Mollie's Nipple, Utah Superthread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2008, 06:29 AM   #451
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
Oooh you've got thunder? We haven't yet....still lots of hail and wind
We just had a thunderstorm zip over, right overhead.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #452
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:31 AM
OK, that was annoying. The batteries in my cordless mouse just suddenly died. Warning would have been nice.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 07:08 AM   #453
Vocal parasite

Deadus threadus?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 07:26 AM   #454
Vocal parasite

Oh god. I was just moving some stuff around in my bedroom when I came across my guitar and had a short strum. I think it is safe to say that 1. I have totally lost any guitar ability I formerly had, and 2. Phail is going to phail even more than any of us really expected.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 07:59 AM   #455
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:31 PM
riveby:
Old 07-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #456
Vocal parasite

phanan, that's not helpful in keeping the thread alive.

I wonder if the storms blew Ian and Kim away?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #457
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:01 AM
I might be able to help keep this show on the road there, Ax.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #458
Vocal parasite

Hey Bonnie!

Just listening to Catherine Wheel's Ferment right now. This is pretty cool so far.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #459
Blue Crack Addict

Ah, good stuff. Think you'll enjoy it.

I just went for a pub meal with Mum, Dad and a couple of their friends, mainly to see what the food at this new tavern down at a nearby beach was like. I know that all too often vegetarians aren't well catered for at them - usually there will be some vegetarian main, but it'd be made by people who don't really care about how it is, expecting that the orderer will enjoy it just because there are vegetables in it. Worst case scenario, they won't have anything on the menu appropriate and will completely refuse to change any meal for the sake of the orderer. That happened to my brother once, he wasn't fussy and just ordered chips and gravy because it's so simple, and the publicans wouldn't have any of that.

But, fortunately this particular pub made a nice puttanesca penne for me minus anchovies, as well as a good garlic bread. So I was happy with that.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #460
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Ah, good stuff. Think you'll enjoy it.
Yeah, I'm five tracks in so far - Black Metallic seems to have stuck out the most, but then it's hard to say much definitive on a first listen. Cracks me up that the vocalist is Bruce Dickinson's cousin, though. I know, I said that last night. But now that I'm hearing this, I'm even more amused.

Quote:
But, fortunately this particular pub made a nice puttanesca penne for me minus anchovies, as well as a good garlic bread. So I was happy with that.
Ah, awesome. Yeah, I wouldn't expect all pubs would be too welcoming of a vegetarian diet. My mother is the kind of person who, although not vegetarian, tends to not be a big fan of meat, especially red meat, and she hates it when family gatherings are at pubs or pub-like establishments because she has such a hard time finding anything she likes (and nowadays, due to pancreatitis, her limited diet makes that even harder).

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 08:56 AM   #461
Vocal parasite

OK, Shallow's a sweet track. Did you get to A Storm In Heaven? I know I keep bringing it up, but it seems each time we discuss it, there's some sort of solid intention to listen rather than a generic "yeah, I'll get around to it". Don't mean to pressure you or anything, though.

Also, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. Yesterday, I picked up a couple of bottles of wine for rather little, and judging by reviews online, I seem to have done well. I grabbed the Wolf Blass tawny port that I like, plus while at the bottle shop I stumbled across a bottle of pinot gris from New Zealand, Te Henga 2007 of Marlborough. I was actually looking for a riesling, but I wasn't going to turn down the chance of a drop from home. Looks like it's a good one too, going for a remarkably good price. And I've got my camembert cheese and crackers, and the rugby starts in 45 minutes or so, and I'm going to get drunk. Life is good.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, I'm five tracks in so far - Black Metallic seems to have stuck out the most, but then it's hard to say much definitive on a first listen. Cracks me up that the vocalist is Bruce Dickinson's cousin, though. I know, I said that last night. But now that I'm hearing this, I'm even more amused.
Yeah, Black Metallic is a great song, played a lot on some alternative stations in the States too apparently, so that's introducing a lot of people to CW. I really like I Want to Touch You and the title track, too. I might put it on tonight, depends on what I end up doing. I never knew he was related to Bruce Dickinson until ages after I started listening to them, so it was kind of a shock!

Quote:
Ah, awesome. Yeah, I wouldn't expect all pubs would be too welcoming of a vegetarian diet. My mother is the kind of person who, although not vegetarian, tends to not be a big fan of meat, especially red meat, and she hates it when family gatherings are at pubs or pub-like establishments because she has such a hard time finding anything she likes (and nowadays, due to pancreatitis, her limited diet makes that even harder).
Oh, that's pretty cool on her part, in fact that's how I have been until I decided to just go for the full on thing. Hope the pancreatitis isn't too big a deal, sorry to hear about though.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
OK, Shallow's a sweet track. Did you get to A Storm In Heaven? I know I keep bringing it up, but it seems each time we discuss it, there's some sort of solid intention to listen rather than a generic "yeah, I'll get around to it". Don't mean to pressure you or anything, though.

Also, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. Yesterday, I picked up a couple of bottles of wine for rather little, and judging by reviews online, I seem to have done well. I grabbed the Wolf Blass tawny port that I like, plus while at the bottle shop I stumbled across a bottle of pinot gris from New Zealand, Te Henga 2007 of Marlborough. I was actually looking for a riesling, but I wasn't going to turn down the chance of a drop from home. Looks like it's a good one too, going for a remarkably good price. And I've got my camembert cheese and crackers, and the rugby starts in 45 minutes or so, and I'm going to get drunk. Life is good.
As I said earlier, I had downloaded it back at Adelaide, but since you insist I'm downloading it here, now. Then I can listen to it on the way back home on Monday.

Nice stuff! Wish I were there, but it's just beer and maybe some tzatziki if I get hungry again. I think there's some sort of biscuit I can use with it.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #464
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, Black Metallic is a great song, played a lot on some alternative stations in the States too apparently, so that's introducing a lot of people to CW. I really like I Want to Touch You and the title track, too. I might put it on tonight, depends on what I end up doing. I never knew he was related to Bruce Dickinson until ages after I started listening to them, so it was kind of a shock!
The title track really took me by surprise. Firstly by how soft it is initially, and then - fucking hell, out of nowhere! Way to kick it up a notch. I like, I like a lot. Flower To Hide also seemed pretty memorable. I'm liking it all so far; probably the only track I wasn't that enthusiastic about was She's My Friend. Yeah, I get the point mate, she's your friend.

Quote:
Oh, that's pretty cool on her part, in fact that's how I have been until I decided to just go for the full on thing. Hope the pancreatitis isn't too big a deal, sorry to hear about though.
See, I just don't know how I could live without things like my salami, though my diet has more vegetables in it nowadays than it used to - primarily because I use napoli rather than bolognese sauce, and because I don't buy chicken any more due to how ridiculous the prices for it are and how little I enjoy actually preparing it.

Yeah, the pancreatitis is a bit of a pain, since certain foods are totally off-limits as they'd trigger a new attack. From my own perspective, it's disappointing that Mum can't try my cooking and baking, because just about everything I make has triggers (mainly far too much dairy). She's the one who taught me to cook and everything, so I'd love her to be able to try it. Partly because out of all people, I take her opinion most seriously on what's good and what's not. I mean, she used to be a professional cake decorator and has appeared on cooking shows and stuff, so she knows what she's on about.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #465
Vocal parasite

Quote:
As I said earlier, I had downloaded it back at Adelaide, but since you insist I'm downloading it here, now. Then I can listen to it on the way back home on Monday.

Nice stuff! Wish I were there, but it's just beer and maybe some tzatziki if I get hungry again. I think there's some sort of biscuit I can use with it.
Oooh. I totally misread you. I thought you'd said that you'd downloaded it and had it with you, but hadn't extracted it from the RAR file or something.

I was hoping to have a variety of cheeses, but even the cheapest camembert was fairly expensive. I opted for a fairly cheap one, but not the cheapest, because the cheapest was the Coles home brand that I know from experience with their blocks of tasty is just fucking dreadful.

Wait, coming to think of it, I think I have some aged tasty lying around ... that'd be some good variety. Wish I had some dried fruits too, since that would probably go well with the pinot gris.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread