Monkeys Eyebrow, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*screamsinatblindingspeed*
BITCH PRINCIPAL HAS RESIGNED!!!! FUCKYES!!!!!!!

I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

:yippie::yippie::yippie::yippie::yippie:

haha, wow. how sad. (that the movie sucks so bad, not your quest)

It's called Are You Scared? and it is such a rip off of Saw :lmao:.

THe best part was when the Saw like guy asked teh girl trapped in his little maze "Are you scared", and she responds "FUCK YEAH!" but...in completely the wrong tone for the situation she was in.

it wouldn't take much to defame me. i mean...

"khan likes duran duran"
"khan lives in tennessee"
"khan axver has smelly feet"

choo1.jpg

1. No Children: 8.5/10
2. Oceanographer’s Choice: 8/10
3. Game Shows Touch Our Lives: 7.5/10
4. See America Right: 7.5/10
5. Southwood Plantation Road: 7.5/10
6. Idylls Of The King: 7.5/10
7. Alpha Rats Nest: 7.5/10
8. The House That Dripped Blood: 7.25/10
9. Peacocks: 7.25/10
10. Have To Explode: 7.25/10
11. Old College Try: 7.25/10
12. First Few Desperate Hours: 7/10
13. International Small Arms Traffic Blues: 7/10
14. Tallahassee: 6.5/10

Think that would be about a 7.25/10 overall, a B-. Or something. Very soddin' consistent album; with a different, more soft and subtle vocalist, I think I would've loved it. As it is, probably it just needs a good chance to grow. And No Children is fucking brilliant. If I can figure out how to get a good metal tone out of my guitar, I'd totally try to do a black metal parody cover of it.

Cool. That's a nice surprise. Glad you enjoyed it. Consistency is a rare virtue these days, isn't it? I'd say Blackfield II is about equally consistent. I think the worst song was, what, a 7? That's pretty great.

What I love about John Darnielle's voice on this album is that he just sounds like some guy bitching about his wife. On any other album it could be a horrible impediment, but here, it just sounds very fragile and human. Doesn't excuse his nasally tone, but it's some consolation.

So Kim, what prompted this resignation? Was it just out of the blue, or have things been building up lately?

It's called Are You Scared? and it is such a rip off of Saw :lmao:.

THe best part was when the Saw like guy asked teh girl trapped in his little maze "Are you scared", and she responds "FUCK YEAH!" but...in completely the wrong tone for the situation she was in.
hahahaha. i can picture a review of the movie being one word: "no."

Cool. That's a nice surprise. Glad you enjoyed it. Consistency is a rare virtue these days, isn't it? I'd say Blackfield II is about equally consistent. I think the worst song was, what, a 7? That's pretty great.

What I love about John Darnielle's voice on this album is that he just sounds like some guy bitching about his wife. On any other album it could be a horrible impediment, but here, it just sounds very fragile and human. Doesn't excuse his nasally tone, but it's some consolation.

Yeah, I liked that there really wasn't any one song that was clearly meant to be the big, stand-out song. The consistency helped to bring it together as a quite cohesive album. And good point about the vocals - I do wonder how he'd work on another album, though.

I'd be interested in what you make of the first Blackfield album. When I'm certain somebody will like Blackfield (i.e. they're already a PT fan), I tell them to start there and then listen to II, since I think the first album is inferior. I wasn't sure if you'd take to it, though, so I figured going straight for II was best. The first album is one that I think requires a couple of listens to properly appreciate - it's a bit softer and more sombre in places. I know one guy who never bothered to listen to it more than once, and he just kept insulting Blackfield as making elevator music whenever they were mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom