential to be a wonderfully cohesive album, it's poorly arranged.
I quite like The Ocean, actually. Boy is something I can listen to on the occasion (all the way through) but generally, it is not my first choice of early U2. Though as I said before, I do take it over War. I like a few of the songs on War, but I have to say that it's probably one of my last choices of albums to listen to. Songs like Red Light really put me off it.
With October (upon further listening), I have found I like it a lot more than Boy or War, but not over UF. UF is most definitely my favourite album in musical definitions. It doesn't have a song on it I don't like. Whereas later albums have those songs I just skip entirely.

I quite like The Ocean, actually. Boy is something I can listen to on the occasion (all the way through) but generally, it is not my first choice of early U2. Though as I said before, I do take it over War. I like a few of the songs on War, but I have to say that it's probably one of my last choices of albums to listen to. Songs like Red Light really put me off it.
With October (upon further listening), I have found I like it a lot more than Boy or War, but not over UF. UF is most definitely my favourite album in musical definitions. It doesn't have a song on it I don't like. Whereas later albums have those songs I just skip entirely.

Oh, I like The Ocean, but it's really weird whacking it between SFB and ADWM. I don't think it belongs there at all and it seems out of place. I think it would have been better off as a b-side, honestly, even though I think it's album-worthy. Essentially, that's because I think it would work best as closer, but SATT does that job effectively already.

War ... Red Light obviously sucks, and I don't dig THBAO much either. My main issue is just weird tracklist choices. I mean, Drowning Man between two drum-heavy political rockers? That makes no sense and sounds bloody awful. Hence my assertion that it is an album that poorly achieves thematic cohesion.

Oh, I like The Ocean, but it's really weird whacking it between SFB and ADWM. I don't think it belongs there at all and it seems out of place. I think it would have been better off as a b-side, honestly, even though I think it's album-worthy. Essentially, that's because I think it would work best as closer, but SATT does that job effectively already.

War ... Red Light obviously sucks, and I don't dig THBAO much either. My main issue is just weird tracklist choices. I mean, Drowning Man between two drum-heavy political rockers? That makes no sense and sounds bloody awful. Hence my assertion that it is an album that poorly achieves thematic cohesion.

Yeah, it's placement is a bit odd, I can't think of anywhere it could really go EXCEPT a B-Side. Though it really does belong on an album, I think.

Drowning Man is probably my favourite song on War, but it's placement is also pretty whack, now that you mention it. I never did pay much attention to the placement of the tracks on there since, ya know, I don't listen to it much. I'd go as far as I say it's my least favourite U2 album, period. I would just rather listen to other albums. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom