Mollie's Nipple, Utah Superthread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #481
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:29 AM
Forgive me if replies go to shit and seem distracted ... it's not drunkenness, it's the fact that I find it very hard to do anything else while watching TV. I find it an astonishingly distracting medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Wow, I'm surprised by that, too! I wonder which others she hasn't done yet. Maybe I should stop wondering.
I had a similar thought ...

Quote:
Personally, I'd go for France.
Yeah, but France launched a terrorist attack on New Zealand, so fuck the frogs. I'd only support them against the Yanks.

And now it's 13-0 to Australia. Not looking good for Les Bleus.

Quote:
As I said, not the hugest fan of cake here, but a good chocolate cake is divine. Horribly, sickeningly divine. Can she still cook it?
Yeah, she can still cook it - in fact, these days she cooks a lot of stuff she can't actually eat. And she's never actually been much a fan of chocolate cake, but since I came along ... well, I love my chocolate cake and it was a staple of my childhood. My mother is much more into banana cake.

Quote:
No excuse? WHAT IF YOU'RE BONO ooh schnapps
WIN.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #482
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, this aged tasty I have is just like normal tasty, but more crumbly. Ah well, works on crackers well at least. Hope it goes with the pinot gris. There we go, the port's done. Aiming to down three glasses during this half of rugby.
Have you tried Mersey Valley cheeses? Great Tasmanian cheddar brand, really crumbly and tasty. I think if you could get a variety pack of their stuff, it'd be worth it.

Also, aim higher.

Quote:
And yeah, I was more thinking of using the haloumi in my lunches, actually.
Cool, cool. I usually eat it on its own, maybe with some salad and tzatziki. If you want to impress yourself one night, you can make a great Greek platter with haloumi, tzatziki, marinated olives, fried pita bread and some loukanika (or chorizo) on a nice big white plate. It'd probably taste the same as stuff at a restaurant, too!

Quote:
The "You'll Love Coles" stuff is here and yeah, tends to be reliable. I usually get their chips, for instance. Why pay $2 more for Red Rock Deli chips? Sure, Red Rock Deli fucking owns, but not for the prices they charge.
Red Rock Deli makes the best stuff. Lime and Black Pepper and Thai Lime and Ginger for the win, all round. They used to be the only potato chips the school canteen sold. Everybody would win on that deal.

Quote:
Oh damn, I've no dips to try that, and it sounds really good too. Pantry's rather bare in most regards, to tell the truth, thanks to rising food prices.
Check it out next time you have a cheese/rugby night. I 'discovered' it the Christmas before last and spoiled the main meal on it (which was okay, we were only eating roast or something 'orribly boring like that). I've really sucked at buying groceries since the prices have risen.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #483
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Have you tried Mersey Valley cheeses? Great Tasmanian cheddar brand, really crumbly and tasty. I think if you could get a variety pack of their stuff, it'd be worth it.

Also, aim higher.
Ooh, no, I haven't - will keep my eye out.

And I fear I won't even make the 3 glass target this half, though that's partly due to having to do some surgery on the vintage tasty. The wrapping must've been torn and a couple of sides went bad, but after cutting that away, the rest of the cheese looks, tastes, smells fine. But next half, it's all on, let's see how sloshed I can get.

Quote:
Cool, cool. I usually eat it on its own, maybe with some salad and tzatziki. If you want to impress yourself one night, you can make a great Greek platter with haloumi, tzatziki, marinated olives, fried pita bread and some loukanika (or chorizo) on a nice big white plate. It'd probably taste the same as stuff at a restaurant, too!
Oh, that sounds absolutely fantastic. Seriously, I need more meal ideas that are relatively easy and preferably cheap, because my usual stuff is getting so fucking boring. But - don't tell me now, not when I'm getting drunk. I'll forget!

Fuck you Australia, 19-0. France are playing horribly.

Quote:
Red Rock Deli makes the best stuff. Lime and Black Pepper and Thai Lime and Ginger for the win, all round. They used to be the only potato chips the school canteen sold. Everybody would win on that deal.
Ha, you named the two flavours I can't stand. The chicken and sweet chili ones, I forget their precise names, are my two favourites. Either way, they own. And my school just had bog-standard Smiths stuff at the canteen. Also, you called it a canteen! Damn Queenslanders got me into calling it a tuckshop and I'm now used to that, rather than 'canteen' as I would say back in New Zealand.

Quote:
Check it out next time you have a cheese/rugby night.
Hell yes. Next cheese/rugby night will probably be in two weeks. Next week is NZ vs South Africa and no Aussie game, so unless I find a pub showing it and somebody willing to come ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #484
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Forgive me if replies go to shit and seem distracted ... it's not drunkenness, it's the fact that I find it very hard to do anything else while watching TV. I find it an astonishingly distracting medium.
Ah, s'okay. Used to that sort of thing myself.

Quote:
Yeah, but France launched a terrorist attack on New Zealand, so fuck the frogs. I'd only support them against the Yanks.

And now it's 13-0 to Australia. Not looking good for Les Bleus.
Oh fuck, I forgot about that. Well, France has cool things to make up for that, like their sweet accents, so I'm still torn with who to support.

Quote:
Yeah, she can still cook it - in fact, these days she cooks a lot of stuff she can't actually eat. And she's never actually been much a fan of chocolate cake, but since I came along ... well, I love my chocolate cake and it was a staple of my childhood. My mother is much more into banana cake.
That's pretty cool of her. I'm not very familiar with banana cake, but curiously, despite my hatred towards the drink, I think coffee cake can often be really nice.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #485
Vocal parasite

Oh for god's sake! France, your discipline and scrum suck, and you deserve to be 24-0 down!

2 glasses down for me ... time for another pinot gris, it goes well with vintage tasty on plain Sakata crackers ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #486
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh fuck, I forgot about that. Well, France has cool things to make up for that, like their sweet accents, so I'm still torn with who to support.
Yeah, and my name's French and they do great wine and stuff. I wish I knew French too. But I still can't support them in rugby.

And hey, Paul Honiss of New Zealand is refereeing tonight! Just had a little brawl, his response was amazingly rational and well-balanced. I like him a lot as a ref, and not just because he's a Kiwi.

Quote:
That's pretty cool of her. I'm not very familiar with banana cake, but curiously, despite my hatred towards the drink, I think coffee cake can often be really nice.
Yikes, coffee cake? Keep it away!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #487
Vocal parasite

Fuck France, way to blow 2 or 3 try opportunities in the space of a minute!

AND WHAT. They're down 26-0 and get a penalty their way, but instead of taking a scrum and the chance of scoring a try, they just take a penalty! WHAT. Penalties are not enough! Fucking hell, you guys are dumb. But now it's 26-3.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Ooh, no, I haven't - will keep my eye out.

And I fear I won't even make the 3 glass target this half, though that's partly due to having to do some surgery on the vintage tasty. The wrapping must've been torn and a couple of sides went bad, but after cutting that away, the rest of the cheese looks, tastes, smells fine. But next half, it's all on, let's see how sloshed I can get.
Their cheeses are easy to find here, so hopefully you won't have a problem in Victoria. I'm only really familiar with the original, but there are a few flavours I've been meaning to try, like basil and pesto.

You're not trying hard enough! Scull one glass and then sip the next one nice and proper, as if nothing happened.

Quote:
Oh, that sounds absolutely fantastic. Seriously, I need more meal ideas that are relatively easy and preferably cheap, because my usual stuff is getting so fucking boring. But - don't tell me now, not when I'm getting drunk. I'll forget!
Heh, I can't cook too much stuff. I just get ideas when I try something at a restaurant that feels reasonably within my league. That reminds me, I may try and make that haloumi pizza I showed to you a while ago (from that novelty fake menu I made).

Quote:
Fuck you Australia, 19-0. France are playing horribly.
Oh dear. On les aura!

Quote:
Ha, you named the two flavours I can't stand. The chicken and sweet chili ones, I forget their precise names, are my two favourites. Either way, they own. And my school just had bog-standard Smiths stuff at the canteen. Also, you called it a canteen! Damn Queenslanders got me into calling it a tuckshop and I'm now used to that, rather than 'canteen' as I would say back in New Zealand.
Oh, I love those flavours because they're different, not like the same old honey soy chicken or whatever that you can also get with Kettle chips and such. I guess they're an acquired taste. I haven't had either in a while, though.

The fuck is a "tuckshop"? Fucking Queenslanders.

Quote:
Hell yes. Next cheese/rugby night will probably be in two weeks. Next week is NZ vs South Africa and no Aussie game, so unless I find a pub showing it and somebody willing to come ...
I'll book a flight right now!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yeah, and my name's French and they do great wine and stuff. I wish I knew French too. But I still can't support them in rugby.
Fair enough.

(I wish I had a French name instead of this Scottish shit or whatever it is. I'm probably more French than Scottish anyway. ).

Quote:
Yikes, coffee cake? Keep it away!
I would be totally on your side, and I think there's a fine line between good coffee cake and bleaaargh coffee cake, but the good stuff is swell, honest!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #490
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Their cheeses are easy to find here, so hopefully you won't have a problem in Victoria. I'm only really familiar with the original, but there are a few flavours I've been meaning to try, like basil and pesto.

You're not trying hard enough! Scull one glass and then sip the next one nice and proper, as if nothing happened.
I'll keep an eye out. I'm mainly just used to seeing Mainland, Coon, and Coles in the local supermarket, but I haven't been looking too hard.

Haha, I just went through my third glass fast, it's nearly done now, maybe it will be totally done once I'm done with this post.

Quote:
Heh, I can't cook too much stuff. I just get ideas when I try something at a restaurant that feels reasonably within my league. That reminds me, I may try and make that haloumi pizza I showed to you a while ago (from that novelty fake menu I made).
You need to show me more of that fake menu. It was amazing.

And some of that Indian stuff we had at the Curry Vault was interesting, I'd like to expand my cooking.

Quote:
The fuck is a "tuckshop"? Fucking Queenslanders.
Those bastards taught me to call a canteen a 'tuckshop' and a water fountain a 'bubbler'. Goddamnit, 9 years in Queensland is not good for anyone.

Quote:
I'll book a flight right now!
What, you won the Lotto?

Might have to see what U-Wen's doing ...

And there we go, three glasses done.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #491
Vocal parasite

Quote:
(I wish I had a French name instead of this Scottish shit or whatever it is. I'm probably more French than Scottish anyway. ).
WHAT. Bonnie is an awesome name, seriously.

And I've loosely got some French in me, heh. Or maybe Scottish. One last name in my family is Frater. Now, the story goes that all Fraters in the world are related, and it originated from two brothers who were monks. They abandoned the monastery and took the last name of Frater. But some versions of the story say they were French, while others say they were Scottish. The French one is probably right, and is the one I hear most.

Quote:
I would be totally on your side, and I think there's a fine line between good coffee cake and bleaaargh coffee cake, but the good stuff is swell, honest!
I find this truly hard to believe! But it has to be better than carrot cake. I love the cream cheese icing stuff, but the carrot cake part can go to hell.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #492
Vocal parasite

OK, this blog reviews the wine I'm drinking - Te Henga's pinot gris (the second entry), though I'm drinking the 2007 vintage, not the 2006. Pinot gris tends to be best young. Anyway, I was initially underwhelmed by the first two sips, felt there was not too much happening and that it didn't last in the mouth. But wow, this is really opening up to me. The taste left in my mouth is delicious, a kind of fruity spiciness, and it goes down astonishingly easily. The more I drink of this wine, the more I'm a fan of it. Might have to go buy another bottle of it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #493
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You need to show me more of that fake menu. It was amazing.
It's in Adelaide, but I'll send it to you when I get back. I'm not a good cook but I'm always interested in seeing different pizza combinations for some reason. I like the art of simplicity that certain places take, and I'm also thinking of (NERD ALERT) trying to make an early pizza prototype made by the ancient Greeks and Persians, I don't know exactly how they cooked it though, and of course they didn't have tomato. I would imagine it would be similar to thin herb breads, but with olives, spices and if you were well off, some meat.

Quote:
And some of that Indian stuff we had at the Curry Vault was interesting, I'd like to expand my cooking.
Ah, Indian food is a tricky one, because you tend to have to know exactly which amount of whatever you should put in, and often you have to do a lot of taste testing before you can find the exact sort of curry you want. You may have better luck, but my curry cooking abilities are so bad they nearly put me off the stuff for good! So yeah, just a warning - follow recipes closely if you go for it.

Quote:
Those bastards taught me to call a canteen a 'tuckshop' and a water fountain a 'bubbler'. Goddamnit, 9 years in Queensland is not good for anyone.
What the fuuuuck.

I think Queensland should split and become its own country. Only someone hung up about Australian tourism would oppose that.

Quote:
And there we go, three glasses done.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #494
Vocal parasite

God France, get some fucking organisation and work together like a team. Stop playing like individuals! The lack of organisation just cost you a sure try! If the guy on the wing had been aware a kick was coming, he could have gathered and scored!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Just a little ILLEGAL QUOTE EDIT that can show you where I stand on sports at the moment:

Quote:
God West Coast, get some fucking organisation and work together like a team. Stop playing like individuals! The lack of organisation just cost you a sure goal! If the guy on the half flank had been aware a kick was coming, he could have marked and scored!

Tags
superthread