Mollie's Nipple, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if replies go to shit and seem distracted ... it's not drunkenness, it's the fact that I find it very hard to do anything else while watching TV. I find it an astonishingly distracting medium.

Wow, I'm surprised by that, too! I wonder which others she hasn't done yet. Maybe I should stop wondering.

:lol: I had a similar thought ...

:lol: Personally, I'd go for France. :wink:

Yeah, but France launched a terrorist attack on New Zealand, so fuck the frogs. I'd only support them against the Yanks.

And now it's 13-0 to Australia. Not looking good for Les Bleus.

As I said, not the hugest fan of cake here, but a good chocolate cake is divine. Horribly, sickeningly divine. Can she still cook it?

Yeah, she can still cook it - in fact, these days she cooks a lot of stuff she can't actually eat. And she's never actually been much a fan of chocolate cake, but since I came along ... well, I love my chocolate cake and it was a staple of my childhood. My mother is much more into banana cake.

No excuse? WHAT IF YOU'RE BONO ooh schnapps

:lmao: WIN.

Yeah, this aged tasty I have is just like normal tasty, but more crumbly. Ah well, works on crackers well at least. Hope it goes with the pinot gris. There we go, the port's done. Aiming to down three glasses during this half of rugby.

Have you tried Mersey Valley cheeses? Great Tasmanian cheddar brand, really crumbly and tasty. I think if you could get a variety pack of their stuff, it'd be worth it.

Also, aim higher. :wink:

And yeah, I was more thinking of using the haloumi in my lunches, actually.

Cool, cool. I usually eat it on its own, maybe with some salad and tzatziki. If you want to impress yourself one night, you can make a great Greek platter with haloumi, tzatziki, marinated olives, fried pita bread and some loukanika (or chorizo) on a nice big white plate. It'd probably taste the same as stuff at a restaurant, too!

The "You'll Love Coles" stuff is here and yeah, tends to be reliable. I usually get their chips, for instance. Why pay $2 more for Red Rock Deli chips? Sure, Red Rock Deli fucking owns, but not for the prices they charge.

Red Rock Deli makes the best stuff. Lime and Black Pepper and Thai Lime and Ginger for the win, all round. :drool: They used to be the only potato chips the school canteen sold. Everybody would win on that deal.

Oh damn, I've no dips to try that, and it sounds really good too. :( Pantry's rather bare in most regards, to tell the truth, thanks to rising food prices.

Check it out next time you have a cheese/rugby night. I 'discovered' it the Christmas before last and spoiled the main meal on it (which was okay, we were only eating roast or something 'orribly boring like that). I've really sucked at buying groceries since the prices have risen.

Have you tried Mersey Valley cheeses? Great Tasmanian cheddar brand, really crumbly and tasty. I think if you could get a variety pack of their stuff, it'd be worth it.

Also, aim higher. :wink:

Ooh, no, I haven't - will keep my eye out.

And I fear I won't even make the 3 glass target this half, though that's partly due to having to do some surgery on the vintage tasty. The wrapping must've been torn and a couple of sides went bad, but after cutting that away, the rest of the cheese looks, tastes, smells fine. But next half, it's all on, let's see how sloshed I can get.

Cool, cool. I usually eat it on its own, maybe with some salad and tzatziki. If you want to impress yourself one night, you can make a great Greek platter with haloumi, tzatziki, marinated olives, fried pita bread and some loukanika (or chorizo) on a nice big white plate. It'd probably taste the same as stuff at a restaurant, too!

Oh, that sounds absolutely fantastic. Seriously, I need more meal ideas that are relatively easy and preferably cheap, because my usual stuff is getting so fucking boring. But - don't tell me now, not when I'm getting drunk. I'll forget!

Fuck you Australia, 19-0. France are playing horribly.

Red Rock Deli makes the best stuff. Lime and Black Pepper and Thai Lime and Ginger for the win, all round. :drool: They used to be the only potato chips the school canteen sold. Everybody would win on that deal.

Ha, you named the two flavours I can't stand. The chicken and sweet chili ones, I forget their precise names, are my two favourites. Either way, they own. And my school just had bog-standard Smiths stuff at the canteen. Also, you called it a canteen! Damn Queenslanders got me into calling it a tuckshop and I'm now used to that, rather than 'canteen' as I would say back in New Zealand.

Check it out next time you have a cheese/rugby night.

Hell yes. Next cheese/rugby night will probably be in two weeks. Next week is NZ vs South Africa and no Aussie game, so unless I find a pub showing it and somebody willing to come ... :sigh:

Forgive me if replies go to shit and seem distracted ... it's not drunkenness, it's the fact that I find it very hard to do anything else while watching TV. I find it an astonishingly distracting medium.

Ah, s'okay. Used to that sort of thing myself.

Yeah, but France launched a terrorist attack on New Zealand, so fuck the frogs. I'd only support them against the Yanks.

And now it's 13-0 to Australia. Not looking good for Les Bleus.

Oh fuck, I forgot about that. Well, France has cool things to make up for that, like their sweet accents, so I'm still torn with who to support.

Yeah, she can still cook it - in fact, these days she cooks a lot of stuff she can't actually eat. And she's never actually been much a fan of chocolate cake, but since I came along ... well, I love my chocolate cake and it was a staple of my childhood. My mother is much more into banana cake.

That's pretty cool of her. I'm not very familiar with banana cake, but curiously, despite my hatred towards the drink, I think coffee cake can often be really nice.

Oh for god's sake! France, your discipline and scrum suck, and you deserve to be 24-0 down!

2 glasses down for me ... time for another pinot gris, it goes well with vintage tasty on plain Sakata crackers ...

Oh fuck, I forgot about that. Well, France has cool things to make up for that, like their sweet accents, so I'm still torn with who to support.

Yeah, and my name's French and they do great wine and stuff. I wish I knew French too. But I still can't support them in rugby.

And hey, Paul Honiss of New Zealand is refereeing tonight! Just had a little brawl, his response was amazingly rational and well-balanced. I like him a lot as a ref, and not just because he's a Kiwi.

That's pretty cool of her. I'm not very familiar with banana cake, but curiously, despite my hatred towards the drink, I think coffee cake can often be really nice.

Yikes, coffee cake? Keep it away!

Fuck France, way to blow 2 or 3 try opportunities in the space of a minute!

AND WHAT. They're down 26-0 and get a penalty their way, but instead of taking a scrum and the chance of scoring a try, they just take a penalty! WHAT. Penalties are not enough! Fucking hell, you guys are dumb. But now it's 26-3.

Ooh, no, I haven't - will keep my eye out.

And I fear I won't even make the 3 glass target this half, though that's partly due to having to do some surgery on the vintage tasty. The wrapping must've been torn and a couple of sides went bad, but after cutting that away, the rest of the cheese looks, tastes, smells fine. But next half, it's all on, let's see how sloshed I can get.

Their cheeses are easy to find here, so hopefully you won't have a problem in Victoria. I'm only really familiar with the original, but there are a few flavours I've been meaning to try, like basil and pesto.

You're not trying hard enough! Scull one glass and then sip the next one nice and proper, as if nothing happened.

Oh, that sounds absolutely fantastic. Seriously, I need more meal ideas that are relatively easy and preferably cheap, because my usual stuff is getting so fucking boring. But - don't tell me now, not when I'm getting drunk. I'll forget!

Heh, I can't cook too much stuff. I just get ideas when I try something at a restaurant that feels reasonably within my league. That reminds me, I may try and make that haloumi pizza I showed to you a while ago (from that novelty fake menu I made).

Fuck you Australia, 19-0. France are playing horribly.

Oh dear. On les aura!

Ha, you named the two flavours I can't stand. The chicken and sweet chili ones, I forget their precise names, are my two favourites. Either way, they own. And my school just had bog-standard Smiths stuff at the canteen. Also, you called it a canteen! Damn Queenslanders got me into calling it a tuckshop and I'm now used to that, rather than 'canteen' as I would say back in New Zealand.

Oh, I love those flavours because they're different, not like the same old honey soy chicken or whatever that you can also get with Kettle chips and such. I guess they're an acquired taste. I haven't had either in a while, though.

The fuck is a "tuckshop"? Fucking Queenslanders.

Hell yes. Next cheese/rugby night will probably be in two weeks. Next week is NZ vs South Africa and no Aussie game, so unless I find a pub showing it and somebody willing to come ... :sigh:

I'll book a flight right now!

Yeah, and my name's French and they do great wine and stuff. I wish I knew French too. But I still can't support them in rugby.

Fair enough.

(I wish I had a French name instead of this Scottish shit or whatever it is. I'm probably more French than Scottish anyway. :grumpy:).

Yikes, coffee cake? Keep it away!

I would be totally on your side, and I think there's a fine line between good coffee cake and bleaaargh coffee cake, but the good stuff is swell, honest!

Their cheeses are easy to find here, so hopefully you won't have a problem in Victoria. I'm only really familiar with the original, but there are a few flavours I've been meaning to try, like basil and pesto.

You're not trying hard enough! Scull one glass and then sip the next one nice and proper, as if nothing happened.

I'll keep an eye out. I'm mainly just used to seeing Mainland, Coon, and Coles in the local supermarket, but I haven't been looking too hard.

Haha, I just went through my third glass fast, it's nearly done now, maybe it will be totally done once I'm done with this post.

Heh, I can't cook too much stuff. I just get ideas when I try something at a restaurant that feels reasonably within my league. That reminds me, I may try and make that haloumi pizza I showed to you a while ago (from that novelty fake menu I made).

You need to show me more of that fake menu. It was amazing.

And some of that Indian stuff we had at the Curry Vault was interesting, I'd like to expand my cooking.

The fuck is a "tuckshop"? Fucking Queenslanders.

Those bastards taught me to call a canteen a 'tuckshop' and a water fountain a 'bubbler'. Goddamnit, 9 years in Queensland is not good for anyone.

I'll book a flight right now!

:lol: What, you won the Lotto? :wink:

Might have to see what U-Wen's doing ...

And there we go, three glasses done.

(I wish I had a French name instead of this Scottish shit or whatever it is. I'm probably more French than Scottish anyway. :grumpy:).

WHAT. Bonnie is an awesome name, seriously.

And I've loosely got some French in me, heh. Or maybe Scottish. One last name in my family is Frater. Now, the story goes that all Fraters in the world are related, and it originated from two brothers who were monks. They abandoned the monastery and took the last name of Frater. But some versions of the story say they were French, while others say they were Scottish. The French one is probably right, and is the one I hear most.

I would be totally on your side, and I think there's a fine line between good coffee cake and bleaaargh coffee cake, but the good stuff is swell, honest!

I find this truly hard to believe! But it has to be better than carrot cake. I love the cream cheese icing stuff, but the carrot cake part can go to hell.

OK, this blog reviews the wine I'm drinking - Te Henga's pinot gris (the second entry), though I'm drinking the 2007 vintage, not the 2006. Pinot gris tends to be best young. Anyway, I was initially underwhelmed by the first two sips, felt there was not too much happening and that it didn't last in the mouth. But wow, this is really opening up to me. The taste left in my mouth is delicious, a kind of fruity spiciness, and it goes down astonishingly easily. The more I drink of this wine, the more I'm a fan of it. Might have to go buy another bottle of it.

You need to show me more of that fake menu. It was amazing.

It's in Adelaide, but I'll send it to you when I get back. I'm not a good cook but I'm always interested in seeing different pizza combinations for some reason. I like the art of simplicity that certain places take, and I'm also thinking of (NERD ALERT) trying to make an early pizza prototype made by the ancient Greeks and Persians, I don't know exactly how they cooked it though, and of course they didn't have tomato. I would imagine it would be similar to thin herb breads, but with olives, spices and if you were well off, some meat.

And some of that Indian stuff we had at the Curry Vault was interesting, I'd like to expand my cooking.

Ah, Indian food is a tricky one, because you tend to have to know exactly which amount of whatever you should put in, and often you have to do a lot of taste testing before you can find the exact sort of curry you want. You may have better luck, but my curry cooking abilities are so bad they nearly put me off the stuff for good! So yeah, just a warning - follow recipes closely if you go for it. :)

Those bastards taught me to call a canteen a 'tuckshop' and a water fountain a 'bubbler'. Goddamnit, 9 years in Queensland is not good for anyone.

What the fuuuuck.

I think Queensland should split and become its own country. Only someone hung up about Australian tourism would oppose that.

And there we go, three glasses done.

:rockon:

God France, get some fucking organisation and work together like a team. Stop playing like individuals! The lack of organisation just cost you a sure try! If the guy on the wing had been aware a kick was coming, he could have gathered and scored!

Just a little ILLEGAL QUOTE EDIT that can show you where I stand on sports at the moment:

God West Coast, get some fucking organisation and work together like a team. Stop playing like individuals! The lack of organisation just cost you a sure goal! If the guy on the half flank had been aware a kick was coming, he could have marked and scored!

It's in Adelaide, but I'll send it to you when I get back. I'm not a good cook but I'm always interested in seeing different pizza combinations for some reason. I like the art of simplicity that certain places take, and I'm also thinking of (NERD ALERT) trying to make an early pizza prototype made by the ancient Greeks and Persians, I don't know exactly how they cooked it though, and of course they didn't have tomato. I would imagine it would be similar to thin herb breads, but with olives, spices and if you were well off, some meat.

Awesome, I'd love to read the whole thing - I'll probably give some of them a try. I think I'm not a bad cook, so we'll see how it works out. Certainly my mother and Kate both like(d) my cooking, and Ali and Melissa enjoyed my muffins, so we'll see how I go. I'd like to believe I inherited at least a bit of Mum's talent.

And haha, that's nerdtastic. Do let me know how that works out.

Nearly done glass four. StarOting to feel a bit of an effect, but mainly on my balance. Still had enough logical processes to know whether to use 'affect' or 'effect' there! And there we go, glass four's done. Damn, I'm loving this pinot gris.

Ah, Indian food is a tricky one, because you tend to have to know exactly which amount of whatever you should put in, and often you have to do a lot of taste testing before you can find the exact sort of curry you want. You may have better luck, but my curry cooking abilities are so bad they nearly put me off the stuff for good! So yeah, just a warning - follow recipes closely if you go for it. :)

Ahh, OK. Yeah, I find with Italian you can just bung stuff in and experiment and it'll work out edible. Though I looooved that naan bread, so at least having that as a side dish would be nice.

I think Queensland should split and become its own country. Only someone hung up about Australian tourism would oppose that.

I think this is a fucking good idea and it would really boost Australia's IQ too.

Just a little ILLEGAL QUOTE EDIT that can show you where I stand on sports at the moment:

:laugh: Poor you. Just lucky you didn't go to that game in Melbourne with Ali. :wink:

God, France just keep fucking up. This is sad and miserable.

Scorecards:

Australia 26 - 3 France

Pinot gris 3 - 1 tawny port

Onto fourth glass of pinot gris; I'm really loving this. I should also point out that I tend to pour more than a standard glass - I don't skimp at all.

WHAT. Bonnie is an awesome name, seriously.

And I've loosely got some French in me, heh. Or maybe Scottish. One last name in my family is Frater. Now, the story goes that all Fraters in the world are related, and it originated from two brothers who were monks. They abandoned the monastery and took the last name of Frater. But some versions of the story say they were French, while others say they were Scottish. The French one is probably right, and is the one I hear most.

I like it more now than I did when I was younger, but there's something about it I still don't really dig. Could be a lot worse, though.

That's neat. :up: But why would someone want to take the name of Frater?

God, I hate Channel 7's commentators. They seem to be bitching about the Kiwi ref just because he's Kiwi. Fuck off.

Hey, Robbie Deans? Fuck you, you traitor! TRAAAAIIIIITOOOOOOR. And fuck you, New Zealand Rugby Football Union, for not securing his services and keeping him on Kiwi soil. Goddamn, you guys are fools for letting him go.

And 31-3 to Australia now.

Awesome, I'd love to read the whole thing - I'll probably give some of them a try. I think I'm not a bad cook, so we'll see how it works out. Certainly my mother and Kate both like(d) my cooking, and Ali and Melissa enjoyed my muffins, so we'll see how I go. I'd like to believe I inherited at least a bit of Mum's talent.

And haha, that's nerdtastic. Do let me know how that works out.

That would be really cool, if we both tried a few different ones and compared them. We probably have inherently different styles of cooking pizza, so it could be interesting. If yours turns out good, you can have a job at my super Mt. Olympus themed restaurant bar. :wink:

Will do! Just need to find out which type of bread they most commonly used. The ancient Greeks had over 80 different types of bread. Also, you'll like this - the island of Rhodes was well known for its "sweet wines", so they may have made something very similar to port. See, it wouldn't have been that bad living 2500 years ago!

StarOting to feel a bit of an effect,

Hope this wasn't intentional!

Ahh, OK. Yeah, I find with Italian you can just bung stuff in and experiment and it'll work out edible. Though I looooved that naan bread, so at least having that as a side dish would be nice.

Yeah, exactly. Nobody usually cares how you make pizza, unless the pepperoni is off or something. Indian food seems to me like a real art. My brother has made naan before, he may be able to give a few tips - I have been meaning to at least try making cheese naan, I guess that can't really go wrong!

I think this is a fucking good idea and it would really boost Australia's IQ too.

Okay, taking over the Australian government, brb.

I like it more now than I did when I was younger, but there's something about it I still don't really dig. Could be a lot worse, though.

That's neat. :up: But why would someone want to take the name of Frater?

See, I think it's a really nice name. I'm surprised I haven't used it for a character in a story yet. Hm, my writing, now there's something I should pursue over the holidays. But yeah, it's a name I quite like.

Frater is from "fraternity", i.e. they were brothers. Mum and Nan both really like the name, and Nan reverted to it after she divorced Grandad (Mum has kept her married name, mainly because she shares it with me and is used to it), but I'm not keen on it. The only last name in the family that I really like is Keesing.

See, I think it's a really nice name. I'm surprised I haven't used it for a character in a story yet. Hm, my writing, now there's something I should pursue over the holidays. But yeah, it's a name I quite like.

Frater is from "fraternity", i.e. they were brothers. Mum and Nan both really like the name, and Nan reverted to it after she divorced Grandad (Mum has kept her married name, mainly because she shares it with me and is used to it), but I'm not keen on it. The only last name in the family that I really like is Keesing.

You still write, then? I know Axver comes from one of your own characters, but I wasn't aware you still did stuff like that. See, I loved writing when I was younger but I don't really do that much anymore. Although when I do, everyone seems to like it, so I don't know, maybe I should get into that.

Oh, of course! That's not such a bad name, then. I wouldn't mind looking at the family tree again, just for something interesting. Grandpa said there was, funnily enough, an Indian name going back a bit, but I don't know what it is, or what tree it's on.

Hey, France, you fucking suck!

And Australia, so do you! How could you possibly pass to nowhere and blow that sure opportunity? For fuck's sake! Also:

Pinot gris 4 - 1 tawny port.

Time for more pinot gris. This is sensational, truly.

That would be really cool, if we both tried a few different ones and compared them. We probably have inherently different styles of cooking pizza, so it could be interesting. If yours turns out good, you can have a job at my super Mt. Olympus themed restaurant bar. :wink:

Will do! Just need to find out which type of bread they most commonly used. The ancient Greeks had over 80 different types of bread. Also, you'll like this - the island of Rhodes was well known for its "sweet wines", so they may have made something very similar to port. See, it wouldn't have been that bad living 2500 years ago!

Hah, my style of making pizza can be very rough-and-ready at times, more about saving time and making life easy than anything else. I guess with cooking for myself, I'm focused on sustinence more than anything else. I don't need to impress myself with my cooking, you know?

And ooh, awesome. You know, despite my love of port, I tend to prefer my wines to be drier. But sweet wine made properly is absolutely DIVINE. Late harvest chardonnay is a favourite of mine.

Hope this wasn't intentional!

Stunningly enough, it wasn't! Wow, a typo that got past me. Remarkable.

And dear god, 38-3 to Australia. This is brutal. Australia isn't even playing that well. France are just WOEFUL. Why are they even here? This is a third-string side and I don't know why they are even bothering. They haven't a clue what to do. There we go, conversion, 40-3 now.

Yeah, exactly. Nobody usually cares how you make pizza, unless the pepperoni is off or something. Indian food seems to me like a real art. My brother has made naan before, he may be able to give a few tips - I have been meaning to at least try making cheese naan, I guess that can't really go wrong!

Exactly; pizza is hard to fuck up. As long as you put on half-decent ingredients and cook it long enough, people are sure to enjoy it. Will have to learn more about Indian. Wish my Indian neighbour was still my neighbour rather than somebody who has disappeared out of my life - I bet he could have taught me a lot.

FUCK, Australia, you had a golden opportunity there and blew it! You may be 40-3, but you don't deserve it. Most underwhelming, unspectacular 40-3 ever.

Okay, taking over the Australian government, brb.

:drool:

Can I be Minister for Transport? :hyper:

You still write, then? I know Axver comes from one of your own characters, but I wasn't aware you still did stuff like that. See, I loved writing when I was younger but I don't really do that much anymore. Although when I do, everyone seems to like it, so I don't know, maybe I should get into that.

Oh, of course! That's not such a bad name, then. I wouldn't mind looking at the family tree again, just for something interesting. Grandpa said there was, funnily enough, an Indian name going back a bit, but I don't know what it is, or what tree it's on.

Yeah, I still write. Haven't done so much since about April, when uni got really busy, but last summer, I wrote very intensely. My style used to be focused on action-adventure, but now you can tell I'm a Dostoevsky fan and that I like to explore religious matters in a socio-cultural and socio-political context (as opposed to dealing with them theologically). The Axvers have passed into history though; I now associate the name far too much with myself. Bit of a shame, really, but I don't have the passion for writing action-adventure as I used to.

Heh, cool. Speaking of India, I suspect that my actual last name is a fraud, created by my great-grandfather after he abandoned the British Army in India. My grandmother believes this could be plausible. The general agreement is that he took a new name upon arriving in New Zealand in order to start anew with life. Whatever the case, we have no idea where my last name comes from, or what my great-grandfather's origins were. He took that to his grave.

5th glass just about done. Feeling intoxicated even if I may not seem it. Whee.

I put it on the game, and haha, I don't know much about RU, but I know enough to tell that France has absolutely no will.

Yeah, this is true. The French have just been miserable. At least they just scored a try on full time. The commentators are talking up the Wallabies, but honestly, the Wallabies have not been impressive - this was just an astonishingly easy French team to beat. I suppose that's what you get when this is the first time a third of the team has played at the international level! The lack of organisation is staggering, and I'm disappointed these games have not been contests.

40-10 at full time. Wow, how underwhelming. But at least I'm pissed! :lol:

Also, the ad on TV right now has the worst cover ever of Who Are You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom