Monkeys Eyebrow, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way my mom and step-dad met was kinda awkward :lol:. Mike started working at the same nursing home as my mom, and he like immediately started crushing on her I guess or something, cause by the end of the first week he left a note on her car asking her on a date. Well, funny thing, she was still married to my dad :lol:. Anyways, after my parents got separated, almost immediately he asked her out again, and that was that pretty much.

1. Southwood Plantation Road: 7.5/10
2. First Few Desperate Hours: 7/10
3. Tallahassee: 6.5/10

I'm enjoying this, though I'm not so taken by the vocalist at this stage. I feel like I'd prefer a more subtle voice.

1. Southwood Plantation Road: 7.5/10
2. First Few Desperate Hours: 7/10
3. Tallahassee: 6.5/10

I'm enjoying this, though I'm not so taken by the vocalist at this stage. I feel like I'd prefer a more subtle voice.

The title track is quite poor in the vocal department. He has some genuinely good performances down the line, specifically "Peacocks", but yeah, I can understand where you're coming from.

The title track is quite poor in the vocal department. He has some genuinely good performances down the line, specifically "Peacocks", but yeah, I can understand where you're coming from.

1. Game Shows Touch Our Lives: 7.5/10
2. Southwood Plantation Road: 7.5/10
3. The House That Dripped Blood: 7.25/10
4. First Few Desperate Hours: 7/10
5. Tallahassee: 6.5/10

I feel that tracks 4 and 5 would've broken the 8-8.5/10 mark at least if I enjoyed the guy's voice more. I guess I'm thinking I'd favour a more Nick Drake-ish voice, though not mumbly.

Might be a case where I need to just listen more.

therethere.gif

if you need to talk, i'm here :)

No Children is brilliant.

A metal band needs to cover this.

Yep, that one is awesome.

And I love how the juxtaposition is flipped with See America Right; instead of sweet melody/angry lyrics, it's angry music/sweet lyrics.

1. No Children: 8.5/10
2. Game Shows Touch Our Lives: 7.5/10
3. See America Right: 7.5/10
4. Southwood Plantation Road: 7.5/10
5. Idylls Of The King: 7.5/10
6. The House That Dripped Blood: 7.25/10
7. Peacocks: 7.25/10
8. First Few Desperate Hours: 7/10
9. Tallahassee: 6.5/10

Very consistent album thus far.

Have to Explode though.....:sigh:

That one is probably my least favorite because that particular cliche/piece of imagery has been wrung dry. It's got a good melody though, but where it is on the album I can't help but wonder what could have been had it been placed in an earlier slot. The final half is way too slow.

That one is probably my least favorite because that particular cliche/piece of imagery has been wrung dry. It's got a good melody though, but where it is on the album I can't help but wonder what could have been had it been placed in an earlier slot. The final half is way too slow.

Must admit I didn't pay terribly close attention to Have To Explode's lyrics. I liked it musically, though.

I had a bit of a problem with International Small Arms Traffic Blues. I felt it was starting to really go somewhere, then it ends. I was thinking it'd be an 8/10 track, but I felt a little let down and only gave it 7/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom