Mollie's Nipple, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened?????
An English friend of mine went to Dublin on Holiday, and managed to record a low quality clip through the door. In my excitement, when she told me, I posted in a thread in WTAHNN that a friend of mine had heard them recording and recorded it. Part of the point of my post was to confirm that they WERE in Dublin, as early in the thread people were speculating on whether they were in Dublin or France.
Of course, everyone went crazy begging me to send them the clip, which I didn't even have and hadn't heard yet. And then my friend said she wasn't sure she even wanted the clip shared, but that she'd send it to me. I relayed this to the disappointed masses in the thread, but assured them I'd describe the clip as soon as I heard it.
The problem was, it was over a week before my friend finally got the chance to get the clip sent to me, and during that time I had to endure page after page of people bitching that I didn't have it yet and whining and moaning, and even speculating that there was no clip, and we were making it all up.
Thankfully, she decided I could share it... but then when I did, tons of people complained that you couldn't even hear anything in it except a couple of cars driving by.

An English friend of mine went to Dublin on Holiday, and managed to record a low quality clip through the door. In my excitement, when she told me, I posted in a thread in WTAHNN that a friend of mine had heard them recording and recorded it. Part of the point of my post was to confirm that they WERE in Dublin, as early in the thread people were speculating on whether they were in Dublin or France.
Of course, everyone went crazy begging me to send them the clip, which I didn't even have and hadn't heard yet. And then my friend said she wasn't sure she even wanted the clip shared, but that she'd send it to me. I relayed this to the disappointed masses in the thread, but assured them I'd describe the clip as soon as I heard it.
The problem was, it was over a week before my friend finally got the chance to get the clip sent to me, and during that time I had to endure page after page of people bitching that I didn't have it yet and whining and moaning, and even speculating that there was no clip, and we were making it all up.
Thankfully, she decided I could share it... but then when I did, tons of people complained that you couldn't even hear anything in it except a couple of cars driving by.

Sorry you had to deal with such nonsense. That lot are a crazy bunch of fucks, so it's not surprising that they behaved that way.

It wasn't the most ridiculous thing that ever happened, it was the worst. Chass was just being nice, and just, Jesus, look what occured. That's more what I mean,

And here's "Edgeback": http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/edgeback.swf

Thanks, Ash. That was exciting.

Yeah, people complain about the Coldplay thread, but the vitriol and retardation on display in that thread was beyond anything I've ever seen.

Rob has a tour de force in that thread.

On page 12, he misinterprets a DOL post due to an "explosion of intense jubilation."

walk Out in The Street, the windy, not quite you know, legit version, is pretty decent. I don't know it does sound like a song they already have, but maybe that's just because it's bono, he's always going to sound like BONO. But anyways, I'm not going to judge a quayclip, that's just silly.

Though he did say the name of the song at the beginning of the chorus :grumpy:

Honestly, I don't think the quality of the Surface of your Love clip was as bad as people made it out to be, it's just that they'd built it up in their minds so much because they had to wait, that when it was finally available, they were pissed that it *gasp* sounded like it had been recorded through a steel door outside of a large building on a busy street, with a freaking cell phone.

I just relistened to my mildly tweaked version, with the volume increased on all of it except the car noises, where I decreased it, and it's faint and there's a lot of white noise over it, but you can here the melody and some of the lyrics, and the beginning of the solo.

Not individually, but the whole thread was ridiculous. Someone tries to help people out, and said people jump on them for it not being good enough. I don't get it.

Not individually, but the whole thread was ridiculous. Someone tries to help people out, and said people jump on them for it not being good enough. I don't get it.

That's my problem as well. It wasn't one singular event, it was the idea of it in its entirety. And maybe, it's just personal because this happened to be a friend.

I think many of the replies in the thread Chass made for the mp3 are hilarious. People were attempting to pin down the next 4 years of U2's career based on something you could only vaguely hear. I love this forum. :heart:

I think many of the replies in the thread Chass made for mp3 are hilarious. People were attempting to pin down the next 4 years of U2's career based on something you could only vaguely hear. I love this forum. :heart:

Dude, people are analyzing the new sound based on a HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG! of course car noises are a point towards the future

Oh Tom Petty, you make me laugh,

Apparently when he wrote Jammin' Me in 1987 he must've thought Joe Piscopo would still be a relavent name years later

Ugh. My posts in FYM were braindead at best... and were made almost one year ago, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom