Monster, The Netherlands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I randomly clicked onto Vazza trying to set me up with one of her friends :lol:

I want at least one t-shirt for each day of the week, and spares to carry with me.

:laugh: Shame you're in the wrong hemisphere and all. Also, remember how you and I are both Internet-wed to Vazza?

We need to hurry the fuck up with those t-shirts. And we should buy spares to send to other Kunstmuseumers as Christmas presents. Including one to our dear mofo82.

It's the weirdest coincidence, guys... I use igoogle for my home page and I've customised it to include an Art of the Day section. Today is a Bruegels The Elder painting from the Museum voor Oude Kunst, Brussels.

..... What are the odds??????

:laugh: Shame you're in the wrong hemisphere and all. Also, remember how you and I are both Internet-wed to Vazza?

We need to hurry the fuck up with those t-shirts. And we should buy spares to send to other Kunstmuseumers as Christmas presents. Including one to our dear mofo82.

I just stumbled across a post where she mentioned it!

I'd love to post out a few t-shirts to people who really, really didn't appreciate our work.

It's the weirdest coincidence, guys... I use igoogle for my home page and I've customised it to include an Art of the Day section. Today is a Breugels The Elder painting from the Museum voor Oude Kunst, Brussels.

..... What are the odds??????

:lmao:

The worst part is that sounds like "museum of our Kunst".

I think we need to go there next. Or for thread #200.

:lol:

That's a worrying thought. Alarmingly plausible, too.

Yeah, especially as I have a modem that can accommodate four computers. So where the bloody hell are you?

I just stumbled across a post where she mentioned it!

I'd love to post out a few t-shirts to people who really, really didn't appreciate our work.

Oh god, imagine if one of us wore one to a concert and somebody who didn't appreciate our work spotted it! I'd just respond to them with "what, you thought that was a hoax?!"

You are? I tend to absolutely and completely ignore anything anyone has to say on something which is entirely taste on this site :D

Yeah, I rank Achtung as lowly as ATYCLB and HTDAAB, and I hate One and Ultra Violet with a passion. And the only tour that I think was worse than ZooTV was Elevation.

That said, UTEOTW, The Fly, Acrobat, and LIB are amazing songs, and my own custom Achtung tracklist would be in my top five favourite U2 albums.

Yeah, I rank Achtung as lowly as ATYCLB and HTDAAB, and I hate One and Ultra Violet with a passion. And the only tour that I think was worse than ZooTV was Elevation.

That said, UTEOTW, The Fly, Acrobat, and LIB are amazing songs, and my own custom Achtung tracklist would be in my top five favourite U2 albums.

My original reply where I mentioned AB/Pop/Zoo also criticised ATYCLB and HTDABYHAT.. HTT..DB... but my fucktard laptop overheated and it crashed at the worst time.

ZooTV was brilliant. I take it you didn't go? I was squashed up front row. It was where I got ahold of Bono's cup, and thusly his DNA which I had plans to sell to PLEBA, but changed them when I considered who'd win out of that - a PLEBAN getting the score of the century and me probably going to jail? Fuck that. Ali and I can have his DNA on our own. We don't have to share.

Yeah, especially as I have a modem that can accommodate four computers. So where the bloody hell are you?

Oh god, imagine if one of us wore one to a concert and somebody who didn't appreciate our work spotted it! I'd just respond to them with "what, you thought that was a hoax?!"

I'm bloody racing to Emirates.com!

I'd love to go to a concert wearing a Kunstmuseum shirt. I'd be concerned about being killed in the parking lot afterwards, though.

My original reply where I mentioned AB/Pop/Zoo also criticised ATYCLB and HTDABYHAT.. HTT..DB... but my fucktard laptop overheated and it crashed at the worst time.

ZooTV was brilliant. I take it you didn't go? I was squashed up front row. It was where I got ahold of Bono's cup, and thusly his DNA which I had plans to sell to PLEBA, but changed them when I considered who'd win out of that - a PLEBAN getting the score of the century and me probably going to jail? Fuck that. Ali and I can have his DNA on our own. We don't have to share.

It's funny, I loved HTDAAB when it came out. And there are very embarrassing posts in my post history about it. But it had NO staying power whatsoever and now I can't say I'd be sad if I never heard it again.

The only U2 tour I've actually attended is Vertigo, but due to the way I enjoy shows (i.e. I focus entirely on the music to the exclusion of everything else; visuals may be nice, but I can almost never see them!), I have found that the opinions I form on music from bootlegs are exactly the same that I form when I actually attend. In any case, my primary criticisms of ZooTV relate to shocking setlisting, and I just don't dig some of Bono's acting and ... well, not insincerity, but I can't think of the right word. I prefer the earnest, passionate Bono of the eighties to the ironic rockstar Bono of ZooTV or the obnoxious rambly prat of this decade. I should state that I have listened to EVERY ZooTV concert that's been bootlegged. I've listened to every U2 show for which there is a bootleg from 1982 to 2001 as part of working on U2gigs. My opinions of some tours rose from doing that, some stayed the same, and ZooTV and Elevation plummeted.

And :lol: at the DNA thing!

I'm bloody racing to Emirates.com!

I'd love to go to a concert wearing a Kunstmuseum shirt. I'd be concerned about being killed in the parking lot afterwards, though.

:laugh:

If I go to a U2 concert again, I promise you, I will wear a Kunstmuseum shirt.

It's funny, I loved HTDAAB when it came out. And there are very embarrassing posts in my post history about it. But it had NO staying power whatsoever and now I can't say I'd be sad if I never heard it again.

The only U2 tour I've actually attended is Vertigo, but due to the way I enjoy shows (i.e. I focus entirely on the music to the exclusion of everything else; visuals may be nice, but I can almost never see them!), I have found that the opinions I form on music from bootlegs are exactly the same that I form when I actually attend. In any case, my primary criticisms of ZooTV relate to shocking setlisting, and I just don't dig some of Bono's acting and ... well, not insincerity, but I can't think of the right word. I prefer the earnest, passionate Bono of the eighties to the ironic rockstar Bono of ZooTV or the obnoxious rambly prat of this decade. I should state that I have listened to EVERY ZooTV concert that's been bootlegged. I've listened to every U2 show for which there is a bootleg from 1982 to 2001 as part of working on U2gigs. My opinions of some tours rose from doing that, some stayed the same, and ZooTV and Elevation plummeted.

And :lol: at the DNA thing!

I guess our experiences and opinions are based on very different things. I've seen ZooTV, Popmart and the last one they did. Vertigo? I can't tell the difference between the last 2 rubbish albums which I don't think I even own. I may own the airport one, but I didn't buy it. I can barely remember tracks. I've got no idea on the atomic bomb album as by then my interest in the band and their music bordered on cringeworthy dislike. ZooTV was like the peak of my love for them. It was a great time in life, the best concert I'd attended by yards (my top 3 favourite concerts would make you cry, really), and being so close to it all - it was just the sweetest. Pop was an awful failure, but we also had the shittiest weekend in history that weekend! But still I loved the album, the band, things were good, the tour just flopped. It's been downhill for me since then. Beautiful Day sounds like headlice stuck in a polyestre wig which has been set on fire. I was so hyped waiting for that damn album, and they come out with elevator music. Disappointing. The Vertigo show was fun, though. Boy did my U2 senses wake up when they did The Saints!!! I hadn't heard the song before (I really ignore all U2 discussion here and had gone on a 6 month break from commerical radio - who do i remind you of? :sexywink: ) but at that show, I thought "My god, are they back?? Are U2 BACK???" It was really exciting.

I do believe music is coming back to me. I've been jaded and disappointed with music of late. I think I'm getting over my tantrum and am falling in love again. It's feeling good.

I guess our experiences and opinions are based on very different things. I've seen ZooTV, Popmart and the last one they did. Vertigo? I can't tell the difference between the last 2 rubbish albums which I don't think I even own. I may own the airport one, but I didn't buy it. I can barely remember tracks. I've got no idea on the atomic bomb album as by then my interest in the band and their music bordered on cringeworthy dislike. ZooTV was like the peak of my love for them. It was a great time in life, the best concert I'd attended by yards (my top 3 favourite concerts would make you cry, really), and being so close to it all - it was just the sweetest. Pop was an awful failure, but we also had the shittiest weekend in history that weekend! But still I loved the album, the band, things were good, the tour just flopped. It's been downhill for me since then. Beautiful Day sounds like headlice stuck in a polyestre wig which has been set on fire. I was so hyped waiting for that damn album, and they come out with elevator music. Disappointing. The Vertigo show was fun, though. Boy did my U2 senses wake up when they did The Saints!!! I hadn't heard the song before (I really ignore all U2 discussion here and had gone on a 6 month break from commerical radio - who do i remind you of? :sexywink: ) but at that show, I thought "My god, are they back?? Are U2 BACK???" It was really exciting.

I do believe music is coming back to me. I've been jaded and disappointed with music of late. I think I'm getting over my tantrum and am falling in love again. It's feeling good.

Yeah, I focus so specifically onh the music that, well, the best bootlegs I think provide an even better impression of the show than being there, because unless you're the guy at the mixing desk, you in the crowd won't hear the mix as well as it's presented on that bootleg. And since I'm judging the performance based on the music, with aspects like audience atmosphere and visuals very secondary concerns, I don't think my ability to pass judgement on the concert's quality is any way dependent on whether or not I'm actually in the building. So why do I go to concerts? Because it's fucking cool to hear loud music created right in front of me. And there's no guarantee of a high quality bootleg!

Ha, even though I don't agree with your description of Beautiful Day, I love it. The song's neither here nor there for me. ATYCLB as an album, however, can just fuck off. I can't believe that after Pop, they made THAT. They must have all been repeatedly dropped on their heads from great heights all through 1999 or something.

I go through very intense and very short phases with music. Listlessness and boredom, infatuation with new stuff, obsessive playing of old classics ... rarely does each stage last more than a couple of months before I slip into another.

I gotta stay in here and hide from FYM. There's one of those threads where everyone with an opinion is blowing hot air... For a change. And not that I've ever been any different. Hell, opinion is all I have!
:sad:

I'm completely distracted now. I was going to go through the squeezebox's song list and paste out the list of songs with the work 'fuck' in it. Holy crap, I had no idea. Mat was just playing with it. Very funny. Or sad.

I gotta stay in here and hide from FYM. There's one of those threads where everyone with an opinion is blowing hot air... For a change. And not that I've ever been any different. Hell, opinion is all I have!
:sad:

I'm completely distracted now. I was going to go through the squeezebox's song list and paste out the list of songs with the work 'fuck' in it. Holy crap, I had no idea. Mat was just playing with it. Very funny. Or sad.

I've given up on FYM. The tone and standard of conversation just bug me now. Would you believe that on a past Superthread, we actually had a calm and reasonable abortion discussion? We understood each other's perspectives, were able to come to understandings and conclusions, etc. It was amazing. So if I want to discuss anything FYMy, odds are I'd bring it up here instead, since the extremists rule FYM these days. I don't remember it being quite this bad a couple of years ago; I used to enjoy checking it.

I moderated it a couple of years, that's why it was brilliant! Nah, kidding. I do feel for yolland having all the worst seem to be the norm. She seems to cope with them though.

Christ, it's 11.20! I better head off very soon. Damn baby will wake up soon.
:grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom