Mom is fucking cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Got an email from my Mom today:

"There is a commercial on T.V. for AT&T and SBC (I think) that has an Oasis song being played. I saw it a few times, thought maybe it was Wonder Stuff, but I knew for sure it reminded me of you. Last night Carrie saw it and told me it was Oasis. Keep your eyes and ears open."

How many 59 year old Moms know Oasis?

Let alone The Wonder Stuff.

Hell, only 5 people on this board know The Wonder Stuff.

Go Mom. :dance:

23_4_176.gif

:wink:

:up: cool. my mom (6 years younger than your mom) definitely doesn't know who the wonder stuff are. she likes idlewild, though.

My mum is 65 and she bought X&Y by Coldplay, though I suspect many people on here wouldn't consider that cool! I do though!:wink: She was also listening to a CD I did for her with The Smiths and Gomez on it and said she quite liked it:cool:

my Mother is in her 60's- she loves Elvis, Johnny Cash, U2, she likes Bruce too. Lately she's on a Neil Diamond kick. She doesn't know who the current popular people are, though she never hesitates to offer an opinion regarding how they dress, look, etc.

lol, i seen that comercail two days ago for the first time and i was talking to my dad and all of a sudden i heard "all around the world, you gotta spread the word..." and i was like :ohmy: OASIS!!!! lol, i freaked out, i almost fanted, seriously lol.

cool mom you have there :). My dad always calls me from work when he hears an oasis tune playin, he puts me on hold so i can listen to it :)

My Mum's 40 and I think she went through a mid-life crisis, realising that she didn't know or like any recent music so now she's really into The Killers, My Chemical Romance(!) and Green Day. She completely overplays all three, so it's a tad irritating.

Yeah... I freaked about that commerical too :)

I ran in from the other room... yelled "THAT'S OASIS!" and pointed at the tv... my family just looked at me... as usual :|

My mom rocks as well... took her to a Bravery concert earlier this year, she's coming with me to Coldplay in March, she would have gone to U2 if she had time... she's not as fanatic about music as I am, but she definitely understands and gets into it :)

my mom is 58 and went to two u2 shows this year. she also loves ryan adams.
cool moms rock.

MrBrau1 said:

The Wonder Stuff are the greatest Brit-Pop band of all time.

Here, here!

if you don't know the wonderstuff, track down 'never loved elvis'.
i can't imagine anyone would be disappointed.

Saw that ad last night during the Rose Bowl.

Got my dad into Death Cab recently. Other stuff too over the course of the years. Audioslave, Damien Rice, Sigur Ros, John Mayer, Modest Mouse, Keane, Pete Yorn

And he is HUGE into Radiohead now. 52 year old man absolutely loves Kid A. Go figure.

I've turned my 60 year old officemate into a mad Radiohead fan. Let's not forget that 60 year olds today were rocking out hard long before the rest of us were. She also bought Coldplay over the holidays without consulting with me first. She said it's dumb. :giggle:

But yeah, your mom's cool. :up:

Last edited:
Mom knowing Wonder Stuff :up:

My dad says that he cannot understand the lyrics with all of that loud guitar (talking about U2). SO, I bought him the "strings" CD for Radiohead. That was too ecclectic for him. :|

I saw it last night and though it is not as impressive, my 10 year old sister got the oasis bit....

Maybe wonderyears knowledge will come at 12.

sort of the opposite but kind of the same topic, my 14-year old brother is really into the who, bob dylan, simon & garfunkel, tom petty, johnny cash, ac/dc, and iron maiden.

my Dad is in his 60's when U2 were doing the zootv tour...they were on the front of a parade magazine cover and he passed it to me and sometimes he asks me if im still into em

he supports my fanness

Back
Top Bottom