Mollie's Nipple, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, that was annoying. The batteries in my cordless mouse just suddenly died. Warning would have been nice. :madspit:

Oh god. I was just moving some stuff around in my bedroom when I came across my guitar and had a short strum. I think it is safe to say that 1. I have totally lost any guitar ability I formerly had, and 2. Phail is going to phail even more than any of us really expected.

phanan, that's not helpful in keeping the thread alive. :tsk:

I wonder if the storms blew Ian and Kim away?

Hey Bonnie! :wave:

Just listening to Catherine Wheel's Ferment right now. This is pretty cool so far. :up:

Ah, good stuff. :up: Think you'll enjoy it.

I just went for a pub meal with Mum, Dad and a couple of their friends, mainly to see what the food at this new tavern down at a nearby beach was like. I know that all too often vegetarians aren't well catered for at them - usually there will be some vegetarian main, but it'd be made by people who don't really care about how it is, expecting that the orderer will enjoy it just because there are vegetables in it. Worst case scenario, they won't have anything on the menu appropriate and will completely refuse to change any meal for the sake of the orderer. That happened to my brother once, he wasn't fussy and just ordered chips and gravy because it's so simple, and the publicans wouldn't have any of that.

But, fortunately this particular pub made a nice puttanesca penne for me minus anchovies, as well as a good garlic bread. So I was happy with that.

Ah, good stuff. :up: Think you'll enjoy it.

Yeah, I'm five tracks in so far - Black Metallic seems to have stuck out the most, but then it's hard to say much definitive on a first listen. Cracks me up that the vocalist is Bruce Dickinson's cousin, though. I know, I said that last night. But now that I'm hearing this, I'm even more amused.

But, fortunately this particular pub made a nice puttanesca penne for me minus anchovies, as well as a good garlic bread. So I was happy with that.

Ah, awesome. :up: Yeah, I wouldn't expect all pubs would be too welcoming of a vegetarian diet. My mother is the kind of person who, although not vegetarian, tends to not be a big fan of meat, especially red meat, and she hates it when family gatherings are at pubs or pub-like establishments because she has such a hard time finding anything she likes (and nowadays, due to pancreatitis, her limited diet makes that even harder).

OK, Shallow's a sweet track. Did you get to A Storm In Heaven? I know I keep bringing it up, but it seems each time we discuss it, there's some sort of solid intention to listen rather than a generic "yeah, I'll get around to it". Don't mean to pressure you or anything, though.

Also, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. Yesterday, I picked up a couple of bottles of wine for rather little, and judging by reviews online, I seem to have done well. I grabbed the Wolf Blass tawny port that I like, plus while at the bottle shop I stumbled across a bottle of pinot gris from New Zealand, Te Henga 2007 of Marlborough. I was actually looking for a riesling, but I wasn't going to turn down the chance of a drop from home. Looks like it's a good one too, going for a remarkably good price. And I've got my camembert cheese and crackers, and the rugby starts in 45 minutes or so, and I'm going to get drunk. Life is good.

Yeah, I'm five tracks in so far - Black Metallic seems to have stuck out the most, but then it's hard to say much definitive on a first listen. Cracks me up that the vocalist is Bruce Dickinson's cousin, though. I know, I said that last night. But now that I'm hearing this, I'm even more amused.

Yeah, Black Metallic is a great song, played a lot on some alternative stations in the States too apparently, so that's introducing a lot of people to CW. I really like I Want to Touch You and the title track, too. I might put it on tonight, depends on what I end up doing. I never knew he was related to Bruce Dickinson until ages after I started listening to them, so it was kind of a shock!

Ah, awesome. :up: Yeah, I wouldn't expect all pubs would be too welcoming of a vegetarian diet. My mother is the kind of person who, although not vegetarian, tends to not be a big fan of meat, especially red meat, and she hates it when family gatherings are at pubs or pub-like establishments because she has such a hard time finding anything she likes (and nowadays, due to pancreatitis, her limited diet makes that even harder).

Oh, that's pretty cool on her part, in fact that's how I have been until I decided to just go for the full on thing. Hope the pancreatitis isn't too big a deal, sorry to hear about though.

OK, Shallow's a sweet track. Did you get to A Storm In Heaven? I know I keep bringing it up, but it seems each time we discuss it, there's some sort of solid intention to listen rather than a generic "yeah, I'll get around to it". Don't mean to pressure you or anything, though.

Also, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. Yesterday, I picked up a couple of bottles of wine for rather little, and judging by reviews online, I seem to have done well. I grabbed the Wolf Blass tawny port that I like, plus while at the bottle shop I stumbled across a bottle of pinot gris from New Zealand, Te Henga 2007 of Marlborough. I was actually looking for a riesling, but I wasn't going to turn down the chance of a drop from home. Looks like it's a good one too, going for a remarkably good price. And I've got my camembert cheese and crackers, and the rugby starts in 45 minutes or so, and I'm going to get drunk. Life is good.

As I said earlier, I had downloaded it back at Adelaide, but since you insist I'm downloading it here, now. :wink: Then I can listen to it on the way back home on Monday.

Nice stuff! :up: Wish I were there, but it's just beer and maybe some tzatziki if I get hungry again. I think there's some sort of biscuit I can use with it.

Yeah, Black Metallic is a great song, played a lot on some alternative stations in the States too apparently, so that's introducing a lot of people to CW. I really like I Want to Touch You and the title track, too. I might put it on tonight, depends on what I end up doing. I never knew he was related to Bruce Dickinson until ages after I started listening to them, so it was kind of a shock!

The title track really took me by surprise. Firstly by how soft it is initially, and then - fucking hell, out of nowhere! Way to kick it up a notch. I like, I like a lot. Flower To Hide also seemed pretty memorable. I'm liking it all so far; probably the only track I wasn't that enthusiastic about was She's My Friend. Yeah, I get the point mate, she's your friend.

Oh, that's pretty cool on her part, in fact that's how I have been until I decided to just go for the full on thing. Hope the pancreatitis isn't too big a deal, sorry to hear about though.

See, I just don't know how I could live without things like my salami, though my diet has more vegetables in it nowadays than it used to - primarily because I use napoli rather than bolognese sauce, and because I don't buy chicken any more due to how ridiculous the prices for it are and how little I enjoy actually preparing it.

Yeah, the pancreatitis is a bit of a pain, since certain foods are totally off-limits as they'd trigger a new attack. From my own perspective, it's disappointing that Mum can't try my cooking and baking, because just about everything I make has triggers (mainly far too much dairy). She's the one who taught me to cook and everything, so I'd love her to be able to try it. Partly because out of all people, I take her opinion most seriously on what's good and what's not. I mean, she used to be a professional cake decorator and has appeared on cooking shows and stuff, so she knows what she's on about.

As I said earlier, I had downloaded it back at Adelaide, but since you insist I'm downloading it here, now. :wink: Then I can listen to it on the way back home on Monday.

Nice stuff! :up: Wish I were there, but it's just beer and maybe some tzatziki if I get hungry again. I think there's some sort of biscuit I can use with it.

Oooh. I totally misread you. I thought you'd said that you'd downloaded it and had it with you, but hadn't extracted it from the RAR file or something.

I was hoping to have a variety of cheeses, but even the cheapest camembert was fairly expensive. I opted for a fairly cheap one, but not the cheapest, because the cheapest was the Coles home brand that I know from experience with their blocks of tasty is just fucking dreadful.

Wait, coming to think of it, I think I have some aged tasty lying around ... that'd be some good variety. Wish I had some dried fruits too, since that would probably go well with the pinot gris.

Ugh, the MP3 of Balloon has some nasty static at the start. The perils of getting something for nothing, I suppose.

We need a legal successor to Oink and we need it now.

The title track really took me by surprise. Firstly by how soft it is initially, and then - fucking hell, out of nowhere! Way to kick it up a notch. I like, I like a lot. Flower To Hide also seemed pretty memorable. I'm liking it all so far; probably the only track I wasn't that enthusiastic about was She's My Friend. Yeah, I get the point mate, she's your friend.

Yeah, Ferment is a great song. Scared the hell out of me the first time I heard it. Still catches me off guard. If you ever get around to losing a purity point by smoking weed (I don't know if you have yet), be sure to put that song on for a freaky experience.

See, I just don't know how I could live without things like my salami, though my diet has more vegetables in it nowadays than it used to - primarily because I use napoli rather than bolognese sauce, and because I don't buy chicken any more due to how ridiculous the prices for it are and how little I enjoy actually preparing it.

Yeah, the pancreatitis is a bit of a pain, since certain foods are totally off-limits as they'd trigger a new attack. From my own perspective, it's disappointing that Mum can't try my cooking and baking, because just about everything I make has triggers (mainly far too much dairy). She's the one who taught me to cook and everything, so I'd love her to be able to try it. Partly because out of all people, I take her opinion most seriously on what's good and what's not. I mean, she used to be a professional cake decorator and has appeared on cooking shows and stuff, so she knows what she's on about.

I was beginning to get put off salami and other processed meats simply because of questioning exactly what's in them. I have always enjoyed them, I just didn't think they were doing any good, and the more I thought about them, the more I felt a bit ill. I was also getting off beef jerky, mainly because of the prices. The only thing I really miss is lamb yiros. One day I'll return to it!

I guess as long as it's not too serious, it's okay, not desirable of course, but okay. I had no idea she was on cooking shows, though. That is pretty awesome.

Yeah, Ferment is a great song. Scared the hell out of me the first time I heard it. Still catches me off guard. If you ever get around to losing a purity point by smoking weed (I don't know if you have yet), be sure to put that song on for a freaky experience.

Yeah, I was sitting there thinking "well, this is a nice, soft song, certainly quite different to what I might expect on Nowhere or Mezcal He-oooolllly FUCK."

And I think the odds of me losing a purity point on weed are pretty much zero. :wink: Can't say I'm exactly interested, and even if I were, I wouldn't know where or how to get some. Ha, almost made it sound like sex there. Which also isn't going to lose me any purity points soon. Meanwhile, Jen's probably lost another purity point in the time it took me to write this (seriously, she said whatever she's up to tonight will take her down to at least 17%).

I was beginning to get put off salami and other processed meats simply because of questioning exactly what's in them. I have always enjoyed them, I just didn't think they were doing any good, and the more I thought about them, the more I felt a bit ill. I was also getting off beef jerky, mainly because of the prices. The only thing I really miss is lamb yiros. One day I'll return to it!

I guess as long as it's not too serious, it's okay, not desirable of course, but okay. I had no idea she was on cooking shows, though. That is pretty awesome.

See, if I were too conscious of where meat came from, I'd probably go vegetarian just due to being nauseated. But then I think that probably everything else is going through nasty processes too. Vegetables, biscuits, bread, orange juice - so much today is processed to within an inch of its life. So I just ignore all of it, since I am not in a position right now to do much about it. If I could live in a nice little country town and get everything fresh, somewhat like when I was little, then I imagine my diet might change a lot. Right now, financial concerns dominate.

Yeah, my mother's friend had a bit of a cooking show and Mum assisted her sometimes back in the early and mid-nineties. Professionally, she mainly stuck to cake baking and decorating, though she sometimes did general catering as well. All through my childhood, the kitchen was full of cakes and biscuits and stuff ... :drool:

Oooh. I totally misread you. I thought you'd said that you'd downloaded it and had it with you, but hadn't extracted it from the RAR file or something.

I was hoping to have a variety of cheeses, but even the cheapest camembert was fairly expensive. I opted for a fairly cheap one, but not the cheapest, because the cheapest was the Coles home brand that I know from experience with their blocks of tasty is just fucking dreadful.

Wait, coming to think of it, I think I have some aged tasty lying around ... that'd be some good variety. Wish I had some dried fruits too, since that would probably go well with the pinot gris.

Haha, that's okay.

Yeah, I think if you're just on your own the best bet is to get either one block or some special variety-pack with a few different types of cheese, but I don't know if they're particularly common, or cheap. I usually find Cole's products reliable, but I guess I'll keep away from their cheeses!

Yeah, some nice dried apricot with grapes is always a pleasure.

OK, it's almost rugby time. Let's get this party started with a glass of port. I suppose that logically, I should start with the pinot gris and progress to the port, but I simply feel like port first up.

Wonder if my drunkposting this week will be as disappointing as last week.

And I think the odds of me losing a purity point on weed are pretty much zero. :wink: Can't say I'm exactly interested, and even if I were, I wouldn't know where or how to get some. Ha, almost made it sound like sex there. Which also isn't going to lose me any purity points soon. Meanwhile, Jen's probably lost another purity point in the time it took me to write this (seriously, she said whatever she's up to tonight will take her down to at least 17%).

Haha, no I can totally understand that. As for Jen, what the hell? Is she having a blood orgy at a kindergarten?

See, if I were too conscious of where meat came from, I'd probably go vegetarian just due to being nauseated. But then I think that probably everything else is going through nasty processes too. Vegetables, biscuits, bread, orange juice - so much today is processed to within an inch of its life. So I just ignore all of it, since I am not in a position right now to do much about it. If I could live in a nice little country town and get everything fresh, somewhat like when I was little, then I imagine my diet might change a lot. Right now, financial concerns dominate.

Yeah, most stuff in supermarkets is nasty to an extent. But to me that's different than realising that there are muscle tendons in my mouth that belonged to a living creature. It's not so much a moral thing as that I find it somewhat disturbing. Anyway, I think if anything I may take breaks after a few months, make it an on-and-off vegetarianism. Even if it just means one or two yiroi a year.

Yeah, my mother's friend had a bit of a cooking show and Mum assisted her sometimes back in the early and mid-nineties. Professionally, she mainly stuck to cake baking and decorating, though she sometimes did general catering as well. All through my childhood, the kitchen was full of cakes and biscuits and stuff ... :drool:

Haha, that is awesome. I'm not the biggest fan of cakes, but I imagine things would have been different if you and I shared mothers.

OK, it's almost rugby time. Let's get this party started with a glass of port. I suppose that logically, I should start with the pinot gris and progress to the port, but I simply feel like port first up.

Wonder if my drunkposting this week will be as disappointing as last week.

Scull! Scull! Scull!

Haha, that's okay.

Yeah, I think if you're just on your own the best bet is to get either one block or some special variety-pack with a few different types of cheese, but I don't know if they're particularly common, or cheap. I usually find Cole's products reliable, but I guess I'll keep away from their cheeses!

Yeah, some nice dried apricot with grapes is always a pleasure.

Yeah, I looked for something resembling a variety pack, but the only thing was some pack that had three differently aged kinds of tasty. It really inspired a "so fucking what" in me, so I just stuck with the camembert. I love camembert. I was very disappointed with the cheese selection at my supermarket, though - I kept an eye out for haloumi after your positive mention of it, but none in sight.

And as for Coles' products, they seem to have two home brands, one of which is shit and one is good. The Coles Farmland orange juice is what I drink - sure, it's processed in the extreme, but I honestly like it. Meanwhile, the blandly labelled no-frills one just with the white label is absolutely VILE and induces nausea. I find this holds true for cheese too, though I've lately been buying Mainland anyway for my blocks of tasty as it's cheapest at the local supermarket.

Yeah, I looked for something resembling a variety pack, but the only thing was some pack that had three differently aged kinds of tasty. It really inspired a "so fucking what" in me, so I just stuck with the camembert. I love camembert. I was very disappointed with the cheese selection at my supermarket, though - I kept an eye out for haloumi after your positive mention of it, but none in sight.

And as for Coles' products, they seem to have two home brands, one of which is shit and one is good. The Coles Farmland orange juice is what I drink - sure, it's processed in the extreme, but I honestly like it. Meanwhile, the blandly labelled no-frills one just with the white label is absolutely VILE and induces nausea. I find this holds true for cheese too, though I've lately been buying Mainland anyway for my blocks of tasty as it's cheapest at the local supermarket.

Tasty tends to taste pretty similar to me all the time, so I'd react the same as you. Plus, I wouldn't want to have just one type of cheese. Madly lame. Haloumi is delicious, but you'd have to be prepared to get a little bit of cooking done, perhaps before you got into the drink. :wink:

There is a Coles brand called "You'll Love Coles" or something here, don't know if that's the same that you guys have. That one is very reliable and cheap. Then there's those bland ones, like you said, which tend to be of low quality.

Hey, here's a little camembert tip for you - spread some sun-dried tomato dip on the biscuit before putting the cheese on. Some may find the taste sickly, but I think it rocks.

Haha, no I can totally understand that. As for Jen, what the hell? Is she having a blood orgy at a kindergarten?

:lmao: She said something about questions 67 and 94, which I was genuinely surprised she hadn't lost already.

Ah, fuck you Australia, 3-0. Wait, I'm meant to be going for them against France. Meh. Fuck the Wallabies. Fuck France more. This is great; I can bitch when they both score! :laugh:

Yeah, most stuff in supermarkets is nasty to an extent. But to me that's different than realising that there are muscle tendons in my mouth that belonged to a living creature. It's not so much a moral thing as that I find it somewhat disturbing. Anyway, I think if anything I may take breaks after a few months, make it an on-and-off vegetarianism. Even if it just means one or two yiroi a year.

Oh, I know what you mean. I've always been somebody who just refuses to make the mental connection between what's on my plate and living animals I've seen. As long as that connection is not there, I'm fine.

Ah, fuck you Australia, 8-0. Good try though, great kick to set it up.

Haha, that is awesome. I'm not the biggest fan of cakes, but I imagine things would have been different if you and I shared mothers.

Yeah, I don't know how people live on commercial cakes and stuff. They're so ... over-processed and lack substance. My mother's chocolate cake, however, is mindblowing.

Haha, 7 just advertised a Battle Of The Choirs show with somebody saying "there's no excuse for not knowing U2's lyrics". What, everybody knows Treasure now?

I downloaded a Firefox add on that shows image previews of pages when you search on Google - I tested it by searching for "sex party".

And would you believe it, the Wiki article for "sex party" comes up. The death of internet porn?

I downloaded a Firefox add on that shows image previews of pages when you search on Google - I tested it by searching for "sex party".

And would you believe it, the Wiki article for "sex party" comes up. The death of internet porn?

Fuck you, I nearly spat port on the computer! :lmao:

Tasty tends to taste pretty similar to me all the time, so I'd react the same as you. Plus, I wouldn't want to have just one type of cheese. Madly lame. Haloumi is delicious, but you'd have to be prepared to get a little bit of cooking done, perhaps before you got into the drink. :wink:

There is a Coles brand called "You'll Love Coles" or something here, don't know if that's the same that you guys have. That one is very reliable and cheap. Then there's those bland ones, like you said, which tend to be of low quality.

Hey, here's a little camembert tip for you - spread some sun-dried tomato dip on the biscuit before putting the cheese on. Some may find the taste sickly, but I think it rocks.

Yeah, this aged tasty I have is just like normal tasty, but more crumbly. Ah well, works on crackers well at least. Hope it goes with the pinot gris. There we go, the port's done. Aiming to down three glasses during this half of rugby.

And yeah, I was more thinking of using the haloumi in my lunches, actually.

The "You'll Love Coles" stuff is here and yeah, tends to be reliable. I usually get their chips, for instance. Why pay $2 more for Red Rock Deli chips? Sure, Red Rock Deli fucking owns, but not for the prices they charge.

Oh damn, I've no dips to try that, and it sounds really good too. :( Pantry's rather bare in most regards, to tell the truth, thanks to rising food prices.

:lmao: She said something about questions 67 and 94, which I was genuinely surprised she hadn't lost already.

Wow, I'm surprised by that, too! I wonder which others she hasn't done yet. Maybe I should stop wondering.

Ah, fuck you Australia, 3-0. Wait, I'm meant to be going for them against France. Meh. Fuck the Wallabies. Fuck France more. This is great; I can bitch when they both score! :laugh:

:lol: Personally, I'd go for France. :wink:

Oh, I know what you mean. I've always been somebody who just refuses to make the mental connection between what's on my plate and living animals I've seen. As long as that connection is not there, I'm fine.

Yeah, totally understood. I'm not all PETA and shit, of course. I hate PETA. But I found myself thinking about meat more often and where it comes from. Hell, I feel sort of vicious eating broccoli since I know they have nerves, too. Anyway, don't really need to go much further with this, since it's sort of a blurry vision for me.

Ah, fuck you Australia, 8-0. Good try though, great kick to set it up.

France's way?

Yeah, I don't know how people live on commercial cakes and stuff. They're so ... over-processed and lack substance. My mother's chocolate cake, however, is mindblowing.

As I said, not the hugest fan of cake here, but a good chocolate cake is divine. Horribly, sickeningly divine. Can she still cook it?

Haha, 7 just advertised a Battle Of The Choirs show with somebody saying "there's no excuse for not knowing U2's lyrics". What, everybody knows Treasure now?

No excuse? WHAT IF YOU'RE BONO ooh schnapps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom