Monster, The Netherlands Superthread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #91
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
I moderated it a couple of years, that's why it was brilliant! Nah, kidding. I do feel for yolland having all the worst seem to be the norm. She seems to cope with them though.

Christ, it's 11.20! I better head off very soon. Damn baby will wake up soon.
Honestly, yolland is an amazing moderator, perhaps Interference's best. I don't know how she manages to keep the factions apart in such a cool, diplomatic, and evenhanded way. I've seen few political forums moderated so well. But there's nothing yolland can do about the forum makeup, with many of the more moderate posters becoming disillusioned and worn down and extremists becoming more prominent in debates. There are certain topics I now actively avoid because I know who I'll be debating against and I know they won't be willing to compromise or listen. So why bother? I don't want to have an argument or score Internet points; I want to have a good discussion with give-and-take by all parties.

Woah, time flies when you postwhore. Have a good one!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #92
Jesus Online

I agree on all accounts.

I think this better be my cue. My lap is burning with the laptop. And I need a drink... mineral water, that is! Have a great evening everyone who is still around, Ax, Ian, Jen!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #93
Vocal parasite

See you later, Anna!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:57 AM
Morning guys.
Not here too terribly long, I have chinese food to order!
Lame dial up.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #95
Vocal parasite

Hey Serena!

See what we did to One Tree Hill in your absence?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hey Serena!

See what we did to One Tree Hill in your absence?
Hey Axver! How goes it?

And yes, yes I did. This makes me sad that I didn't stay up because I tossed and turned until 4 am anyway! But I had to be up early to see the fam off, which are now out of town!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #97
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Hey Axver! How goes it?

And yes, yes I did. This makes me sad that I didn't stay up because I tossed and turned until 4 am anyway! But I had to be up early to see the fam off, which are now out of town!
Pretty good, though tired. You?

It was awesomeness. How weird, the Superthread all positive and excited about U2! And if we can get through a thread that quickly without even trying, I reckon we could easily get one done in under three hours if we put our minds to it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #98
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:57 AM
DAMNIT WHAT HAPPENED?! One minute I had October all cued up and ready to go, the next I'm waking up because I'm tangled up in computer cables!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #99
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Pretty good, though tired. You?

It was awesomeness. How weird, the Superthread all positive and excited about U2! And if we can get through a thread that quickly without even trying, I reckon we could easily get one done in under three hours if we put our minds to it.
'Bout the same. Didn't sleep very good last night, obviously.

Haha, it's not too hard to be all positive and excited about U2. ...just as long as the good stuff's playing! No over-production, dammit!
I believe we could too. And I'll SO have to be here for that!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #100
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
DAMNIT WHAT HAPPENED?! One minute I had October all cued up and ready to go, the next I'm waking up because I'm tangled up in computer cables!
Fell asleep at the computer? I've only done that once and woke up promptly about 20 minutes afterwards.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #101
Vocal parasite

You pass out or something, Ashley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
'Bout the same. Didn't sleep very good last night, obviously.

Haha, it's not too hard to be all positive and excited about U2. ...just as long as the good stuff's playing! No over-production, dammit!
I believe we could too. And I'll SO have to be here for that!
I think I should sleep soon, just to try to get my sleeping pattern back to normal ...

Heh, we were all so glowing about most of it, it was strange. We're usually such critical sorts. We listened to Pop, JT, Zooropa, October, Boy, and WAIA. Good times.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I think I should sleep soon, just to try to get my sleeping pattern back to normal ...

Heh, we were all so glowing about most of it, it was strange. We're usually such critical sorts. We listened to Pop, JT, Zooropa, October, Boy, and WAIA. Good times.
Yeah, you probably should! Since, ya know, it's the start of the week again! Don't ya just love Mondays?

Ha, yeah, you guys usually are but that sounds like it was pretty cool. I'm still at the carrot stick thing! I'll never be able to listen to that song without cracking up again.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #103
Blue Crack Distributor

Ihave a laptop Serena, and it was on my lap (and still and always is) on my bed.

I never would've had anything to drink had I known we were going to suddenly run through U2's entire cataloge God, did you listen to October, Boy, and TUF as well? I can't tell based simply on what I flipped through to see what you guys said about me disappearing (Ali saying I was on the phone with you was hilarious)
Old 08-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #104
Blue Crack Distributor

Ah, I see it was WAIA, I couldn't have joined you then
Old 08-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #105
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Ah, I see it was WAIA, I couldn't have joined you then
That was just something quick to pass the time at the end of the thread. I can't believe we just kept going, but we were having a good time!

We'll have to do more of the band's catalogue at some point.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread