Mollie's Nipple, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, what now? Seriously, the trucking lobby shits me more than almost anything, and the fact it has so much political power is nauseating.

These fucking cunts run down taxpayer roads and pay fuck-all for the privilege while spewing all kinds of shit into the sky to inefficiently transport craploads of freight that rail and coastal shipping could handle far more effectively. Fuck them with a rusty fucking fork.

... just needed to get that out.

Their biggest complaint? The government closed a loophole that allowed these wankers to cheat the government out of millions of dollars. They're greedy cunts, pure and simple and the support they're getting here makes me feel sick.

Oh Man, five minutes into The Royal Tenenbaums and I'm already remembering how much I love it.

Their biggest complaint? The government closed a loophole that allowed these wankers to cheat the government out of millions of dollars. They're greedy cunts, pure and simple and the support they're getting here makes me feel sick.

Honestly, the revocation of the 1931 Transport Licencing Act in the 1980s was easily one of the stupidest moves by a Kiwi government ever. It directly led to the privatisation of the railways and was just a general fuck-up all round.

I would entirely support the return of the Licencing Act (i.e. if a rail route is available, trucking cannot legally compete with it beyond a certain distance - which was 150km at the time of revocation), or HUGE petrol taxes for commercial trucking operations to force them to pay for the maintenance of the road network that they use. It is not a level playing field when rail has to maintain all of its own infrastructure while a trucking company just needs to buy a few semi-trailers and can bang the crap out of publicly maintained roads that it doesn't spend a cent to maintain.

Fuck the trucking industry.

I think truckers make the world go around

I can't let this slide.

The freighting industry makes the world go around. Rail, sea, trucking, and air. Each has its own sphere within which it is the most effective and efficient form of transportation. Rail, for example, on bulk land haulage simply cannot be matched, e.g. coal or grain. And for comparatively small time-sensitive cargo such as the mail, air is usually superior by far. However, the trucking industry seems to have a massively inflated ego and thinks that it is the most effective and efficient form of transportation for anything in any sphere and should be subsidised to the tune of billions of taxpayer dollars. This despite the fact that any objective analysis shows that beyond its sphere - which is primarily feeding heavy-haulage rail and shipping networks - it is grossly inefficient and environmentally and socially detrimental.

God. I am so tired. About to fall asleep here.

I don't even understand what's going on anymore. Something about trucks, and Axver is salivating because he gets to be nerdy.

:laugh:

Nerdtastic ranting. :drool:

Just wait until I've had a bottle of port or something later, too.

You know who else are cunts? Channel 7. Who seem to think that Victorians would rather watch the Vicar of Dibley than Australia vs France live in the rugby.

This is the one thing I don't like about living in Victoria. The game would be broadcast live back up in Brisbane. :madspit:

You know who else are cunts? Channel 7. Who seem to think that Victorians would rather watch the Vicar of Dibley than Australia vs France live in the rugby.

This is the one thing I don't like about living in Victoria. The game would be broadcast live back up in Brisbane. :madspit:

:lmao: I would rather watch the Vicar of Dibley than a rugby match. In fact I watch it quite regularly and find it highly amusing.:D

football and other sports invade my normal tv all the time and it sucks :mad:

And hopefully not dreaming what I dreamt last night :uhoh:

Siemens.jpg

I just can't help myself, no matter how much I keep running this joke into the ground.

Honestly, the revocation of the 1931 Transport Licencing Act in the 1980s was easily one of the stupidest moves by a Kiwi government ever. It directly led to the privatisation of the railways and was just a general fuck-up all round.

I would entirely support the return of the Licencing Act (i.e. if a rail route is available, trucking cannot legally compete with it beyond a certain distance - which was 150km at the time of revocation), or HUGE petrol taxes for commercial trucking operations to force them to pay for the maintenance of the road network that they use. It is not a level playing field when rail has to maintain all of its own infrastructure while a trucking company just needs to buy a few semi-trailers and can bang the crap out of publicly maintained roads that it doesn't spend a cent to maintain.

Fuck the trucking industry.

The last thing I want to do is to get into a debate about this which i don't know much about, maybe another day it's 2:48 a.m. est usa here.

:lmao: I would rather watch the Vicar of Dibley than a rugby match. In fact I watch it quite regularly and find it highly amusing.:D

football and other sports invade my normal tv all the time and it sucks :mad:

I've nothing against the Vicar of Dibley, except when it gets in the way of my fucking rugby. Anything that does that can kindly sod off.

And there's almost never sport on TV any more! What are you complaining about? It's all on bloody Fux Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom